ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final checks before PEO appointment, need advice please.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks Pier_piper, you have totally sold this to me :).

My HR is not that forthcoming, but I guess persistence is the answer to all problems.

Thanks for pointing me to the absence sheet, I will use it as well I guess.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi pied_piper; Did you speak with your bank for payments. I did ring (HSBC) but they said payment will be fine but they could not make any pre note for any future payments.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Good point Arifahmmed, I bank with Lloyds, and have to pay 2066 on the debit card, wondering if there will be problems. Anyone know what the daily transaction limit on the debit card is?
Challenges make life worth it!

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:32 pm

There might be withdraw limit using debit card on cash machine (usually £300) but not limit for uses.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:04 pm

arifahmmed wrote:Hi pied_piper; Did you speak with your bank for payments. I did ring (HSBC) but they said payment will be fine but they could not make any pre note for any future payments.
Ya just talked today with HSBC and they have given me the same reply. They have asked me to call them if there is some problem with the payment.

As a backup, I intend to talk to Natwest about the debit and credit card as well in case HSBC plays up on the appointment day.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi pied_piper: I have spoken to credit card lenders (post office and barclay card) and they are happy enough about the payment and made note on my account about the payment details.

However a quick question what you write on question 8 (give details ghen your finger prints were taken) page 38.
Regards

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Although it is prudent to look at and address all potential loose ends, in UKBA's view the Card payment issue is primarily with Credit cards.

This is the note on Page 2 bottom of Set O form
"Please note that when making large or multiple payments using your credit card, the anti fraud measures that banks operate sometimes stop the full payment being taken. This is because either the maximum limit on a single transaction, or the number of transactions allowed in a given period of time, has been exceeded. To prevent this you must ensure that you inform your bank of your intention to make large or multiple payments in advance so that your bank allows the full payment to be taken when you submit your application."
Same could apply for Debit cards as well. My bank said the same (previous post/ers) about pre-authorizations, however their "normal" practice is to phone customers and verify authenticity of transaction in case of suspected fraud in Debit card payments.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:20 pm

arifahmmed wrote: However a quick question what you write on question 8 (give details ghen your finger prints were taken) page 38.

Entry clearance post HSMP November 2007
Regards

SONAKSHI

Cover letter

Post by SONAKSHI » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:19 am

Hi pied_piper
Best of luck for you ILR. Please donot forget to share your documents- Cover letter, list of absences. etc.
Less is More

pied_piper

Re: Cover letter

Post by pied_piper » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:35 am

SONAKSHI wrote:Hi pied_piper
Best of luck for you ILR. Please donot forget to share your documents- Cover letter, list of absences. etc.
Thanks SONAKSHI, I will definitely share my experience here.

SONAKSHI

Cover Letter

Post by SONAKSHI » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi pied piper- Have you had the good new yet. Would you please share the cover letter please.
Less is More