ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any age limit?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ruthie

Any age limit?

Post by ruthie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:12 pm

I'm currently holding an actively trading IT company and it is growing well. I am considering if my parents can invest in my company and thus come to UK via Tier 1(Entrepreneur) visa. Besides the English criteria and the proof of savings, is there any age limit on applicants at all? In this particular case, my dad is 65+ and my mom will soon be 60.

Another question is if there is any restriction on the two new positions created? Is hiring relatives gonna fulfill the requirements for visa extension? The position is genuine of course. Just both my husband and I currently work part-time for our company, though we take dividend only rather than go th6rough PAYE. We are thinking if we can be employed part-time by the company and get paid money as salary. Will they be refused extension just because we are relatives to the applicants?

Thanks!

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi Ruthie,

As per my understanding 2 new created job need to be fulfilled by the UK or EU settled person and as far as I know there is no age restriction either. As long as you fulfil the requirements and score 95 points I don't think that will be a problem.

but this is entirely my opinion so wait for experts advise.

regards

Rehan

lkonda
Newly Registered

Re: Any age limit?

Post by lkonda » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:05 pm

ruthie wrote:I'm currently holding an actively trading IT company and it is growing well. I am considering if my parents can invest in my company and thus come to UK via Tier 1(Entrepreneur) visa. Besides the English criteria and the proof of savings, is there any age limit on applicants at all? In this particular case, my dad is 65+ and my mom will soon be 60.

Another question is if there is any restriction on the two new positions created? Is hiring relatives gonna fulfill the requirements for visa extension? The position is genuine of course. Just both my husband and I currently work part-time for our company, though we take dividend only rather than go th6rough PAYE. We are thinking if we can be employed part-time by the company and get paid money as salary. Will they be refused extension just because we are relatives to the applicants?

Thanks!

There is no age restriction.

Relatives may fill the positions, as long as they are settled or in not under immigration control.

ruthie

Re: Any age limit?

Post by ruthie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks, rehan01 and lkonda. Glad to know there is no age limit. My husband has ILR and I am a British citizen, so should be qualified as 'settled' according to the rule.

If anyone knows more about hiring a relative for extension or in case of that, any extra proof is preferable to assure UKBA the positions are genuine, please share.