ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR / Registration of child ..Confusion..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sambraganza
Newly Registered

ILR / Registration of child ..Confusion..

Post by sambraganza » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Hello,

My current Tier 1 Visa is expiring on 1 Jan, 2013 and we are applying for ILR using PEO appointment on 13th Dec. My child was born in UK and is my dependant so her visa is also expiring on 1st Jan, 2013.

As per FAQs on this, i need not apply for ILR for her and can straight away go for registration as british citizen using MN1 form.

There is a section in MN1 form asking for ILR visa details ( which obviously i will not have as i am not applying for her). I called up my council NCS service for enquiry and they said they need ILR on child's passport to process MN1. I believe this information was wrong???

Also considering i am applying for ILR on 13th Dec, will it be too late for submitting MN1 form before 1st Jan considering Christmas period and delievery of biometric card which is required as part of MN1 application for my child (else she will be over stayer and illegal???)

Can someone please guide?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:36 pm

This is my observation (and I could be wrong on my final analysis)

Form MN1 does not ask if the child has a valid leave (visa).

In case of UK born children who never had any passport or any visa, where would they stand? The NCS advice is incorrect.

If you feel your application is straightforward, your plan is in right course. But you will know that on 13th Dec itself, if you need to make alternate arrangement for your child, depending on the outcome of your ILR application.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Heisgood

Re: ILR / Registration of child ..Confusion..

Post by Heisgood » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:11 pm

sambraganza wrote:Hello,

My current Tier 1 Visa is expiring on 1 Jan, 2013 and we are applying for ILR using PEO appointment on 13th Dec. My child was born in UK and is my dependant so her visa is also expiring on 1st Jan, 2013.

As per FAQs on this, i need not apply for ILR for her and can straight away go for registration as british citizen using MN1 form.

There is a section in MN1 form asking for ILR visa details ( which obviously i will not have as i am not applying for her). I called up my council NCS service for enquiry and they said they need ILR on child's passport to process MN1. I believe this information was wrong???

Also considering i am applying for ILR on 13th Dec, will it be too late for submitting MN1 form before 1st Jan considering Christmas period and delievery of biometric card which is required as part of MN1 application for my child (else she will be over stayer and illegal???)

Can someone please guide?
Focus on getting the ILR. NCS is wrong full stop. In fact you can use the postal route for her application if you choose to. See my full experience on this link as I also answered questions similar to yours on the thread. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=119653
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |