ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

soniac

Post by soniac » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:58 am

Hi Diane,

We applied for my oartners FP in March which was refused, so we appealed and won the appeal in August. He arrived in September and we have just made the EEA2 application on the 19th of Nov, received by HO on the 20th, CoA with no right to work issued in the 21st and arrived on the 23rd (quick turn around hey!) So now, I have just written the home office today asking whether they have issued the wrong CoA to my partner since our relationship was already proven genuine with the FP application, therefore shouldnt he have the right to work? Feeling very uneasy about it all though, was hoping it would be a much smoother process than our FP one....

soniac

Post by soniac » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:58 am

[quote="mhamdsamy"][quote="soniac"]Hi everyone,

Been reading alot of previous posts and beginning to feel very unsettled. We just made the EEA2 application for my partner, and his CoA was received with no confirmation to work. Since he has a Family Permit (as unmarried partners), I have just sent them a letter today asking why he wasnt given confirmation of right to work. However, after reading many of the posts, its seems as though applicants who receive a CoA without permission to work have a higher probability of being refused? Is this true? We have already been through an appeal process and I am praying we dont have to go through another one....his FP is valid until the end of February...please any words of advice would be really appreciated...[/quote]
my fb finished august and i am still working andd living here i dont have coa or rC[/quote]

Have you applied for EEA2 as unmarried partners?

Carolms
Newly Registered

Post by Carolms » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:20 am

I applied for eea2 on june 6 2012, got my coa 4 month later but im still waiting for my rc. My dad passed away and i couldnt go to say goodbye. :cry:

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:48 am

Carolms wrote:I applied for eea2 on june 6 2012, got my coa 4 month later but im still waiting for my rc. My dad passed away and i couldnt go to say goodbye. :cry:

I am so sorry to hear that :(
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

lannalondon1
Newly Registered

Post by lannalondon1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:20 am

Hi Carolms,

First, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. This shouldn't happen. I was in a similar situation last year when I had familly emergency and wasn't able to travel. However, UK must change the way they are dealing with residence card applications. And as long as no one is complaining or escalating to EU level, they can get out with doing this.

There is no way on Earth that would sit and do nothing if I wasn't able to travel home and be with my family in difficult times. If I were you I would explore Law, talk to lawyer, see if you could make an official complaint against UKBA before International Court, sue them, ask for compensation for not been able to attend a funeral of your father. On level of importance life and a family have a far more priority than living in this rainy country. And UKBA has to come to terms with the fact that not all of us are applying for RC because we want to live here and exploit the system. I don't event have a GP, I pay taxes,unreasonably high rents and go to private doctors, don't have right to resource on public funds and I don't need them. But I hate to be treated as if I am some kind of a refugee who would do everything to stay in the UK. I am staying here because of my partner, who is European and if UK prefers not to allow Europeans and their partners to live and work in the UK than that should simply leave EU! I am sorry if I am whining here but it does make me very upset that sometimes this bizzarly long process that should last maximum 1 month not 6 months, is not allowing us to live normally and have basic freedom of movement that we all must have.

If you would simply go public about that case (not being able to attend a funeral of your father)I'm sure you will make an impact.However, i understand you probably don't want to do that until your case is resolved. But at least made UKBA clear how their lack of resources and time brought you a lot of grief which should not have happened! Something needs to happen to make UKBA change the way they are dealing with RC's

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 am

i totally agree with lanalondon1 , this is totally against basic human rights. :( I wish you get your RC soon so at least you can be with your family.
===================

happymonster
Newly Registered

Post by happymonster » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:06 am

So my timelines is as follows:
EEA2 application sent: 30/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 01/08/2012
COA: 15/10/2012 (Dated 10th October 2012)
RC: Still waiting ...

immigration officers came to our flat for flatemate , who i beleived done some illegal stuff . so they have broken the door like they do in movies . since we all sharing the same flat , we were all treated the same until they check our identification .
i was in my room with my wife when the police women ask for my id , then my wife gave her my coa and her french id . she asked few questions and ,she called and check with the home office <she said hopefully you will get a good news>
but unfortunately they said that a decision hasn't been made yet .
she just left the room asking us to stay in .and the other 5 officers were checking all the flat .they finally left after an hour , with my flatmate who is in Gatwick airport :(

Maarian
Newly Registered

Post by Maarian » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:20 am

I totally agree with you, I am also here because of my EU husband and his job. I feel so discriminated and undignified. I had job and money back in other countries and here now I became totally dependent to my husband, it is ok for him but not for me, I don't have right to work according to my COA and I can't find any job without those documents.
I hate this situation and it is totally unfair...
lannalondon1 wrote:Hi Carolms,

First, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. This shouldn't happen. I was in a similar situation last year when I had familly emergency and wasn't able to travel. However, UK must change the way they are dealing with residence card applications. And as long as no one is complaining or escalating to EU level, they can get out with doing this.

There is no way on Earth that would sit and do nothing if I wasn't able to travel home and be with my family in difficult times. If I were you I would explore Law, talk to lawyer, see if you could make an official complaint against UKBA before International Court, sue them, ask for compensation for not been able to attend a funeral of your father. On level of importance life and a family have a far more priority than living in this rainy country. And UKBA has to come to terms with the fact that not all of us are applying for RC because we want to live here and exploit the system. I don't event have a GP, I pay taxes,unreasonably high rents and go to private doctors, don't have right to resource on public funds and I don't need them. But I hate to be treated as if I am some kind of a refugee who would do everything to stay in the UK. I am staying here because of my partner, who is European and if UK prefers not to allow Europeans and their partners to live and work in the UK than that should simply leave EU! I am sorry if I am whining here but it does make me very upset that sometimes this bizzarly long process that should last maximum 1 month not 6 months, is not allowing us to live normally and have basic freedom of movement that we all must have.

If you would simply go public about that case (not being able to attend a funeral of your father)I'm sure you will make an impact.However, i understand you probably don't want to do that until your case is resolved. But at least made UKBA clear how their lack of resources and time brought you a lot of grief which should not have happened! Something needs to happen to make UKBA change the way they are dealing with RC's

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:45 pm

hi guys i am new here coming here from a long time even before we got married we took alot of advise from here by just looking around,but now i am in a really sticky situation i applied for a eea2 application i think application is quite strong i received my coa in like three days but in these days where i was working our manager got changed and now the new manager started asking about my old documents which were like three years old that your college is not replying to our emails and i told her that college is no more there its like three years old college(i changed three colleges in three years and all were sham colleges they all went down in the end i paid hell alot of money to them and i was going to my classes regularly)but she fired on the grounds that i gave her false documents now i don't have a job my wife is supporting me on full basis now(i don't feel good about it ) and its really depressing for me to see her working for me we are newly married and she is going through alot for me.every thing said now what can i do my student visa is expiring in march 2013 and my coa is in same month so now i don't have a job and i cant find one as well because they ask for more than 6 months visa left minimum what can i do now?is there any way to ask from HO to send my eea2 quick any thing please?

ahmad_785

my time line is

Post by ahmad_785 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 pm

eea2 application time line
app sent 4/10/2012
app received 5/10/2012
coa received 9/10/2012 dated(8/10/212)
rc......?????

coa with right to work
hmmmmm

i forgot my SIGNATURE :)

asamant18
- thin ice -

Post by asamant18 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:00 pm

is there any way to ask from HO to send my eea2 quick any thing please?[/quote]

I don't really think so..i just called the helpline number 0150 to ask for an update....the guy on the phone was really helpfull...but said to me to wait as he cannot disclose any information :( ...when asked is there n e way to speed up the process,he said that different teams have several cases to handle and depends on which team your case has been allotted....

so all i hope my case is in the hands of hardworking team and not that with lazy ones :P

newbieholland

Post by newbieholland » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:47 pm

asamant18 wrote:is there any way to ask from HO to send my eea2 quick any thing please?

I don't really think so..i just called the helpline number 0150 to ask for an update....the guy on the phone was really helpfull...but said to me to wait as he cannot disclose any information :( ...when asked is there n e way to speed up the process,he said that different teams have several cases to handle and depends on which team your case has been allotted....

so all i hope my case is in the hands of hardworking team and not that with lazy ones :P
Exactly the same thing with me. I called the 150 number and they informed they do not have access to the status of the application. "You will have to wait". Even though it is an emergency they dont want to help.

Dealing with UKBA is really a nightmare. Is there any specific day of the week that they send out the RC . Do people here tend to receive it on any specific day of the week ? ( I have seen lots of posts on Fridays). :lol: I guess that`s the last hope.

The standard email reply to ROD says "Please note that we are unable to give you estimates of when your documents will be returned."

wtf?
"The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining."

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:33 pm

newbieholland wrote:
asamant18 wrote:is there any way to ask from HO to send my eea2 quick any thing please?

Exactly the same thing with me. I called the 150 number and they informed they do not have access to the status of the application. "You will have to wait". Even though it is an emergency they dont want to help.

Dealing with UKBA is really a nightmare. Is there any specific day of the week that they send out the RC . Do people here tend to receive it on any specific day of the week ? ( I have seen lots of posts on Fridays). :lol: I guess that`s the last hope.

The standard email reply to ROD says "Please note that we are unable to give you estimates of when your documents will be returned."

wtf?
I have also noticed a trend, so you reckon they post the RC's out on Thursdays?
===================

newbieholland

Post by newbieholland » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:55 pm

craxy1102 wrote: I have also noticed a trend, so you reckon they post the RC's out on Thursdays?
I strongly feel they post the RC`s on Thursdays which is normally received on the Fridays by many of the members here. Well, we shall see when we receive our respective RCs.
"The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining."

diane

Post by diane » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Guys what trend are u referring to?them posting on thursdays u mean? U think all July app will know this thursday?
craxy1102 wrote:
newbieholland wrote:

wtf?
I have also noticed a trend, so you reckon they post the RC's out on Thursdays?

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:04 pm

no diane, I meant that whoever got their RCs, mostly reported recieving them on Friday, or Saturday, so I get the feeling that they allocate 1-2 days in the week to post out the stuff. Which can be Thursday or Friday.

Could be this Thursday...or next thursday...or the one after that...who knows! :)
===================

Carolms
Newly Registered

Post by Carolms » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Thank you so much for your advise! I will call them tomorrow otherwise I'm thinking about contacting a lawyer, i have the option of appliying for anitalian passport in february but i wanted to make things like they say...
Regards!!
Carol

lee333

Post by lee333 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:04 pm

[/quote]

I don't know how could they do that to people. I didn't even know that my husband already sent a request last 01.11.12 and what he received from automated response was 5 working days. Everything was messed up now. Our hotel for 1 day before travelling has been paid and parking space for 15 days. Shame really.[/quote]

Anyway still wishing luck to everybody here![/quote]

ghirleeh_lim,

Did you ever receive your passport back?

Amari2051
Newly Registered

Post by Amari2051 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:23 pm

I also requested for my Passport on the 1st of Nov and then another request on the 4th, and another on the 14th of Nov, and then another one on the 19th of Nov.

I called to chase it up yesterday and I was told all my requests are on the system and I was told it's up to the caseworker as to what they want to do.

After requesting my passport on the 14th, I received a reply from ROD saying that my request cannot be complete and that I have to write a letter to the Liverpool address, the customer service on the phone found it funny and strange, I guess they wrote that e-mail to me to stop me from repeating my request, because I've sent it over 6times.

She said I just have to wait to receive it, there's nothing the customer service can do to facilitate things.

HO needs a big haul, I guess they are just busy and overloaded at the moment.

lee333

Post by lee333 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:28 pm

Amari2051 wrote:I also requested for my Passport on the 1st of Nov and then another request on the 4th, and another on the 14th of Nov, and then another one on the 19th of Nov.

I called to chase it up yesterday and I was told all my requests are on the system and I was told it's up to the caseworker as to what they want to do.

After requesting my passport on the 14th, I received a reply from ROD saying that my request cannot be complete and that I have to write a letter to the Liverpool address, the customer service on the phone found it funny and strange, I guess they wrote that e-mail to me to stop me from repeating my request, because I've sent it over 6times.

She said I just have to wait to receive it, there's nothing the customer service can do to facilitate things.

HO needs a big haul, I guess they are just busy and overloaded at the moment.

Thanks for the update Amari2051,

I have now sent 8 requests and still nothing.

azdjani2012
Mood:

speachless

Post by azdjani2012 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:33 am

almost 4 months, come on UKBA for God sake try to understand we r humens so ur..

it still feel like wen i was 18 year old and waiting my college result am fail or pass.

applict : 29 july
COA : October
RC : :(

amie1231

Re: speachless

Post by amie1231 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:40 pm

I am a June applicant and no RC still after reminding them of my 6months goingto be up in less than 3 weeks.My EEA wife has even sent many messages and still nothing!!!This is the most annoying type of application waiting ever.We need our RC to work hard not like those in unnecessary benefits for ages so why don't they respect us and issue us in time.COA is bull sh** cus we can't even use it to travel and new employers watch our faces two times before they accept COA's.
5 and half good months of waiting??? This is really annoying!!!
azdjani2012 wrote:almost 4 months, come on UKBA for God sake try to understand we r humens so ur..

it still feel like wen i was 18 year old and waiting my college result am fail or pass.

applict : 29 july
COA : October
RC : :(
Last edited by amie1231 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi I am new to this site and I believe that your answers to my post will really help me out as i am in a state of confusion just now...

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:31 am

Hi amie1231, how did you send them a reminder that your 6 months were fast approaching?

It is now 129 days since my application, another week has passed. I am thinking if I don't get it in the next 2 weeks, I will have to send a reminder to them as well as I will be closing in on 5 months by that time.
===================

Kixmug

Post by Kixmug » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:16 am

Hi guys. I sent mine on the 30th may n still nothing!! 😁😁😁😁

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:29 am

Kixmug wrote:Hi guys. I sent mine on the 30th may n still nothing!! 😁😁😁😁
This is just crazy! Did you call them?
===================