ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm

andyjohnst wrote:This section seems to relate to working in the UK though.
As I said, this section has always been there. The HO didn't bother to update the text when the Surinder Singh section was added.
It also asks for an employers declaration in the form of a signature and possible company stamp.

I have to get this completed by my former employer?
Read the form. It says
Please either ask your EEA national family member’s employer to complete the Employers declara-
tion below or you can provide at least one of the pieces of evidence listed below in 6.10:
. Section 6.10 includes:
* Contract(s) of employment
* Most recent wage slips (at least one)
* Letter(s) from employer confirming employment. This should be on letter headed paper and signed and dated by your EEA national family member’s employer.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Returning to the UK under Surinder Singh.

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:06 pm

andyjohnst wrote:We will be returning the the UK under Surinder Singh. I was exercising treaty right as a worker from December 11 to Sept 12. We then had a holiday in my wife's home country (Azerbaijan) from 29 Sep 12 until 3 Jan 13. Reason for the extended holiday was due to the birth of our child on 5 September 12.
The reason for you being out of the EU or out of the host member state does not matter. You could have moved to Azerbaijan and been working there, or have moved to Brazil.

There is no requirement that you must immediately enter the UK after having worked in a host member state.

The British embassy made two mistakes. First was refusing the initial EEA FP application. The second was their sad "explanation" for issuing the EEA FP when they finally did.

Hope your wife enjoys the UK, though January can be a a bit dark and damp to arrive for the first time.

andyjohnst

Post by andyjohnst » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:02 am

Cheers Jambo. Like you pointed out, they just need to update it but what you have pointed out has really helped. Really appreciate your input.

January will be dull, damp and cold but that will be eased with our excitement :)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 pm

andyjohnst wrote:January will be dull, damp and cold but that will be eased with our excitement :)
Very good point