ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Dependent when both parents have ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MAN1
Newly Registered

Child Dependent when both parents have ILR

Post by MAN1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi there,

me and my wife are due ILR in March 2013, and we had a new baby, our first one in October. We have not applied for his passport yet, but we have been told by a friend that once we have recieved ILR, then we could directly apply for his British Passport with out applying for his ILR, and even when we both have not been given British Citizenships. We mereley want to save money on this as it's around £675 odd for a dependent.

And plus my second question is that the would the new criminality thresholds include 3 points on Driving Licence, as I had them in April 2009 but paid the fine of £60 straight away. The points would be taken off in April 2013, but our ILR is in March 2013.

Please help. Much appreciated.

Thanks,

MAN1

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:56 pm

yes your friend is right. once you have your ILR then use form MN1 and register the baby as the british citizen and apply passport after you receive registration certificate.

re-second question, i do not think it will cause any issue as no court was involved and its an FPN.

Good luck.

Heisgood

Re: Child Dependent when both parents have ILR

Post by Heisgood » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:58 pm

MAN1 wrote:Hi there,

me and my wife are due ILR in March 2013, and we had a new baby, our first one in October. We have not applied for his passport yet, but we have been told by a friend that once we have recieved ILR, then we could directly apply for his British Passport with out applying for his ILR, and even when we both have not been given British Citizenships. We mereley want to save money on this as it's around £675 odd for a dependent.
Your friend is wrong the existing guidance provide no such assurance. You can avoid ilr, however you need to register your kid before he/she can become a british citizen. See link on this forum under children.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747

And plus my second question is that the would the new criminality thresholds include 3 points on Driving Licence, as I had them in April 2009 but paid the fine of £60 straight away. The points would be taken off in April 2013, but our ILR is in March 2013.

[/quote]
Keep your eyes on the changes that is about to be implemented, however this is a good thread to follow.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=74347

Thanks,

MAN1[/quote]
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

MAN1
Newly Registered

Post by MAN1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Heisgood wrote:

Your friend is wrong the existing guidance provide no such assurance. You can avoid ilr, however you need to register your kid before he/she can become a british citizen. See link on this forum under children.

Keep your eyes on the changes that is about to be implemented, however this is a good thread to follow.

Thanks,

MAN1[/quote][/quote]

Hi Heisgood,

Thanks, but I think your links contradict with you own answer.

If the child was born in the UK before one parent had ILR/PR, then once one parent is granted ILR, the child is entitled register as BC under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act irrespective of their immigration status.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61/section/1

MAN1

MAN1
Newly Registered

Post by MAN1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:37 pm

innocentdevil wrote:yes your friend is right. once you have your ILR then use form MN1 and register the baby as the british citizen and apply passport after you receive registration certificate.

re-second question, i do not think it will cause any issue as no court was involved and its an FPN.

Good luck.
Many thanks innocentdevil =)

MAN1

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 pm

MAN1 wrote:
Heisgood wrote:

Thanks,

MAN1
[/quote]

Hi Heisgood,

[/quote]
Not quite - Your statement states

"we have been told by a friend that once we have recieved ILR, then we could directly apply for his British Passport with out applying for his ILR"

Apologies for the confusion but your friend statement is missing a key step. As I stated you can avoid ILR, however you need to register/ apply for naturalisation (takes around 6 weeks and cost around 500 pounds)then once you have the certificate you can then apply for the british passport. I am speaking from personal experience.All the best.

If the child was born in the UK before one parent had ILR/PR, then once one parent is granted ILR, the child is entitled register as BC under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act irrespective of their immigration status.

MAN1[/quote]
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:27 pm

MAN1
Newly Registered

Post by MAN1 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Heisgood wrote:
MAN1 wrote:
Heisgood wrote:

Thanks,

MAN1

Hi Heisgood,

[/quote]
Not quite - Your statement states

"we have been told by a friend that once we have recieved ILR, then we could directly apply for his British Passport with out applying for his ILR"

Apologies for the confusion but your friend statement is missing a key step. As I stated you can avoid ILR, however you need to register/ apply for naturalisation (takes around 6 weeks and cost around 500 pounds)then once you have the certificate you can then apply for the british passport. I am speaking from personal experience.All the best.

MAN1[/quote][/quote]

Many thanks for clarification Heisgood =)

sergeybrin
Newly Registered

Post by sergeybrin » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:29 am

Your friend is right. when you have ILR then be used to form MN1 and save the baby of a British citizen passport and then apply for a registration certificate.