ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jitu_2677

Re: new Biometrics invitation letter

Post by jitu_2677 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:32 am

dipmm2000d wrote:
jitu_2677 wrote:
TheDefib wrote:Hi all, I can't edit the skydrive sheet even though am logged onto hotmail.

I am number 197
application 17/10, ack letter 25/10,

Now: Bio inviation letter 5/12 (dated 01/12)
Bio will be done on 06/12

jitu_2677

Post by jitu_2677 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:35 am

liveinhope wrote:
dd202 wrote:
liveinhope wrote:Finally.........

A sigh of relief... today I received a call from my solicitor, asking me to collect the documents. I am so so grateful to everyone on this forum who shared their stories. If you are a silent observer, please come forward, tell the world your story, you just might give someone else hope....

I havent seen my family since 2006.. and I went through hell... I cant even describe..

Finally It paid off... I know some people are lucky they get theirs sooner than you do, but stop comparing yourselves with the others, have faith..
Good Luck everyone God bless you all...

Timeline-Someone please update

Applied 10/06/2012
Biometrics given 28/07/2012
BRP arrived 05/12/2012

Thanks again
Congrats liveinhope. Good to see that the UKBA have finally processed your application although it took them a while. Good news for you and your family. Enjoy your time now, you have earned the freedom :)
Thank you very much. Hope you all get yours soon too.

Can someone please update my timeline, thanks, I made a mistake, I applied in May not in June, so the application date is 10/05/2012.

Applied 10/05/2012
Biometrics Letter Arrived 27/07/2012
Biometrics given 28/07/2012
BRP arrived 05/12/2012

My case was a complicated one, well an easy one made complicated by the UKBA, so I had to use a lawyer spend a lot of money.

God Bless You All.
correction done and updated as well

jitu_2677

Post by jitu_2677 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:40 am

Congrats liveinhope.

Could you please share ur case as you mention it as complicated.

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Post by liveinhope » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:22 am

jitu_2677 wrote:Congrats liveinhope.

It's quite a long story, but I will post a brief history tonight.

shahshah

6 months over

Post by shahshah » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:19 am

today i rang ukba and requested to progress and status of my application as today its gone past 6 months.
they tolld me , no one has touch it yet so continue to wait. then i tolld her my situation that my brother has passed away. then she said i can request my ducument back but she told me that this mean u r withdrawing ur application. i said why i should withdraw my application after 6 months as tou have mention on website that u dealt 95% cases with in 6 months but then she said you are in 5% ...any way they said if i apply for expedite that then entirely upto the caseworker whether to return your application or to expitite the case.
anyway its waste of time and money to ring them....
Now i am waiting Reploy from our MP.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: 6 months over

Post by Hwima » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:14 pm

shahshah wrote:today i rang ukba and requested to progress and status of my application as today its gone past 6 months.
they tolld me , no one has touch it yet so continue to wait. then i tolld her my situation that my brother has passed away. then she said i can request my ducument back but she told me that this mean u r withdrawing ur application. i said why i should withdraw my application after 6 months as tou have mention on website that u dealt 95% cases with in 6 months but then she said you are in 5% ...any way they said if i apply for expedite that then entirely upto the caseworker whether to return your application or to expitite the case.
anyway its waste of time and money to ring them....
Now i am waiting Reploy from our MP.
I have never bothered calling them. It seems 99% of people who call think they are insensitive and very unhelpful. I also think figure is a lot less than the 95% they hope to process within six months at the moment, in fact the opposite is probably true.

aksi

Any July-August applicant waiting for BIO invite!

Post by aksi » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi,

I applied in August and still waiting for Bio invite. Just wondering if any one else from same period is also waiting.

I and my MP requested them unsuccessfully to fast the processing.

What to do as I see October applicants got bio invites, and they are lying that applications are processed in date order.

Please help.

TheDefib
Newly Registered

Re: new Biometrics invitation letter

Post by TheDefib » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:37 pm

jitu_2677 wrote:
TheDefib wrote:Hi all, I can't edit the skydrive sheet even though am logged onto hotmail.

I am number 197
application 17/10, ack letter 25/10,

Now: Bio inviation letter 5/12 (dated 01/12)
Bio will be done on 06/12

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Post by liveinhope » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:22 pm

liveinhope wrote:
jitu_2677 wrote:Congrats liveinhope.

It's quite a long story, but I will post a brief history tonight.
My 10 years was up in Sep 2011.

in 2010, My PSW ended. I applied for an extension to stay as a student. Now, this is when things get really bad. My application was rejected and the reason was, my credit card payment was rejected. BUT, on my credit card statement, the payment WAS taken. I was baffled. Phoned up my credit card company, they said there was no issue. I phoned up the UKBA and they asked me to return the application.
The real problem was, my university refused to allow me to study as I didnt have a valid visa, ALTHOUGH, they knew my application is being processed. I spoke to the University and UKBA , no one helped. In the end, the UKBA DECLINED my application and asked me to leave the country. I consulted a lawyer, and went to a tribunal , and the tribunal allowed my application. All this took more than a year, and I could only apply for ILR in May 2012.
There is a lot more to the story, but I wont bore you with that. I had sleepless nights, I cried so many tears, I felt suicidal at times. But I guess everything happens for a reason. I am glad I got the ILR in the end.

If there is anything you can learn from my experience, it would be , patience . Always have faith too, whatever your belief is., trust it to guide you, wholeheartedly.

Thanks again everyone. I wish you all luck.
This is my last post, at least for sometime. God bless you all !!

Degore2020
Newly Registered

Current Version of SET (O)

Post by Degore2020 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:12 am

Hello Guys i need your assistance please, i made an application in August 2012 under 10 years long residence ILR, i used the SET (O) version 07/2012 which am 120% sure that was the current version form for the application.

I just received my appliation back that i used old version of SET (O) form which is untrue, i have check UKBA website now and is even still the current version.

Went to see a lawyer and i used the right application form, someone is not doing his or her jo, after waiting for 16wks without biometrics.
Very imcompetent institution

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Set(O) 10y-ILR

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:45 am

Hi Degore2020,

Its sad to hear that some at the HO didn't do his/her job per properly. I would suggest that you send the same application back with a cover note explaining the situation and also a screen shot of UKBA website (first page of set(o) application form, with version 07/12 clearly visible). Do check with a solicitor before doing it.

And request that your application should be dealt from the original date of posting as it is an administrative error from their side.

I hope they haven't taken payment of you?

Best of Luck.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

aksi

Re: Current Version of SET (O)

Post by aksi » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:10 am

Degore2020 wrote:Hello Guys i need your assistance please, i made an application in August 2012 under 10 years long residence ILR, i used the SET (O) version 07/2012 which am 120% sure that was the current version form for the application.

I just received my appliation back that i used old version of SET (O) form which is untrue, i have check UKBA website now and is even still the current version.

Went to see a lawyer and i used the right application form, someone is not doing his or her jo, after waiting for 16wks without biometrics.
Very imcompetent institution
I applied in August as well and not received biometrics invite till. Contacted them unsuccessfully. Just wondering they are going to do same to me.

Are there any more August applicants waiting for biometrics? Please come forward.

Degore2020
Newly Registered

Using the correct form

Post by Degore2020 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:13 am

Thank you Spidery, the money was taken 17th August, they told me in the letter they are in process of refunding my money to me since my application is invalid because i used set (o) version 07/2012, I sent the application again yesterday with new payment and covering letter, I also attached my previous application form and highlighted the set (o) version 07/2012 from page 1-50...I hope I get my money soon and hope to hear from them.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:55 am

Did you speak to the guys at the Agency and confirmed the same with them?

This is hilarious...Heights of insanity..Shame on UKBA. Should be awarded the worst competent department in a country which claims to be the best in world apparently....I always thought the middle-east were the worst but UKBA has left almost every one behind....
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Degore2020
Newly Registered

Current Version of SET (O)

Post by Degore2020 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:53 am

Damanisshallo, I did spoke to UKBA and all they said we sorry, please submit the application again, you know what they take us fo granted and have no respect for us.

Hyper-PK

Re: Current Version of SET (O)

Post by Hyper-PK » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:20 am

Degore2020 wrote:Damanisshallo, I did spoke to UKBA and all they said we sorry, please submit the application again, you know what they take us fo granted and have no respect for us.
Hi sorry to hear about your application, as I also have heard from other forum that somone's application was also returned who had applied in september.
1) Did you use the right version of Application version 07/012 which show top right corner and also in footer of the page same date?
2) Have you given your BIO....?
3) and when you spoke to UKBA,,,Have they toled you that whether application would be given any priority or min consider from the original previouse date of submission?

Thanks

CK007
Newly Registered

ILR Approved!

Post by CK007 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:02 pm

After over 6 months of wait, the painful wait is over...

I got a call from my solicitor today, saying my ILR visa got approved!
I applied on May 30th, 2012.

This forum has been very helpful. Best of luck to all who's still waiting.. Just hold on and have faith, it will come..

natisanga

Good news may applicants

Post by natisanga » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Great news that end of May applicants are getting their passports back!!
Some hope for the rest of us...

Regarding the biometrics letter missing for some August applicants... i would recommend to call HO... try a couple of times until someone really looks in the system for you.

It depends who answers... just tell them that you think the letter may have been lost (given that you applied in August).. you only need to know if it has been sent already...
if you are in the system, most likely the letter is on its way or it was lost. ...
In my case, they were really quick in producing a second letter once they got my call...so it worked...but again it depends on who answers and their willingness to look into your case.
Dont say much about the application in general ( they will tell you it has not been 6 months!!), only mention the bio letter.

Best of luck to all. and lets keep praying. Nothing else we can do,

natisanga

Post by natisanga » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Just reading at some posts now, I see that i may take longer if you send extra documents your application (verifying all that)...did not know ...

I had some friends who applied before and they all sent a document proving residency for each year ( I did the same). Then another friend one year ago who did not send anything, was asked to submit more documents (proving residency). ... then again. you never know what it is best..

I guess each case is different and it depends who the case worker is....

Umm like FOrrest used to say ( the rubbish, I love it)...
life (like the HO case workers) is like a chocolate box, you never know which one you are going to get ....heehehe

Rensal

Re: Need information on entry stamps

Post by Rensal » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Shan77 wrote:I have two UK entry stamps missing (one in May 2003 and the other one is in March 2004) as the immigration officers at heathrow did not stamp the passport when I came back from home after visiting my family.

I have seen some other people had the same issue. With my application i mentioned the arrival and departure stamp dates from home country immigration authority to prove my exit and entry dates to UK. Would this be ok?

If other evidence is required then I can print online bank statements shoiwng transactions that I made to prove my presence in the UK at that time. Since I have already posted my application, should I print those and send to UKBA with a cover letter. Please advice as I am worried.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

does anyone have further updates on this?

i want to send my application this week but only worried about a missing stamp at Heathrow in Dec 2003.

Do i need to mention it or should i just complete what is asked - i e date left the UK and date entered the UK and let UKBA deal with it?

i am sending below documents, please add your thoughts?

1. old and current passport
2. LITUK certificate
3. 2 Photos

4. six month bank statements with saving accounts
5. six month payslips
6. my 2 degree certificates

should i write cover letter?

any other thoughts please.

many thanks

Rensal

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Rensal wrote:
Shan77 wrote:I have two UK entry stamps missing (one in May 2003 and the other one is in March 2004) as the immigration officers at heathrow did not stamp the passport when I came back from home after visiting my family.

I have seen some other people had the same issue. With my application i mentioned the arrival and departure stamp dates from home country immigration authority to prove my exit and entry dates to UK. Would this be ok?

If other evidence is required then I can print online bank statements shoiwng transactions that I made to prove my presence in the UK at that time. Since I have already posted my application, should I print those and send to UKBA with a cover letter. Please advice as I am worried.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

does anyone have further updates on this?

i want to send my application this week but only worried about a missing stamp at Heathrow in Dec 2003.

Do i need to mention it or should i just complete what is asked - i e date left the UK and date entered the UK and let UKBA deal with it?

i am sending below documents, please add your thoughts?

1. old and current passport
2. LITUK certificate
3. 2 Photos

4. six month bank statements with saving accounts
5. six month payslips
6. my 2 degree certificates

should i write cover letter?

any other thoughts please.

many thanks

Rensal
Hi Rensal,
I have submitted my college attendance letter covering that specific period and I have also noticed that some of forum members have submitted their GP letter in order to prove that they have resided in the UK throughout that period.
I have not seen anyone's visa being refused for that reason,i guess UKBA have other ways of checking our entry to the UK.

Rensal

Need information on entry stamps

Post by Rensal » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Thanks GraceofGod,

is it good idea to send a spreadsheet with details of each departure and arrival stamp?

OR best to give date left and entered and let UKBA check the stamps etc

thanks

R

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Rensal wrote:Thanks GraceofGod,

is it good idea to send a spreadsheet with details of each departure and arrival stamp?

OR best to give date left and entered and let UKBA check the stamps etc

thanks

R
Hi
you can fill the arrivals and departures date on the space provided on the form and you can also write the covering letter regarding the missing stamps asking them to see the arrivals and departures stamps from the destination country on the specific page of the passport.
if you have any other supporting documents you can send them as well.
I think UKBA will check everything from their part anyway.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Graceofgod wrote: you can also write the covering letter regarding the missing stamps asking them to see the arrivals and departures stamps from the destination country.
How can you justify the above statement? Not trying to pass negative vibes but, would the arrival & departure stamps at the home country specify which country you've come from or heading to?

Coz for Ex: the arrival & departure stamps would look similar for people travelling from Dubai to home country & UK to home country or vice versa...

I personally think the person in question should seek professional assistance
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Rensal

Missing stamps

Post by Rensal » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:37 pm

This is getting tricky :(

Anyone had any experience on this?