ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Success - UKBA was very helpful

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Heisgood

MN1 Success - UKBA was very helpful

Post by Heisgood » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Firstly, thanks be unto God who always gives us victory through Christ Jesus. This forum has been helpful to many including myself to which I am grateful. Here is my story and tiny contribution back to assist others.

After my success in ILR success last month I applied for kids British citizenship as they were both born here. I submitted their application on the 20th October along with their current passports. This was received by UKBA on the 23rd October and acknowledgement back to me on Nov 1.
Due to the fact that we are traveling around Christmas time and I had no certainty the application would be back in time (generally mn1 takes around 5-6weeks). I requested their passports back on the 28th Nov via email. Please note we requested the passports back but choose the option to have the application process to continue. I am not sure if this helped the application, but today a kind lady from the UKBA called my wife - (YES UKBA CALLED US) and indicated their BC have been approved and that the documents will be sent back forthwith via recorded delivery. She indicated the certificates should be with us next week. Well done UKBA thanks for the service and a courtesy call!

About the travel now – UKBA said we needed to contact the immigration at Gatwick regarding entry clearance with only BC certificate and using other nationality passport. Gatwick immigration told us we can travel with the kids BC certificates and use there other passport as a travel document as they are now UK citizens. I don't feel happy with that answer and can’t find any official guidance on this. To avoid any nasty surprises its three weeks to get their British passport using the NCS expedite option. ….. cutting it close I know but sunshine holidays is a must.

Application Submission details

Postal route (recorded delivery)
- Application under 1(3)
- MN1 application Forms
- Payment page, it is not the part of MN1 form rather it is a separate document
- There is a reference number at the start of the application asking about child HO reference. We left that blank.
- 2 Full birth certificates
- 2 passports of kids | (Child’s passport of entry to the United Kingdom as per guidance)
- Both parents COPIES of BRP cards and official letters | (I only sent copies as this is not clearly stated in guidance)
- Original Marriage certificate
- Two referees who know the kids
A friend - Minister of religion
A Friend - Therapist (As a professional)
- Basic covering letter with documents nicely organised
- Extra envelope self address and stamped to receive back documents in recorded delivery

Hope this is useful for someone. All the best.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: MN1 Success - UKBA was very helpful

Post by Jambo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Heisgood wrote:I don't feel happy with that answer and can’t find any official guidance on this. To avoid any nasty surprises its three weeks to get their British passport using the NCS expedite option.
I don't understand why you don't feel happy. Immigration can't stop a UK citizen entering the country if he can prove he is British and they stated exactly that.

BTW - fast track for child passport takes a week so should not be a problem getting one if you wish.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Jambo wrote:
Heisgood wrote:I don't feel happy with that answer and can’t find any official guidance on this. To avoid any nasty surprises its three weeks to get their British passport using the NCS expedite option.
I don't understand why you don't feel happy. Immigration can't stop a UK citizen entering the country if he can prove he is British and they stated exactly that.

BTW - fast track for child passport takes a week so should not be a problem getting one if you wish.
Jambo thanks for the reply and assurance. Is there a guidance document on that ?

For the last few years here I have seen immigration mess about people lives so much that I always try to be out of their way. In other words no story. Given the fast track is one week and a few extra bob I prefer to go down that route. Thanks again.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

amitc

MN1

Post by amitc » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi,

Congrates for your successful MN1 application. I am also preparing for my son’s application and like to know few things from you.

Have you attested your BRP copies by solicitor or sent without signed by anyone?
Can I use GP and one British friend as referee?
What did you write in 1.3 in application form? My son didn’t have ILR.:

1.3 Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. If the child’s parent is an
EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should ensure that they
qualify for permanent residence.
Child has indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Date granted-

Would you please give me the mail id to contact UKBA for MN1 application.

Thanks in advance, amit

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Heisgood wrote:Jambo thanks for the reply and assurance. Is there a guidance document on that ?
See right of abode. Although the Registration Certificate is not listed there, the procedure is similar.
For the last few years here I have seen immigration mess about people lives so much that I always try to be out of their way. In other words no story. Given the fast track is one week and a few extra bob I prefer to go down that route. Thanks again.
The big difference is that they are now British citizen. You will find the attitude of IO changes once you are British.

Heisgood

Re: MN1

Post by Heisgood » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:07 pm

amitc wrote:Hi,

Congrates for your successful MN1 application. I am also preparing for my son’s application and like to know few things from you.

Have you attested your BRP copies by solicitor or sent without signed by anyone?
Answers in blue - Sent copies of BRP and letter - no signatures, no solicitor

Can I use GP and one British friend as referee?

t[/quote] That should be fine as long as friend over 25 See guidiance below.

One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

What did you write in 1.3 in application form? My son didn’t have ILR.:

1.3 Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. If the child’s parent is an
EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should ensure that they
qualify for permanent residence.
Child has indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Date granted-
[/quote]
Left blank as my kids were born in the UK and none of 1.3 applied to me or them.

Would you please give me the mail id to contact UKBA for MN1 application.
[/quote]

I use this email address along with a standard form from their website to request document back due to urgent travel

RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Thanks in advance, amit[/quote]
Last edited by Heisgood on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:19 pm

Jambo wrote:
Heisgood wrote:Jambo thanks for the reply and assurance. Is there a guidance document on that ?
See right of abode. Although the Registration Certificate is not listed there, the procedure is similar.
The big difference is that they are now British citizen. You will find the attitude of IO changes once you are British.
Thanks Jambo. Interesting remark about IO change of attitude.... :)

gold_mk12
Newly Registered

Post by gold_mk12 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:14 pm

hi Heisgood, congratulation.and thanks for the useful information
i have to apply for my 2 kids when i get my ilr(don't know when ) but i just prepare now for my 2 kids .they were born here.
1. do you need to send the passport of children? it doesn't matter they over stayed?.i did not apply last extension for them !they r overstay now .but they have previous visa in their passport) or only birth certificate enough

2.you mention Payment page, it is not the part of MN1 form rather it is a separate document ? how can i find this? if you have any link

3.is this the fee for 2 kids at this year( may be until april 2013) Nationality Registration Multiple Minor Main ** £827

thanks in advance

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:51 pm

gold_mk12 wrote:hi Heisgood, congratulation.and thanks for the useful information
i have to apply for my 2 kids when i get my ilr(don't know when ) but i just prepare now for my 2 kids .they were born here.
If you are not sure when you are about to apply then keep checking the UKBA website for any changes to the forms, cost and application guidelines etc. Here is the link for the existing guidelines and forms.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... shcitizen/

1. do you need to send the passport of children? it doesn't matter they over stayed?.i did not apply last extension for them !they r overstay now .but they have previous visa in their passport) or only birth certificate enough

[/quote]
They were born here so overstaying is not an issue for their application under section 1(3) .The Birth paper is enough to send as proof of identity.

2.you mention Payment page, it is not the part of MN1 form rather it is a separate document ? how can i find this? if you have any link
Link to payment [/quote]

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... y-fees.pdf

3.is this the fee for 2 kids at this year( may be until april 2013) Nationality Registration Multiple Minor Main ** £827

[/quote]
Correct. Changes to the cost is anyone guess.

thanks in advance[/quote] YW

amitc

Cover letter

Post by amitc » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 am

Hi Heisgood,

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind to upload sample cover letter for MN1 application.

Regards, Amit

gold_mk12
Newly Registered

Post by gold_mk12 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:07 pm

HI Heisgood

thanks very much for your reply.
as your experience is it worth to use NCS or apply by post?
thanks again

Heisgood

Re: Cover letter

Post by Heisgood » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:59 pm

amitc wrote:Hi Heisgood,

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind to upload sample cover letter for MN1 application.

Regards, Amit
This is not mandatory, however I used this with postal application.

Your
Address
Town
Postcode
UK

(Date of application)

Re: Registration of (child name) and (child name 2) as British Citizens

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is a formal request for the registration of (child name) and (child name 2) as British citizens, under Section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

Both (child name) and (child name 2) were born in the UK and have lived here all their lives. They are of good character and apart from short holidays abroad for (child name), totaling less than (x-number) days throughout (his/her) lifetime, (aaaa-address), UK has been their home. We, their parents, have been granted settlement with Indefinite Leave to Remain on (date/ month/ year). It is on these grounds that we are requesting registration, according to the Home Office eligibility requirements for children born in the UK with parents becoming settled afterwards.

We have submitted the completed application form and the documents requested in the MN1 guidance notes. Additionally, we have submitted copies of our Biometric Residence Permits and Marriage certificate for further information.

Should you need further details, please do not hesitate to request these via our email addresses, (ccccc@sample) and (bbbbb@sample) phone (mob/ landline), or by post, using the above address.

Yours sincerely,

(Parents name)
Parents of (child name & child name 2)

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:12 pm

gold_mk12 wrote:HI Heisgood

thanks very much for your reply.
as your experience is it worth to use NCS or apply by post?
thanks again
Your choice really. I used post as NCS provided no real advantage as my case was straight forward.

amitc

cover letter

Post by amitc » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:37 pm

thanks heisgood for your reply. its really helpfull. now I m waiting for referees. my GP today refused to sign because in guideline GP is not mentioned. I will try now with school teacher.

Thanks again. amit

amitc

Referees

Post by amitc » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:57 am

Hi Heisgood, I am now having trouble with referees. GP refused me because it is not listed in UKBA guideline and they suggested to contact health visitor but no point contacting them because I never been to Health Visitor before and I have moved this address recently. So I went to my son’s school yesterday but they refused me as well because my son has just started school in September and they told me that referees should know the person for atleast 2 years. Anyone knows if there is any UKBA guideline regarding this. My son is only 3 yrs 8 months old and where can I find professional referees who knows him for 2 years? Please let me know if any other options for referees.

Thanks, Amit

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Heisgood wrote:
Jambo wrote:
Thanks Jambo. Interesting remark about IO change of attitude.... :)
Jambo thanks for your advice- Just to confirm I used the BC certificate on my recent travel back into the UK with other nationality passport for my son entry and this was no problem. In fact you are absolutely correct since my settlement and the kids BC UKBA attitude was totally different :)