ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes from 13th DEC 2012 in Tier 1 Ent

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zamanam

Re: Tier 1 PSW switching to Entrepreneur visa from within th

Post by zamanam » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:01 pm

Thanks Afzal,

Reason for asking this question is changes suggest that after 13th Dec students can not switch within country into Tier 1 Entrepreneur with their own or third party funding of 50K/200k unless funding is from a specified source (registered venture capitalist firms, UK Government or Devolved Administration Departments, or listed seed funding competitions).

As student will be on PSW thats why I thought may be anyone of PSW can't switch to Entrepreneur either - but per your response it seems it is not the case. Anyone on PSW can switch to Entrepreneur without funding from specified sources and they can rely on own or TP funding.

But smehmood and you already replied that PSW can still switch to Entrepreneur visa with TP unlike student who need specified sources funding.

Thanks

medi
Newly Registered

Post by medi » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:21 am

hi everyone,

i was wondering if anyone could help me with the 200K investment..
is it possible to join a company already existing in the uk and holding over 200K in capital and claiming the money as my investment??

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:12 pm

medi wrote:hi everyone,

i was wondering if anyone could help me with the 200K investment..
is it possible to join a company already existing in the uk and holding over 200K in capital and claiming the money as my investment??
You need to show Fresh Investment as per immigration rules.

smehmood
BANNED

Re: Tier 1 PSW switching to Entrepreneur visa from within th

Post by smehmood » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:49 pm

zamanam wrote:Thanks Shaukat/smehmood

Its clear - By any chance you know if two members of entrepreneur team can apply at different time under two different policies/rules i.e. one member who is in the UK applies on 13th Dec from within the UK (which will come under current rules) and the other member of the entrepreneur team applies on 14th Dec from outside UK thus new rules should be applied on his application?

I don't know if this is possible but logic suggest it is possible as if two people applying from two different countries - time zone difference will allow a different date as well and if its different dates this may be different rules which will apply to their application.

Sorry if its not making sense...

Thanks again for your help.

Hi

You have asked a question which required a answer in detail.

Answer for your question is a simple NO.

I am sorry for such a short reply but this will allow me to reply on other posts as well.

Regards
Shaukat

James.Dunlop
Site Admin

Post by James.Dunlop » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi

A few points of clarification:

The Tier 1 Post study work category is closed to new applicants. Current Tier 4 students must apply directly for Tier 1 general or entrepreneur or investor (or Tier 2 general with employer sponsorship)

Until 12 December 2012, those on a Tier 4 visa can switch to Tier 1 (entrepreneur)
EITHER: by showing £200k (3rd party funds are ok)
OR: by showing £50k from an approved source such as registered VC firm, etc

From 13 December 2012, those on a Tier 4 visa can switch to Tier 1 (entrepreneur) only by showing £50k from an approved source such as registered VC firm, etc

ie After 13 December 2012, those on a Tier 4 visa relying on £200k of their own cash or from a 3rd party (such as a friend, or bank) which is not a VC firm etc, you must leave the UK and apply for entry clearance from abroad: switching within the UK ceases to be an option.

Those fortunate enough to have a Tier 1 post study work visa need only £50,000 which can be any source, but they will need to be working in a graduate level role.

I hope this helps

workpermit.com can assist with individual cases.

Kind regards

James
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Many Thanks for the details information James.

Much appreciated .

Regards

Rehan

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Thanks smehmood - if answer is no I don't need details! Thanks.

[b]Jmaes Dunlop[/b] - great thanks very clear now!! Well done. couple of queries:

1- POst 13 Dec, Tier 4 student can't switch to Tier 1 Entrepreneur from within the UK but can do so from outside UK - Can they apply immidiately after leaving UK i.e. say within a week or have to wait for some time.

2- Please also explain what is the meaning of showing £50k from an approved source such as registered VC firm, etc?

Does that mean - if say I have £50K as a student I'll invest in say VC and they will give me letter?

OR

it means I have some new ideas which is so innovative that they are willing to invest in my project.

I'm really sorry to ask so simple question which everyone seems to know here but even I googled it but can't find right answer!

Thanks

A
Last edited by zamanam on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:34 pm

It simply means if you are marketing manager your core business should be offering marketing solutions to the clients, similarly if you are an IT manager your core service to your customers should be any IT work which is above NQF level 4 e.g. Software development and you should be a developer, Software maintenance and you should be system analyst etc. Online computer shop selling PC parts will no longer work... this is just my understanding. Because expected here is client requirement and nature of your business both should be above NQF level 4.... please also wait for an experts advise...

Regards,
Solomon
Solomon

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Yes I agree with Solomondid,

thanks for the explanation its is a big help for all of us.... so I registered an IT company and I am director of company and also will be working as Web Developer so that is fine as per my understanding as both of business and level of occupation is NQF 4 above.

please advise

regards

Rehan

medi
Newly Registered

Post by medi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:26 am

thanks abdhriz,

but can i then just take a loan from the existing company and place it in a newly established company under my name. because otherwise it will be taxed at a high rate if just withdrawn from the account...is such a loan even possible???

really appreciate it if someone can shed some light on this..Thanks

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:04 pm

solomondid wrote:It simply means if you are marketing manager your core business should be offering marketing solutions to the clients, similarly if you are an IT manager your core service to your customers should be any IT work which is above NQF level 4 e.g. Software development and you should be a developer, Software maintenance and you should be system analyst etc. Online computer shop selling PC parts will no longer work... this is just my understanding. Because expected here is client requirement and nature of your business both should be above NQF level 4.... please also wait for an experts advise...

Regards,
Solomon
I endorse the comments of Solomon ID.

Humv

Post by Humv » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:51 am

James.Dunlop wrote:Hi

The Tier 1 Post study work category is closed to new applicants. Current Tier 4 students must apply directly for Tier 1 general or entrepreneur or investor (or Tier 2 general with employer sponsorship)

Until 12 December 2012, those on a Tier 4 visa can switch to Tier 1 (entrepreneur)

From 13 December 2012, those on a Tier 4 visa can switch to Tier 1 (entrepreneur) only by showing £50k from an approved source such as registered VC firm, etc

ie After 13 December 2012, those on a Tier 4 visa relying on £200k of their own cash or from a 3rd party (such as a friend, or bank) which is not a VC firm etc, you must leave the UK and apply for entry clearance from abroad: switching within the UK ceases to be an option.

Those fortunate enough to have a Tier 1 post study work visa need only £50,000 which can be any source, but they will need to be working in a graduate level role.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

James

Hi James,

a quick query,

I have applied for tier 1 entrepreneur 50k route in July this year.

My funds are in abroad. Its nearly 5 months now and I still havnt heard anything from ukba. I really need to use my funds now. I have asked my solicitor and he told me not to use it yet as it can be risky!

Please advice.

Thank you.

sriks

Post by sriks » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:26 pm

According to smehmood, it is safe to use your finds while application is in processing...(as his clients have recived visa after removing funds)

but to be safe, if you are using it for business purposes.. make sure there are invoices for the expenses...

Worst case wait for 1 more month.. and you can actually ask UKBA about the status of your application.

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:23 pm

Humv wrote:
James.Dunlop wrote:Hi

I hope this helps

Kind regards

James

Hi James,

a quick query,

I have applied for tier 1 entrepreneur 50k route in July this year.

My funds are in abroad. Its nearly 5 months now and I still havnt heard anything from ukba. I really need to use my funds now. I have asked my solicitor and he told me not to use it yet as it can be risky!

Please advice.

Thank you.
You can use the funds without any problem.

zamanam

POst 13 Dec - Anyone knows the answer

Post by zamanam » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Anyone knows the answer

POst 13 Dec, Tier 4 student can't switch to Tier 1 Entrepreneur from within the UK unless they have £50 from specified source. What is the meaning of showing £50k from an approved source such as registered VC firm, etc?

Does that mean - if say I have £50K as a student I'll invest in say VC and they will give me letter?

OR

it means I have some new ideas which is so innovative that they are willing to invest in my project.

Thanks

A

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:05 am

medi wrote:thanks abdhriz,

but can i then just take a loan from the existing company and place it in a newly established company under my name. because otherwise it will be taxed at a high rate if just withdrawn from the account...is such a loan even possible???

really appreciate it if someone can shed some light on this..Thanks
Yes, You can do that if you show funds in your account within UK

jaffacake
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post 13 December Query

Post by jaffacake » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi
CAN YOU HELP PLEASE ? Trying to find out info for a friend.

He is currently on Student visa

He has friend who is willing to advance him £200k for investment in bed and breakfast business

Under new rules - does he have to leave country to apply for entrepreneur visa. From what you say it seems to be YES but I wanted to check.

Thanks for the valuable information.

James.Dunlop
Site Admin

Post by James.Dunlop » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi

Your friend will have to leave the UK and apply from abroad unless they apply by 12th December 2012. Also check that the NVQ level 4 criteria are met

Kind regards

James
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: POst 13 Dec - Anyone knows the answer

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:31 pm

zamanam wrote:it means I have some new ideas which is so innovative that they are willing to invest in my project.

razi1234
- thin ice -

biomtrc

Post by razi1234 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:36 am

hi all,
i hv asked this question so many time,plz anyone who just sent his case to ukba ,,,,i hv applied on 19 november,,acknowlegment received 23 november,,,but still they have not debited their visa fee from my debit card ,and no bio metri letter,,,can any1 tell normly when they debt fee,,,i m tensed,thx
RAZI

lkonda
Newly Registered

Re: biomtrc

Post by lkonda » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:20 pm

razi1234 wrote:hi all,
i hv asked this question so many time,plz anyone who just sent his case to ukba ,,,,i hv applied on 19 november,,acknowlegment received 23 november,,,but still they have not debited their visa fee from my debit card ,and no bio metri letter,,,can any1 tell normly when they debt fee,,,i m tensed,thx

Just keep the money in your account until you get your approval letter and biometric card.

If still UKBA will have not charged, then you should give us all a treat :)

razi1234
- thin ice -

biowtrc

Post by razi1234 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:39 pm

hi.this is not joke bro.i hv nt gt my biomtric letter.they have nt debited my visa fee yet.any 1 can tel me that what could be the posible reasons for this.wot can i do plz
RAZI

sriks

Post by sriks » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:54 pm

have you tried calling the UKBA helping and asking the same question???

also try calling your bank to check if any transaction have been held due to Fraud Checks etc

razi1234
- thin ice -

biowtrc

Post by razi1234 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:19 pm

hi.this is not joke bro.i hv nt gt my biomtric letter.they have nt debited my visa fee yet.any 1 can tel me that what could be the posible reasons for this.wot can i do plz
RAZI

butt4all
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur From Pakistan

Post by butt4all » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:32 pm

HELLO
H R U FRIENDS
MY NAME IS ABDUR REHMAN BUTT
I WANT TO APPLY FOR VISA TIER 1 (ENTREPRENEUR)
EVERYTHING IS READY
THE THING I WANT TO KNOW WHAT LETTERS I HAVE TO PUT INTO FILE
AND ON WHICH FORMAT IT WILL BE .
1....I HAD £3100 STATEMENT ON MY NAME
2....ILETS 7.0
3....£200,000 OR 32500000 IN THIRDPARTY ACCOUNT

JUST I WANT THE LETTERS , OR FORMAT OF THE LETTERS WHICH HOME OFFICE REQUIRED .

IF ALL OF U CAN READ THIS PLS HELP ME TO COMPLETE MY APPLICATION

I HAVE NO IDEA WHO TO MAKE THE APPLICATION

CAN U CALL ME ON MY NUMBER OR TEXT ME I WILL CALL U .

MY NUMBER IS THIS 00923007777006

SO WE CAN DISCUS AND IF U HAVE LETTER IN YOUR COUMPUTER THEN EMAIL ME
MY EMAIL ID IS (BUTT4ALL@GMAIL.COM)

THANKS I AM WAITING

BEST REGARDS