ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker Dec 2012

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

minniepoe

Citizenship timeline tracker Dec 2012

Post by minniepoe » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 am

dub007 wrote:
dublinkhan wrote:hi every one

is anyone gat approval for feb2013?
Anyone know's the date for Feb 2013???????
Does anyone know this?

Mentalist101

Post by Mentalist101 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 am

minniepoe wrote:
dub007 wrote:
dublinkhan wrote:hi every one

is anyone gat approval for feb2013?
Anyone know's the date for Feb 2013???????
Does anyone know this?
It hasn't been decided yet apparently.... That's what my friend was told when she called to ask. :roll:

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Has anyone on the forum ever witnessed this?

Called INIS today to enquire about the next citizenship ceremony after December..

Was told the date is yet to be decided. So I requested to know if my fees, GNIB card and Passport photographs had been received? I sent it registered on NOV 9TH..

Can you imagine what the person on the line said to me? She has no records that my fees had been received.... Wow!!! what a system. I checked online on Tuesday the 13th of NOV and could see it was received on 12th NOV Monday. Unfortunately, i cant find my receipt now.. I just wonder how this department works?

dania

Post by dania » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Where is the promise that they will clear the backlog by the end of this year and it will be six months processing time ,as I can't see this happening me and some of the people I know r still waiting since years with no answer and when we contact them they say that they r waiting for Garda reports and they don't know how long it will take more ,is any body in same situation??? :(
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:11 pm

[quote="dania"]Where is the promise that they will clear the backlog by the end of this year and it will be six months processing time ,as I can't see this happening me and some of the people I know r still waiting since years with no answer and when we contact them they say that they r waiting for Garda reports and they don't know how long it will take more ,is any body in same situation??? :([/quote]

Hi Dania,

I know quite few people get the same answer since last year including myself. I spoke to someone couple of weeks ago, she did not even know when the Garda report was requested but she said it was some time in April.

An Irish guy went for his garda report for a reference required by my job and they told him back log is of 8 months and they will not entertain his request any sooner even he is Irish and requires it for Job.

So there you go.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 pm

As far as the 6 months promise , many applicants from March 2012 have got their naturalization approved and will be getting the naturalization cert this 13th Dec.

However many from 2010 are just waiting , the INIS has fulfilled their 6 months promise anyway :lol:

and how this INIS dept works is just a joke... they have no system or work ethics calling them is a waste of time , money and energy ...I have given up on this irish citizenship its a waste of my life

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:11 am

waiting2beirish wrote:As far as the 6 months promise , many applicants from March 2012 have got their naturalization approved and will be getting the naturalization cert this 13th Dec.

However many from 2010 are just waiting , the INIS has fulfilled their 6 months promise anyway :lol:

and how this INIS dept works is just a joke... they have no system or work ethics calling them is a waste of time , money and energy ...I have given up on this irish citizenship its a waste of my life
It breaks my heart when i hear you speak this way. We all know it is annoying seeing people that applied long after we did get approval and we are still waiting. Don't loose hope but keep the faith on. At least the present government has made things a lot easier for us and we ought to be grateful in a way for this.
I am sure very soon it will all be our turn..

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:53 am

minniepoe wrote:
waiting2beirish wrote:As far as the 6 months promise , many applicants from March 2012 have got their naturalization approved and will be getting the naturalization cert this 13th Dec.

It breaks my heart when i hear you speak this way. We all know it is annoying seeing people that applied long after we did get approval and we are still waiting. Don't loose hope but keep the faith on. At least the present government has made things a lot easier for us and we ought to be grateful in a way for this.
I am sure very soon it will all be our turn..
@minniepoe: thanks for your best wishes, I am surprised to hear someone say that they are grateful to this govt for the citizenship system.

I too hope that all who are waiting desperately from years have their naturalization approved soon, irrespective i get mine or not because I dont care anymore, have taken up a job in US and will be leaving this country for good in early next year. Now even if I get my naturalization approved I will not be willing to spend 950 euro as I am not going to need a irish passport...I will have to start the US green card process in 2013 8)

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:24 pm

waiting2beirish wrote: @minniepoe: thanks for your best wishes, I am surprised to hear someone say that they are grateful to this govt for the citizenship system.

I too hope that all who are waiting desperately from years have their naturalization approved soon, irrespective i get mine or not because I dont care anymore, have taken up a job in US and will be leaving this country for good in early next year. Now even if I get my naturalization approved I will not be willing to spend 950 euro as I am not going to need a irish passport...I will have to start the US green card process in 2013 8)
Good to know you have other plans on your plate. I am really happy for you.. and i wish you the very best in all you do. we all deserve to be happy.

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:11 pm

blessed_sinner wrote:
An Irish guy went for his garda report for a reference required by my job and they told him back log is of 8 months and they will not entertain his request any sooner even he is Irish and requires it for Job.

So there you go.
Thats not true, as i applied for myself for a full garda report and have received it withing 3 weeks.
If you actually download the application file for garda report, it says that under Data Protection act they need to respond and write back with all the information they have ( i think within 45days).

I would presume that would be pretty much the same report INIS are after.

Kind Regards

waiting2beirish

Received letter of approval for naturalization

Post by waiting2beirish » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:42 am

Today finally after loosing all hope and faith ..I have received the letter from INIS that the minster intends to grant me the certificate of naturalization .

The letter only asked to submit the 950 euro draft, photos and GNIB card. It does not mention a ceremony day or other details .

I would say the next ceremony will be in Jan or Feb 2013.

I hope others who are waiting should also receive their approval soon.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:45 am

Congratulations. Are you still intending on jumping ship as soon as you get your passport?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

NewIrish

Re: Received letter of approval for naturalization

Post by NewIrish » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:46 am

waiting2beirish wrote:Today finally after loosing all hope and faith ..I have received the letter from INIS that the minster intends to grant me the certificate of naturalization .

The letter only asked to submit the 950 euro draft, photos and GNIB card. It does not mention a ceremony day or other details .

Congratulations

It is good to see someone working getting approval...

Plz share your timeline details

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 am

Ben wrote:Congratulations. Are you still intending on jumping ship as soon as you get your passport?
I have to now ,As I have given my resignation at TCD (out of utter frustation) and have accepted the new job at MIT starting March 2013
Not waiting any more

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:51 am

Massachusetts Institute of Technology? Double congratulations!
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

waiting2beirish

Re: Received letter of approval for naturalization

Post by waiting2beirish » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:51 am

NewIrish wrote:
waiting2beirish wrote:Today finally after loosing all hope and faith ..I have received the letter from INIS that the minster intends to grant me the certificate of naturalization .

Congratulations

It is good to see someone working getting approval...

Plz share your timeline details
I had applied in Oct 2011, based on 5 year residency (work permit+Green card and stamp4)
Not waiting any more

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Ben wrote:Massachusetts Institute of Technology? Double congratulations!

Yes, got a Asst. Prof job at MIT , but now I will be sad to leave TCD and Dublin as I have been here for over 10 years ...had come to TCD as a student to do MD , then did a PhD and start working there.

Thanks for your best wishes, I must agree that I had used this forum to post sadistic and inflammatory comments as I just could not bear that someone (a nurse who's husband who never worked and only lived on social welfare) who had applied in Jan 2012 and got approval and cert in October 2012.

I could not digest the fact that how can some else who applied after me get the approval before me.

My best wishes are with all those who are waiting and I hope they get their approval letters soon.
Not waiting any more

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Congratulations to you wating2beirsh ,that means new batch of approvals are coming out, I have applied in oct 2011 ,still waiting. Does it make difference to ring citizenship office? Any suggestions?

seraph

Post by seraph » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:30 pm

nil
Last edited by seraph on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seraph

Post by seraph » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:34 pm

seraph wrote:Thanks for your best wishes, I must agree that I had used this forum to post sadistic and inflammatory comments as I just could not bear that someone (a nurse who's husband who never worked and only lived on social welfare) who had applied in Jan 2012 and got approval and cert in October 2012.
Hi waiting2beirish,
Could you please explain "How much your wife got from social welfare who never worked". If she never get anything from social welfare, how can a nurse's husband claim social welfare since he is on stamp-3 just as your wife. When you become upset, please don't write any stupid matters without knowing anything.

Muokti
Newly Registered

Post by Muokti » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Finger crossed many of us will hear a good news too! :)

Goldenpaul
Newly Registered

Received letter of approval yesterday

Post by Goldenpaul » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Both me and my wife received our letter yesterday that the mininster intends to grant our applications
and pay 950 euro and to submit GNIB card and 2 photos. no time of ceremony yet

Applied in july 2010 aknowledged letter in August 2010
on 5 year residency.

I wish everybody wating good news soon.

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:58 am

Thats good. Train is moving again.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:16 am

seraph wrote:
seraph wrote:Thanks for your best wishes, I must agree that I had used this forum to post sadistic and inflammatory comments as I just could not bear that someone (a nurse who's husband who never worked and only lived on social welfare) who had applied in Jan 2012 and got approval and cert in October 2012.
Hi waiting2beirish,
Could you please explain "How much your wife got from social welfare who never worked". If she never get anything from social welfare, how can a nurse's husband claim social welfare since he is on stamp-3 just as your wife. When you become upset, please don't write any stupid matters without knowing anything.
@seraph: for your kind information I don't talk stupid mind ur language. The filipino nurses husband had Stamp4 via Irish citizen children as his wife had been living here & working since a very long , so he could get sw . Anyway I am in no mood to argue with over smart idiots like you! I know why r u saying this bcos till some time back u were a stamp3 holder good for nothing , sit at home husband of a nurse (shadow).

Also my wife even if she would have been on stamp-4 would never need any social welfare bcos I earn beyond your wildest imagination ;)
Last edited by waiting2beirish on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Not waiting any more

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:27 am

robby1 wrote:Congratulations to you wating2beirsh ,that means new batch of approvals are coming out, I have applied in oct 2011 ,still waiting. Does it make difference to ring citizenship office? Any suggestions?
Thanks robby1, I would say try e-maling them (citizenshipinfo@justice.ie) I had sent an email few days back & was told my application was at advanced stage processing .

I hope you too will get the good news soon :)

Cheers
Not waiting any more