ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:59 am

Congratulations solitudinarian101 !! and thanks!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:11 pm

jotter wrote:Back to the thread topic, it strikes me that since kozyavka on November 6th we haven't had a single post from someone to say they got their PR. Has the HO stopped issuing them? C'mon people! Give us some good news!
My thoughts exactly! I want to think that people who have received their PR confirmation were simply stunned with glee that they forgot to post back.

Otherwise the weather front here is rather icy. Brrr...Hope I (and others) have a good update to post soon.

Aladin0987

Little Strange Story

Post by Aladin0987 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:15 am

Just to let u guys know my little strange story

-My wife got PR after succesful EEA3 application
-I applied for EEA4 on February 2012
-Made complaint five times since the begining of October by e-mail, fax and post but never got any reply from them.
-Been calling them few times a day they keep saying"your application is not being completed, we do not have further information and we can't requst for COA letter, u must wait"
-Made complaint ten times since the begining of October by e-mail, fax and post but never got any reply from them.
-Contacted Mp
-Opened case with Solvit
-Requested Passport back first time on 05 October 2012 and again requested several times Via Email, application form, post, calling them but they never replyed and returned our doduments!

Still no COA letter :lol:
what ealse on earth am I suppose to do?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: Little Strange Story

Post by Plum70 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Aladin0987 wrote: -Contacted Mp
Have you heard back from your MP?

It is unacceptable and illegal that your application is well into its 9th month and hasn't been resolved.

I suggest that you do what I did when my RC card application went over 6 months back in 2008 and send a petition to the European Parliament or complain to the European Commission

In my case I also gathered a wealth of information from other signatories of my petition adequately demonstrating the UKBA's gross negligence and breach of EU law. You do not have to do this but it may also help to expose and address what might be a wider problem.
Last edited by Plum70 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aladin0987

plum u spoke from the heart

Post by Aladin0987 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks Plum I like the way u speak from the heart,
anyway do u know how to do that ? shall I just send them an E-mail or download the complaint form and lodged it by e-mail or send it to the head office in Bruxelles or the london office?or..?

"Thanks God u made me great enough that the bully satanic regime of westminster scared of me"

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Little Strange Story

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:16 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:Just to let u guys know my little strange story

-My wife got PR after succesful EEA3 application
-I applied for EEA4 on February 2012
-Made complaint five times since the begining of October by e-mail, fax and post but never got any reply from them.
-Been calling them few times a day they keep saying"your application is not being completed, we do not have further information and we can't requst for COA letter, u must wait"
-Made complaint ten times since the begining of October by e-mail, fax and post but never got any reply from them.
-Contacted Mp
-Opened case with Solvit
-Requested Passport back first time on 05 October 2012 and again requested several times Via Email, application form, post, calling them but they never replyed and returned our doduments!

Still no COA letter :lol:
Did your wife apply together with you or did you apply after your wife got her PR?

It sounds very strange as once the EEA national receives PR Confirmation, it doesn't take long for the non EEA national PR Confirmation to get issued. It could be that the HO have misplaced/lost your application.

Chase them on the request for the return of the passport. That should force them to locate the application.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: plum u spoke from the heart

Post by Plum70 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:20 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:anyway do u know how to do that ? shall I just send them an E-mail or download the complaint form and lodged it by e-mail or send it to the head office in Bruxelles or the london office?or..?
Have you read the information in the links? It's all there: how to make a complaint/petition and where they should be sent.

Jambo's idea of requesting your passport is also a good one.

Whatever action you decide to take do let us know how you get on.

P.S: I realised that both links were for complaints to the EC so I have amended one of them to take you to the EP petition page.

darthsolicitortobe
Newly Registered

Re: Strange

Post by darthsolicitortobe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Jambo wrote:
Aladin0987 wrote:I dont get it why Jambo is backing the Homo ffice up?! r u their offiecial slave Jambo or just pimping for them ? lol
I don't like the language you are using.

Where did I backup anyone? I merely stated the rules and added the outcome of similar applications.

If you have something useful to add, please do so.
Dear Jambo,

Please don't be deterred by the ungrateful numpties, who are an inconsequential minority. You are doing a great service to many, and the sensible people in this forum applaud you.

Thank you and God bless.

darthsolicitortobe
Newly Registered

Good English

Post by darthsolicitortobe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Dear All,

I have been observing this forum for a while, and the advice that's given is generally very sound.

However, there is one key piece of advice that hasn't been given- good English. I have noticed that a lot of the people who complain about lack of responses usually make a lot of grammatical errors, and most times, I can barely make out what their issue is.

If such an email is sent to the EEA4 section of the Home Office, I can assure you that it will be disregarded, or at least pushed to the back of the queue. I work in a very busy department, and badly constructed emails tend to be 'difficult to answer'.

You may not require a solicitor, dependant on the complexities of your case, but please make sure that your email (general correspondence) is proof read by someone who has an advanced mastery of the English Language. It really helps!

I am not saying it's the main factor for delays, but I can categorically state that it makes a big difference!

Good luck to everyone. Lets keep sharing information in good faith.

P.S. The irony of my post isn't lost on me! (those who need this advice, probably wouldn't understand half of what I am banging on about! Hey-ho!)

Aladin0987

Thanks gyz

Post by Aladin0987 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks Plum and Jambo

Mnc

Re: PR Granted

Post by Mnc » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi Guys,

The postman finally came, and yes, it was the special delivery from the home office.

PR, finally granted. All the best to everyone else waiting. In my case it took 6 months and 3 weeks.

If there is a similar thread for British Citizenship following EEA4, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thank you for all the support.

Ksiu
Newly Registered

Post by Ksiu » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi!!!

I have some news

EEA3/EEA4:06.08.2012(five of us ,my husband EEA3,me EEA4,husbands son,who is 18 years old EEA3,and our 2 kids 1 and 2 years old EEA3(they were born in UK,but they have passports EU national)
home office received :07/08/2012
today we received documents back with PR dated 26.11.2012,Iam so happy,but I noticed that not all documents they have sent,no my kids passports who is 1 and 2 years old,and no my husband ID card.What should we do,please help me and no any information about kids passports and husbands ID.

Ksiu
Newly Registered

Post by Ksiu » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:41 pm

please anyone!!!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Ksiu wrote:Hi!!!

I have some news

EEA3/EEA4:06.08.2012(five of us ,my husband EEA3,me EEA4,husbands son,who is 18 years old EEA3,and our 2 kids 1 and 2 years old EEA3(they were born in UK,but they have passports EU national)
home office received :07/08/2012
today we received documents back with PR dated 26.11.2012,Iam so happy,but I noticed that not all documents they have sent,no my kids passports who is 1 and 2 years old,and no my husband ID card.What should we do,please help me and no any information about kids passports and husbands ID.
Call the HO and ask.

BTW - the young kids would not get PR as they have not lived in the UK for 5 years (being only 1 or 2 yo). They will either get Registration Certificate (EEA1) or nothing.

Ksiu
Newly Registered

Post by Ksiu » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Thank's Jambo.
I've tried to call today,but it was unsuccessful.May be I could request their passports,because we could apply for their registration as British now.

Do you know which email I can use to ask them about our kids passports and y husbands ID?

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Mnc wrote:Hi Guys,

The postman finally came, and yes, it was the special delivery from the home office.

PR, finally granted. All the best to everyone else waiting. In my case it took 6 months and 3 weeks.

If there is a similar thread for British Citizenship following EEA4, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Congratulations Mnc ! I think you were one of only a couple of posters in this thread left who applied in the first half of this year and was still waiting for an initial decision, so it's a boost for us all to hear that you were finally successful.

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Ksiu wrote:Thank's Jambo.
I've tried to call today,but it was unsuccessful.May be I could request their passports,because we could apply for their registration as British now.

Do you know which email I can use to ask them about our kids passports and y husbands ID?
Ksiu, I'd advise, additionally to calling and emailing, to write to them by special delivery and send another envelope. It's a hassle and shouldn't be necessary, but should improve your chances of getting this sorted out quickly.

Ksiu
Newly Registered

Post by Ksiu » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:33 pm

jotter wrote:
Ksiu wrote:Thank's Jambo.

Ksiu, I'd advise, additionally to calling and emailing, to write to them by special delivery and send another envelope. It's a hassle and shouldn't be necessary, but should improve your chances of getting this sorted out quickly.
Thank you.Could you tell me please which email I can use for that?I am going to send them letter tomorrow,thank's for advise.

Tyro

Just Sent EEA3 for my wife

Post by Tyro » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Hello Everyone,

Today we have sent EEA3 for my wife. Her nationality is Cypriot. We supplied following documents. Just wondering if we have included everything needed.

1. EEA3 Form + Her Passport + Covering Letter + 2 passport size photographs
2. Proof of self employment ( Tax return form for last year, 4-5 recent invoices+ Her personal account statements as she receives business payments in her personal account: will that be a problem?). Also sent NI bills.
3. Employer reference letters for three Jobs + pay slips for one job where she didn't have any ref. letter and confirmation email print out for the fifth job where she didn't have any payslip or reference, as it was temporary Job for 7 weeks: will that be a problem?)
4. 5 years council tax bills
5. Email from recruitment agencies for the time she was unemployed and not registered as job seeker.

thought to share as there may be other people in same situation where they didn't register with job centre and were looking for jobs through job agencies.

Could someone with more experience please check this list and advise if we stand a chance of getting a PR For her.

Many Thanks

jotter
Member of Standing

Re: Just Sent EEA3 for my wife

Post by jotter » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Tyro wrote:Hello Everyone,

Today we have sent EEA3 for my wife. Her nationality is Cypriot. We supplied following documents. Just wondering if we have included everything needed.

1. EEA3 Form + Her Passport + Covering Letter + 2 passport size photographs
2. Proof of self employment ( Tax return form for last year, 4-5 recent invoices+ Her personal account statements as she receives business payments in her personal account: will that be a problem?). Also sent NI bills.
3. Employer reference letters for three Jobs + pay slips for one job where she didn't have any ref. letter and confirmation email print out for the fifth job where she didn't have any payslip or reference, as it was temporary Job for 7 weeks: will that be a problem?)
4. 5 years council tax bills
5. Email from recruitment agencies for the time she was unemployed and not registered as job seeker.

thought to share as there may be other people in same situation where they didn't register with job centre and were looking for jobs through job agencies.

Could someone with more experience please check this list and advise if we stand a chance of getting a PR For her.

Many Thanks
Hi Tyro, This thread is for EEA4. The equivalent thread for EEA3-only applications is here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=108957

Mnc

Post by Mnc » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:05 am

Thanks Jotter,

I did indeed have to wait for a long time, I am glad its now over.

Once again, I am thankful to everyone for their support.

jotter wrote:
Mnc wrote:Hi Guys,

Congratulations Mnc ! I think you were one of only a couple of posters in this thread left who applied in the first half of this year and was still waiting for an initial decision, so it's a boost for us all to hear that you were finally successful.

tinformatics
Newly Registered

Another long timeline

Post by tinformatics » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 am

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum - just wanted to give our EEA3/EEA4 timeline and see if there is anyone else in a similar situation.

EEA3/EEA4 submitted on 5 July 2012
COA received 10 October 2012 (more than 3 months!!!!)
Passport returned on request for the non-EEA spouse on 3 November 2012
No response yet on PR and we are getting very anxious as Christmas holidays are approaching and we would both like to travel .....

The COA states that they try to solve all cases within 6 months - is this 6 months from initial application or from COA being issued? It's confusing in the letter.

Thanks!

sissidiana
Newly Registered

Post by sissidiana » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:04 pm

sissidiana wrote:EEA4 sent 01 Sep 12
EEA4 received at HO 3 Sep 12
COA for EEA4 received 18 Oct 12 (dated 12 Oct 12)
EEA4 PR waiting

Still no PR yet. Requested return of document a couple of weeks ago, I'm travelling this Sat. Called them but they said they can not check whether anything has been dispatched any more. Don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: Another long timeline

Post by Plum70 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:22 pm

tinformatics wrote: Passport returned on request for the non-EEA spouse on 3 November 2012
Can I ask how you made the request - by email or letter? And if the latter, to which address? Also how long did the UKBA take to process your request?
tinformatics wrote:The COA states that they try to solve all cases within 6 months - is this 6 months from initial application or from COA being issued? It's confusing in the letter.
6 months from application receipt.

tinformatics
Newly Registered

Post by tinformatics » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:02 pm

sissidiana wrote:
sissidiana wrote:EEA4 sent 01 Sep 12
EEA4 received at HO 3 Sep 12
COA for EEA4 received 18 Oct 12 (dated 12 Oct 12)
EEA4 PR waiting

Still no PR yet. Requested return of document a couple of weeks ago, I'm travelling this Sat. Called them but they said they can not check whether anything has been dispatched any more. Don't know what I'm supposed to do.

sissidiana - try speaking to your local MP's office. This is how we managed to get my husband's passport returned. We e-mail and wrote to them and no response for 2 weeks, then MP got involved and passport was with us within a couple of days ....