ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residential bank account after acquiring British Nationality

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

newc

Residential bank account after acquiring British Nationality

Post by newc » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:07 am

Hi,

I forgot to close the indian bank account after I acquired British nationality, what should I do? I am travelling to india on 20th Dec and do not have enought time to convert to NRO as they will take more than 15 working days. Has anyone been in this siutuation? Could the immigration officer at airport cause any problem?

Many thanks

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Not sure where your 15 days came from . Did ours in the branch with immediate effect
pennyless

newc

Post by newc » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:08 am

pennylessinindia wrote:Not sure where your 15 days came from . Did ours in the branch with immediate effect
Hi Thanks, Branch at where. We are in Newcastle and there is no ICICI branch in newcastle.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Your reply is confusing! and by mentioning Immigration officer in the question you have made it even more confusing!

is your question about an account in India that you want to convert to NRO
OR
an account in ICICI (which you are mentioning as account in 'Indian' bank) that you needs doing something.

if it is former then it does not take 15 days in India to covert account from normal SB to NRO. just happens immediately provided you produce required documents as per bank's requirement.

if it is latter then if your account is in UK then it does not needs converting after you acquiring British nationality. Though the bank has origins in India you still have UK bank account.

hope this helps!
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.