ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Sheffield PEO - Earnings through Limited Company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kranthi15

ILR Success Sheffield PEO - Earnings through Limited Company

Post by kranthi15 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:31 pm

I am happy to join the ILR success Club...Welcome you ALL

ILR Granted for me and my wife on 29th November at Sheffield PEO.
I have been following this forum from 2007, i have gained enough knowledge and gathered all tips to book an appointment as well as documentation.. A Big thankQ to all members who post there experiences and reply to every question...Kudos to moderators :)

I saw many people coming with consultants(of course depends on individual case), but if your case is straight forward, i recommend to do it on your own..to know more about your case - forum is the best place.... Feel free to ask any questions..we got CHAMPS hanging around this site to answer every question.

Case worker sorted out my application in less than an hour time... very friendly and polite... whole staff members got loads of patience..so don't panic!

My application timeline:
HSMP EC on – 27th Dec 2007
Tier 1 – 11th Jan 2010

Please refer to my index if you think its of any use. Everything in one file (with 40 plastic pockets), a separate file for photocopy(don't forget to mention in reception that u got all xerox copies already, it will be handy for case worker and hand them over to case worker when he calls your number to say he will be your case worker and gonna look into your case).

Main Documents
No. Title
1 Covering Letter
2 Application Form, Passports and Resident permit
3 Life in the UK Pass Notification Letters
4 Accountant & Agent Letters
5 Dividend Vouchers
6 Salary Slips
7 Personal Bank Statements
8 Business Bank Statements

Additional Documents
9 Invoices
10 Last 5 years P60, National Insurance and Employment History
11 Company Registration Documents, Company Reg Doc would be enough after going through many forums i decided for few more just in case(VAT reg Doc, corporate TAX pay proof, VAT payment proofs)
12 Agent Contract
13 Home Office Correspondence
14 Degree Certificate

Cohabitation Documents(I got too many here, 6 docs should be OK! but who wants to take chance??) Don't need both names... if individual doc's with same address would be more than enough.

15 Personal Bank Statements of wife and myself(other than provided in main documents)
16 Council Tax Letters + Voting Poll card + Voters registration letter
17 Severn Trent Water bill or Electricity Bill
18 Tenancy Agreements
19 Marriage Certificate
20 NHS Registration
21 UK Driving Licence + Counterpart
22 Job offer and salary slips of wife with same address
23 NI, P60, Employment history of dependent

Wish you all GOOD LUCK.
Cheers

Anand_2012
Newly Registered

Post by Anand_2012 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi Kranthi,

Congratulations on getting your ILR.

Can you please let me know when you entered UK after getting EC.

I got my EC on 11-feb-2008(entry date 03-mar-2008), so I am planning to apply for ILR on 14-Jan-2013(28 days before EC date).

I am a bit concerned as some of the senior members are saying only entry date should be taken into account and not the EC date.

Thanks,
Anand

kranthi15

Post by kranthi15 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi Anand

ILR duration of 5 yrs calculated from the date visa stamped... as per new rule in july this year... ur duration between first stamp and entry will be included in ur duration of 5 yrs period as long as not more than 90 days.

My EC stamped on 27th Dec, I entered UK on 5th Feb 2008,after 37 days, went to PEO on 29th Nov 2012 considering duration from EC stamp date.. check link below... more over i got my ILR already so u can trust me..Good luck

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Cheers

beautifulstranger759
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR visa with income from a Limited company

Post by beautifulstranger759 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi Kumar,
Congratulations on getting ILR visa you have done it :), also thank you for sharing your experience.
I want to ask you couple of question if you can kindly answer.
I will be applying for ILR in Feb 2013 and am showing income from 2 different sources 1) As an employed person getting salary and 2) As the Director of Limited Company getting dividends.
I came to know that if there are more than one source of income as in my case than it is difficult to get ILR visa using same day visa service, as it might be referred to Sheffield PEO and will take longer.
Can you please guide me whether I should go for Same day visa service(SDS) or postal application as my intention is to apply using premium service but my only worry is they will not decide my ILR visa same day or it is not the case.
Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers
Gulshan

kranthi15

Post by kranthi15 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:10 pm

If you are talking about working for your own company as an employee then I was in the same case...

If you are employed by different company. . Then I suggest if u meet the points don't bother abt showing both earnings. .

Can you bit more clear abt two source? ?

Any way u do... u got option to explain case worker if he is not clear abt any thing... by premium service...
Cheers

beautifulstranger759
Newly Registered

Post by beautifulstranger759 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:26 pm

I will try to be more clear now.
I have income from 2 sources and by adding both I can get the required points.

1) I have established my company and as a director of that company I am getting Dividends (total of GBP 8,000).

2) I am working as a Finance Analyst in a media company and get monthly salary from it i.e. GBP 26,000 per year.

total is GBP 34,000 for the year.

My questions are:

1) Are you aware of any case which is similar to mine &

2) Will this be treated as a complex case and delayed for further inquiries or can be decided on same day.

thank you

kranthi15

Post by kranthi15 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Gulshan..
If you can provide p60 for salary job+personal bank statements and dividends vouchers from your accountant+business bank statements..along with ur corporation tax paid proof and if your company is VAT registered then add those payments as well.. then your case will be straight forward..
From limited company if you are director, you need to take director salary+dividend. . If you are partner or share holder then u get only dividends..
Get this clarity on accountant letter explaining your earning from limited company. .
More over looking at this case with my experience I say opt for PEO..If you can explain all this source of income on a covering letter that would be enough... pls feel free to ask any question.
Cheers
Kranthi
Cheers

beautifulstranger759
Newly Registered

Post by beautifulstranger759 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Thank you loads that is a comprehensive answer I appreciate it and will be back to bother you if I have any more questions :)

Take care

suhu

Post by suhu » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:09 am

Thanks Kumar, the information which you have shared is very much appreciated.

My case is similar to your's where I just work for my limited company. I have a question regarding the salary and dividends.

I withdraw a salary of 12k and I have dividends around 40k. As my salary is less than 20k mark will that be an issue ?

Do I need to increase my salary to upto 20k or is 12k sufficient ?

Thanks in advance
Suhu

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi kranthi15,

Can you please elaborate on content of the accountant letter? I am also a sole director of Limited company with 55% share holding and withdrawing salary + dividends. I know I need to take letter from accountant for salary and dividends.

Did you also take profit loss statement for claim period and certificate of shareholding?

Many thanks in advance.
Techie

kumarw399
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success Sheffield PEO - Earnings through Limited Com

Post by kumarw399 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi, Just a quick question, When you filled your application form did you choose employed or self employed, my case is same as yours and can you please share covering letter??

Many Thanks