ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility for dependent wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Kaym

ILR eligibility for dependent wife

Post by Kaym » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:14 pm

I am applying for ILR in Jan 2013. I came to UK in Jan 2008 on Work Permit and then in Jan 2010, it got transferred to T2 ICT. My total absence from UK in last 5 yrs is 78 days.

My wife got Visa Entry Clearance on 28 Jun 2010, valid until 26 Jan 2011. She then actually joined me in UK on 14 Sep 2010. Then on 3-Nov-10 she got BRP LTR with me valid until 27 Jul 12 and then on 25-Jul-12, she again got BRP LTR with me valid until 26 Jan 14. So, her all visa extensions, were continuous along with my extensions as dependent to me.

However in 2011, she travelled between UK and India on quite a few occasions. So, she was out of UK for 172 days in 2011. In 2012, she was out of UK for 58 days. Since she joined me in UK on 14 Sep 2010, therefore she is in UK for more than 2 years, but in between had gone India.

The query is:-

1. Can I also apply for ILR for my dependent wife along with me ?
2. Does the dependent's absentism from UK counted ?

Thanks