ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at Cardiff - as a Director of my own limited company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

durak
Newly Registered

Success at Cardiff - as a Director of my own limited company

Post by durak » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:35 pm

I recently received my Indefinite Leave to Remain from Cardiff PEO.

I did see before I went that they probably wouldn't be able to process me because I am a Director of my own limited company.

But here's why they managed to process me that day (took about 4 hours).

I was interviewed at the start in person. After going through my paperwork at a high level, said it was possible I may get a decision that day.

I had a copy of all invoices, all signed timesheets to end client, all contracts to agency, all business accounts, contact details for my line manager.

Plus the usual dividend vouches, business & personal bank accounts & letter from accountant.

What they needed to find was that I actually worked for an end client and made the money in this country. Due to the timesheets, company names etc, they were able to verify that the cash was earned and not just deposited in my business bank account. They did complain that a lot of people just show up with business and personal bank statements which they can't use to prove. Hence the additional checking required.

Granted on the day, 5 days later biometric card arrived.

BTW, Cardiff were a complete pleasure to deal with. Absolutely fantastic.