ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Solihull on 30/11/12

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

somemightsay

ILR success at Solihull on 30/11/12

Post by somemightsay » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 pm

I was granted ILR at Solihull yesterday. I used my Visa debit card to pay the fee.

I'd like to thank everyone who assisted me in the process.

Here is my background.

HSMP: 28/12/07 - 28/12/09
Tier 1 (General): 28/12/09 - 28/12/12

I was worried about a few things for my application.

First, I entered the U.K. within 28 days of my entry clearance visa start date, and I didn't know whether I could apply 28 days before the expiration date of my current visa or the 5th anniversary of my date of entrance to the U.K. I applied 28 days before the expiration date of my current visa, and there were no problems.

Moreover, I had several missing entry and exit stamps in my passport. I brought as many flight booking confirmation emails as possible along with a letter from HR to confirm that I hadn't exceeded my annual leave entitlement and that I hadn't had any unpaid leave. Fortunately, the caseworker didn't question me at all about the missing stamps.

Lastly, I was concerned about whether I could claim points for my bachelor's degree even though I read on this forum that I shouldn't worry. I claimed the points, and there were no issues.

Here are the documents that I submitted:

12 months' worth of bank statements
12 payslips
LITUK test certificate
passports

After months of worrying, I don't feel like the stress is over yet. Now I'm worried that I won't receive my biometric residence permit! Most people have received theirs 2- 3 business days after their ILR appointment, so I expect to receive mine this Tuesday or Wednesday.

If you have any questions, then I'll be happy to answer them.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Congratulations somemightsay

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:05 pm

congratulations on your ILR. Would you elaborate your experience about the missing entry stamps as this might help someone else in future. Did this issue come up at all, did you mention this ?

No need to worry about BRP cards. The tough phase is over, whatever is left now is mostly red tape :)

somemightsay

Post by somemightsay » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi, pied_piper. The case worker just asked me if my absence sheet included all of my trips abroad. He did not ask me anything about my missing stamps. I did not mention them at all.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:49 pm

somemightsay wrote:Hi, pied_piper. The case worker just asked me if my absence sheet included all of my trips abroad. He did not ask me anything about my missing stamps. I did not mention them at all.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Just realised that we will come across the same issue while applying for BC :D

somemightsay

Post by somemightsay » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Now I know to start keeping my plane boarding passes and my Eurostar train tickets in case I apply for BC. I didn't have any of these for ILR.

SONAKSHI

Employers Letter

Post by SONAKSHI » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Congratulations. Did you absences exceed 180 days. I do not have entry stamps for many journeys as I used the IRIS services at Heathrow. Would you also please upload a sanitized version of the Employers letter.
Congratulations once again
Many thanks in advance for your assistance
Less is More

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 am

hi there first of all congrats on ur ur successful ILR application.

I have a question did u notice any problem with any applicant while u were in solihull as i have also booked ny appointment for Solihull but i heard few rumours that in there for few cases they r not replying the same day n telling ppl that they will reply them by post...

i would really appreciate if u share ur eye witness experience with us.....
and also can u plz give more details about the procedue there...

ru allowed to pay by credit card in solihull...or is it just debit card ?

Thx in advance

somemightsay

Post by somemightsay » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:44 pm

@SONAKSHI: I had fewer than 180 absences and no absence longer than 90 days. My employer letter states that I've been a permanent employee since 20XX, that I haven't exceeded my annual leave entitlement, and that I haven't had any unpaid or compassionate leave.

@pure desire: No, I did not notice any problems with applications. I paid by debit card, but the UKBA website states that you may use either credit or debit card at Solihull if you want to pay on the same day.

somemightsay

Post by somemightsay » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 pm

I just received my BRP. The courier just dropped the card through the letter box. He didn't even wait for me to open the door so that he could ask for my ID. So much for security! I'm so relieved that the stress is finally over.