ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) Success at PEO Glasgow

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssas
Newly Registered

SET (O) Success at PEO Glasgow

Post by ssas » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:19 pm

First of all thanks to this website for helping me out with some of the clarifications that I had before my application.
My application was based on HSMP + Tier 1. No. of applicants: Two including myself.
1. Appointment booked for 19/11/2012 @ 11:50.
2. Arrived at security at 11:15 and passing through it got everything back except mobile phones.
3. One of the security personal asked if this was my first time, which was the case, and led me to the window where I could get my ticket.
4. Gentleman at the window asked me to wait and gave me the ticket after about 5 minutes.
5. Was called at around 11:55.
6. I was asked for the following documents. While taking these documents I was also asked about any criminal convictions, my basis of application and number of days outside the UK in the last five years.
a. Application form
b. Passports
c. Photographs
d. Life in the UK test certificates
e. Evidence of 12 months earnings. In my case it was payslips, bank statements and employer letter since I receive payslips online. I was also asked if I am self-employed which was not the case.
f. Asked for cohabitation documents. I gave council tax letter, electoral registration document and a bank statement of the joint account. These documents did not cover two years.
g. I also offered him previous Tier 1 letter which he accepted. No photocopies were accepted.
7. I was asked to wait for 10-15 minutes.
8. Was called again after 5 minutes advising me that the application looks OK however, the biometric system was down and I had to wait.
9. Just before 15:00 lady came asking for current passports, which were returned to me when I was informed that my application is OK, so that the case worker can take decision.
10. Fortunately the system was up again around 15:15 and biometrics were taken.
11. Around 15:30 I was called again for returning the documents and checking our details for the biometric cards. Only one set of photos were kept.
We were fortunate enough to have biometrics taken on the same day as some of the morning applicants had to come again due system outrage.

SONAKSHI

HSMP letter

Post by SONAKSHI » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Congratulations ssas,
Seek your advice on a couple of questions. I donot have the HSMP letter or a copy of it, though I do have the TIER 1 extension letter. Secondly my absenses over the 5 year period is 190 days but not more than 90 days in any particular year. Further I have also received a Fixed Penalty Notice (CU80) with 3 points and £60 points for driving while using a mobile phone in September 2011. I pleaded guilty by post and did not need to attend the court. I will be applying just after 13 December. Do you forsee any problems. Did they ask anything specific on these issues. I also receive online statements. Would you also upload a copy of the employers letter.
Many thanks in advance for your help and congratulations once again.
Less is More

ssas
Newly Registered

Post by ssas » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:47 pm

A senior memeber shall be able to give expert advise however my opinion is as follows.

1) what i have seen that for straight forward cases they don't normally ask for that letter. However please do not forgot to put your reference no stated on your Tier 1 letter in section 1.10 of SET(O). As i said i offered them that letter as opposed to they asking from me.
2) Regarding 180 days the following link shall help.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... hlight=180
3) I am sorry you have to wait for some senior member to answer to this.

SONAKSHI

HSMP letter Missing + CU80

Post by SONAKSHI » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:48 am

Hi, could any senior member provide their view please.
Less is More