ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still no invitation letter - Northampton County Council NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mordoklej

Still no invitation letter - Northampton County Council NCS

Post by Mordoklej » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:24 pm

I contacted them in October, they told me over the phone my ceremony date is 4 December and was told to wait for my invitation letter . Then I rang two weeks later regarding the invitation letter.. then again last Wednesday.. No letter so far.

Do Councils always work that way and wait with everything until last minute? :roll: Can I attend the ceremony with my ID but no invitation letter? I've got UKBA approval letter. I hope that will do.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Still no invitation letter - Northampton County Council

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:12 pm

Mordoklej wrote:I contacted them in October, they told me over the phone my ceremony date is 4 December and was told to wait for my invitation letter . Then I rang two weeks later regarding the invitation letter.. then again last Wednesday.. No letter so far.
Check your approval letter - it should state that if you haven't received your invitation letter after 2 weeks, you should write them (them = UKBA Nationality Enquiries Team, not the council). Whether your approval letter does that or not - I would do it anyway. Let them contact the council and sort it out. If HO calls the council, I am sure the council will be somewhat more compliant.
Mordoklej wrote:Can I attend the ceremony with my ID but no invitation letter? I've got UKBA approval letter. I hope that will do.
I don't think so, but if you got confirmation that your ceremony is on the 4th, I would give it a shot anyway.

Mordoklej

Post by Mordoklej » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:33 am

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
Mordoklej wrote:Can I attend the ceremony with my ID but no invitation letter? I've got UKBA approval letter. I hope that will do.
I don't think so, but if you got confirmation that your ceremony is on the 4th, I would give it a shot anyway.
I just checked UKBA approval/invitation letter and it says
You must bring THIS invitation to the ceremony, if you do not your ceremony will be postponed. The registrar may request evidence of identity including a photograph
Northampton County Council website says
What to bring to the ceremony
-Their Home Office approval letter
-Proof of identity ie; passport, travel document or driving licence
-As the oath is made to almighty God, you may wish to bring along a holy book
So I'm a bit relieved but still confused at the same time. The invitation/approval letter was saying that I needed to contact my local council to arrange my ceremony. So am I waiting for invitation or is it just a confirmation from council and the required invitation is the one I've already got from UKBA (it doesn't state date and place of the ceremony obviously)?

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:52 am

Mordoklej wrote:
Gyfrinachgar wrote:
I just checked UKBA approval/invitation letter and it says
You must bring THIS invitation to the ceremony, if you do not your ceremony will be postponed. The registrar may request evidence of identity including a photograph
Northampton County Council website says
What to bring to the ceremony
-Their Home Office approval letter
-Proof of identity ie; passport, travel document or driving licence
-As the oath is made to almighty God, you may wish to bring along a holy book
So I'm a bit relieved but still confused at the same time. The invitation/approval letter was saying that I needed to contact my local council to arrange my ceremony. So am I waiting for invitation or is it just a confirmation from council and the required invitation is the one I've already got from UKBA (it doesn't state date and place of the ceremony obviously)?
Dude , you are confusing yourself and stressing for no apparent reason . Which invitation letter are you waiting for when you have it already ? Just take that letter to the ceremony , how could you have been booked for the 4th Dec if your council was waiting for something ? The confirmed date is evidence that everything has been booked and whats left is for you to take the invitation letter you have on the day .

Mordoklej

Post by Mordoklej » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:39 am

trs2011 wrote: Dude , you are confusing yourself and stressing for no apparent reason . Which invitation letter are you waiting for when you have it already ? Just take that letter to the ceremony , how could you have been booked for the 4th Dec if your council was waiting for something ? The confirmed date is evidence that everything has been booked and whats left is for you to take the invitation letter you have on the day .
I think you're right.

I kinda started realizing that since my last post ;)