ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Cardiff - ILR Approved, 321 days out of UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pqek

PEO Cardiff - ILR Approved, 321 days out of UK

Post by Pqek » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:57 pm

I would like to thank everybody that participates in this forum. I followed it up for more than 1 year. I'm very grateful to the people that encouraged me to apply for ILR rather than having an extension to my existing residence permit.

I had appointment in the Cardiff PEO last Friday 26th October for me and my family.

I originally arrived with my wife on 30th October 2007 on Work Permit Visa, Switch to Tier 2 Intra company 1 1/2 years later and got a further extension in May 2011 valid until November 2012.

I had a speeding ticket (SP30) dealt in magistrate court as I was on international driving license at the time. The issue here was my disclosure scotland had the fine endorsed but no information was held on the PNC database based on a SAR I requested at the police.

I also had 321 days out of country (258 for business purposes and 63 for holidays).

I used an immigration lawyer firm and a representative attended the appointment with us; I would say that's well money spent if your case is not straight forward; the way they setup our file, the covering letter and the letters they asked my company to produce, were just perfect to ensure the caseworker approved it without questioning anything.

I was also afraid of going to Cardiff; i wanted Croydon but couldn't get an appointment at the appropiate date, so just decided to go for it and got a very pleasant surprise. The PEO was very comfortable, not crowded and no questions asked. They let us go back to the hotel and 3 hours later my representative called to tell us the good news.

We have 2 kids born in the UK; we included the oldest one which is 4 years old just in case the ILR was not approved and we had to appeal; my youngest son is only 6 months and he does not have a passport yet so we skipped ILR for him and will now proceed to register both of them as British citizens.

Good luck to all of you, my advise is to do your homework, get proper advise but understand that at the end of the day you have the last say on how to submit your documentation.[/url]

SONAKSHI

Letter

Post by SONAKSHI » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Hi, Can you post the sanitised version of the company letter, in support of your absences.
Less is More

geriatrix

Re: ILR Approved 321 days out of UK and Criminal Conviction

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:55 pm

Pqek wrote:I had a speeding ticket (SP30) dealt in magistrate court as I was on international driving license at the time. The issue here was my disclosure scotland had the fine endorsed but no information
You never had a "criminal conviction", you only assume(d) that you have. You have a court issued FPN.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:04 am

sushdmehta wrote:
Pqek wrote:I had a speeding ticket (SP30) dealt in magistrate court as I was on international driving license at the time. The issue here was my disclosure scotland had the fine endorsed but no information
You never had a "criminal conviction", you only assume(d) that you have. You have a court issued FPN.
You are right Sushdmehta, I had so many sleepless nights over it. Only when I read so many similar cases on this forum I got encouraged to apply for ILR rather than waiting for the fine to be spent.

The part I never understood is why I got different results applying for a Disclosure scotland and a SAR of the PNC database. I got to understand that Home office checks are on the PNC anyway.

Pqek

Re: Letter

Post by Pqek » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:20 pm

SONAKSHI wrote:Hi, Can you post the sanitised version of the company letter, in support of your absences.

COMPANY HEADED PAPER
(showing UK address)

Home Office
UK Border Agency
Public Enquiry Office
General buildings,
Ground floor,
31-33 Newport Road,
Cardiff,
Wales
CF24 0AB

26th October 2012

Dear Sirs,

MR XXX – DOB: XXX– XXX NATIONAL

This letter is to confirm that Mr XXXX has been employed in the UK XXXX at our XXXX office since XXXX.. Mr XXXX is currently employed in the UK in the position of XXXXX and is a permanent employee of XXXX and his annual salary is UK SALARY.
Mr XXXX position within our organisation involves him having to frequently travel in order to oversee essential projects and XXXX global interests and I can confirm that Mr XXXXX business trips as listed on the attached schedule have been at the specific request of XXXXX and have been a necessary part of his role with our organisation. During this time Mr XXXXX remained on UK payroll and his primary place of employment has also been the UK
There is a continuing need for Mr XXXXX to remain in employment with XXXXX in the UK and we fully support his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

If you have any questions in connection with this matter, please call me on XXXX or by email at XXXXX

Yours faithfully

Human Resources

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:23 pm

I just got the Biometric cards for the three of us.
2 days after, this is really fast.

rose112012
Newly Registered

Post by rose112012 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:40 pm

Hello,

I am in similar situation like you. Would you kindly let me know in regards of your traffic offence:

* did you mention your traffic offence in the application form?
* did you just just tick yes and not detailing it in the form - but put the explanation on why you ticked yes in your application cover letter?

I have appointment soon and still do not know yet how the best thing to do this. My adviser says not to mention it in the form - but I'd like to mention this to UKBA in good faith....

Really appreciate your reply...

Many thanks

Rose.

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:47 pm

rose112012 wrote:Hello,

I am in similar situation like you. Would you kindly let me know in regards of your traffic offence:

* did you mention your traffic offence in the application form?
* did you just just tick yes and not detailing it in the form - but put the explanation on why you ticked yes in your application cover letter?

I have appointment soon and still do not know yet how the best thing to do this. My adviser says not to mention it in the form - but I'd like to mention this to UKBA in good faith....

Really appreciate your reply...

Many thanks

Rose.

I did mention the traffic offence in the application form and explained why I had it and also in my cover letter. The caseworker made emphasis on it actually, I also attached my SAR from the Police National computer. They said I should be ok but obviously they ran their own checks.

rose112012
Newly Registered

Post by rose112012 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:40 pm

Hello Pqek,

May I know what did the case worker make emphasis on it?

I really appreciate your help...

Many thanks

Rose.

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:06 pm

rose112012 wrote:Hello Pqek,

May I know what did the case worker make emphasis on it?

I really appreciate your help...

Many thanks

Rose.
The caseworker only asked me three questions, if I have been working for the same company which I have, if the pictures were less than a month old which I answered yes and if I had a criminal conviction, I answered that I had a fine for speeding driving on international driver's license on my first year of being in the UK.

She then insisted on a straight answer asking if I went to court. I said yes, but I also showed her the letter from the police stating no records are held on the Police National Computer. she relaxed and said it should be ok but they will do their own checks and took the rest of the documents and let me go back to wait to be called for my biometrics.

After that I left the PEO and was called 2 hours later giving me the good news.

Do you have a fine going thru court? Have you requested a SAR to the police?

rose112012
Newly Registered

Post by rose112012 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:24 pm

Hello Pqek,

Many thanks for your response, mine is excatly like yours. I've done Basic Disclosure Scotland which comes back clean but I am still waiting for my SAR result. Chances are I won't get my SAR until after my appointment so I won't be able to attach it in my application.

Would you mind sending me here/through private message the sanitised version of your explanation on your traffic offence?

I really appreciate your help.

Many thanks

Rose.

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:12 pm

hi there can u plz tell me how to do those check SAP and PCN thx and roughly how long will they take to reply. as im having 3 points on my licence around 4 years ago ? did not go to the court but was given on spot fine and had to surrender my licence to police station for points.

Also im having some doubt about any offence against me that is why i want to do those check.

Plz reply asap thx

anvini
Newly Registered

Re: PEO Cardiff - ILR Approved, 321 days out of UK

Post by anvini » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILR for myself and my family at Cardiff next month. My case is very similar to yours in terms of the timeline and also absences from UK. I have close to 200 absent days on business visit. Many of these visits, on my return, I had travelled through the IRIS facility at the airport and hence do not have the return immigration stamp on the passport.

Did you have the same issue? If yes, how did you work around it? Any tips, suggestions will be helpful.

Many thanks.

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 pm

pure desire wrote:hi there can u plz tell me how to do those check SAP and PCN thx and roughly how long will they take to reply. as im having 3 points on my licence around 4 years ago ? did not go to the court but was given on spot fine and had to surrender my licence to police station for points.

Also im having some doubt about any offence against me that is why i want to do those check.

Plz reply asap thx
You can apply for a SAR on your nearest police station, you just download the forms on the web and send it via post with a £10 cheque. Note you need to apply to your respective area police.

It took less than 2 weeks but any case is different. It could take up to 40 days.

Pqek

Re: PEO Cardiff - ILR Approved, 321 days out of UK

Post by Pqek » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:32 pm

anvini wrote:Hi,

I am applying for ILR for myself and my family at Cardiff next month. My case is very similar to yours in terms of the timeline and also absences from UK. I have close to 200 absent days on business visit. Many of these visits, on my return, I had travelled through the IRIS facility at the airport and hence do not have the return immigration stamp on the passport.

Did you have the same issue? If yes, how did you work around it? Any tips, suggestions will be helpful.

Many thanks.
I had all my stamps on my passport and since day 1 I have been tracking them for tax purposes. I had at least 40 different entry stamps into the UK in 4-5 different passports.

The key is making a spreadsheet as detailed as possible. My own included the passport number and the page to find the stamps. I know for a fact the caseworker did not follow the spreadsheet as it would have taken more than the 2 hours they spent on reviewing the whole case; but if it all makes sense then there is nothing to worry about.

Good luck

SONAKSHI

Cover letter

Post by SONAKSHI » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:42 am

Hi Pqek,

Would you be able to send a sanitised version of the cover letter. I am interested in the explanation of absences and the traffic offence.

Kind Regards
Less is More

SONAKSHI

Post by SONAKSHI » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi Pqek,

Would you be able to send a sanitised version of the cover letter. I am interested in the explanation of absences and the traffic offence.

Kind Regards
Less is More