ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for the 2nd extension 16 months earlier

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ldbright

Applying for the 2nd extension 16 months earlier

Post by ldbright » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi Guys

I am on Teri 1 (3+2) and will complete my 5 years and apply for PR in April 2014 . I will also be qualified for PR under the 10 years continuous residence rule in Aug 2014.

Because of a sudden change at work, I am likely to lose my job in March 2013. My plan is to renew my current tier 1 visa (2nd time) this November and if I can get another 2 years extension, it will bring me to Nov 2014 -- this means that if worst comes to worst, I haven't earned enough points by April 2014, I still can apply for the PR under the 10 years long residence rule in Aug 2014. Longer visa period will also give me better employment opportunity while looking for a new job next year.

Can anyone see any problems in my above plan. Your view and advice are appreciated.

Many Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Seems like a good idea

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:22 am

ldbright wrote:For job seeking reasons I need longer visa therefor I am planning to apply for 2nd tier 1 extension.

I will be completing my 5 years in 04/2014 (initial visa granted in 04/2009) and the second extension will bring me to 11/2014. My question is that if I scored enough points in 04/2014 to apply ILR, can I still do it in April or I have to wait till 11/2014 because of the 2nd extension.

Vice versa, if I have to work extra couple of monthes to get qualified for ILR, will HO accept earnings outside the 5 years period(from the initial visa grant date). In other words can someone apply for ILR if he/she stays more than 5 years in the country?

Any answers/ suggestions are welcome and thanks everyone in advance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Anyone please help?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Without getting into details, I will only say - don't worry, you'll be fine.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:52 pm

ldbright wrote:For job seeking reasons I need longer visa therefor I am planning to apply for 2nd tier 1 extension.

I will be completing my 5 years in 04/2014 (initial visa granted in 04/2009) and the second extension will bring me to 11/2014. My question is that if I scored enough points in 04/2014 to apply ILR, can I still do it in April or I have to wait till 11/2014 because of the 2nd extension.
If you meet the requirements (including 5 year residence) for ILR as a economic migrant in April 2014, then you may do so. You do not need to wait until November 2014.
ldbright wrote:Vice versa, if I have to work extra couple of monthes to get qualified for ILR, will HO accept earnings outside the 5 years period(from the initial visa grant date). In other words can someone apply for ILR if he/she stays more than 5 years in the country?
I'm not sure I've understood the question here, but am providing the following to help towards what I think your question may be:

a) You can only use earnings from any 12 consecutive month period within the 15 months immediately before your ILR application date.
b) You do not need to apply for ILR as soon as you become eligible (5 years residence), i.e. you can delay applying if you wish, so long as you have sufficient leave to remain to reside in the UK.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:27 pm

cs95tdg wrote:

If you meet the requirements (including 5 year residence) for ILR as a economic migrant in April 2014, then you may do so. You do not need to wait until November 2014.
ldbright wrote:Vice versa, if I have to work extra couple of monthes to get qualified for ILR, will HO accept earnings outside the 5 years period(from the initial visa grant date). In other words can someone apply for ILR if he/she stays more than 5 years in the country?
I'm not sure I've understood the question here, but am providing the following to help towards what I think your question may be:

a) You can only use earnings from any 12 consecutive month period within the 15 months immediately before your ILR application date.
b) You do not need to apply for ILR as soon as you become eligible (5 years residence), i.e. you can delay applying if you wish, so long as you have sufficient leave to remain to reside in the UK.
This is exactly what I wanted to ask,thank you!

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:34 pm

As I am extending my t1 visa 16 months in advance, do I need to include a explanation into my covering letter to clarify the reason writing?

Also, from the previous post about the applicant only given 1 year visa in stead of 2, I am thinking of printing out the guidance 245CB(a) just in case I need to defend my application on the day. Will this information be enough? Can you suggest anything else that would help just in case I am questioned.

Please can someone give me your thoughts on this, it would be really appreciated.

Thank you vey much!

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 am

Anyone, please.

arunkulfi
Newly Registered

Post by arunkulfi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:24 am

ldbright

New postPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
As I am extending my t1 visa 16 months in advance, do I need to include a explanation into my covering letter to clarify the reason writing?

Also, from the previous post about the applicant only given 1 year visa in stead of 2, I am thinking of printing out the guidance 245CB(a) just in case I need to defend my application on the day. Will this information be enough? Can you suggest anything else that would help just in case I am questioned.

Please can someone give me your thoughts on this, it would be really appreciated.

Thank you vey much!
@dbright i think u should be ok ..... my HSMP extension was due in sept 2009 but i went for an extension in april 2009 itself they bascially added 3 yrs after sept 2009 for my end date

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:20 pm

The person you mentioned got it corrected to 2 years through complaint process, you cannot predict your luck on the day just hope for the best, they might ask you the reason for early extension so be prepared to answer that.
ldbright wrote:As I am extending my t1 visa 16 months in advance, do I need to include a explanation into my covering letter to clarify the reason writing?

Thank you vey much!

Xmas2012
Newly Registered

Post by Xmas2012 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:27 pm

hi