ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Possibility of British Passport without interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Possibility of British Passport without interview

Post by khalidmirza » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:36 am

We applied for first British passport (husband/wife/ and two children) on 29 Nov 2012. Documents of wife returned on 6th Dec but no interview letter. Children documents along with their British passport also returned same date. However husband documents returned on 7th Dec but no interview letter again.
On this forum I have checked that either return of documents and interview letter arrive together and in majority of cases interview letter is sent before the documents are returned. Even if documents are returned earlier, interview letter follows next day.
Has any valued member experienced such a scenario and is their any possibility to get passport without interview. After all they only do identity check and in case of a family it is generally proven identity when applications are submitted together. Your help and feedback will be appreciated

baldude

Re: Possibility of British Passport without interview

Post by baldude » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:20 am

khalidmirza wrote:We applied for first British passport (husband/wife/ and two children) on 29 Nov 2012. Documents of wife returned on 6th Dec but no interview letter. Children documents along with their British passport also returned same date. However husband documents returned on 7th Dec but no interview letter again.
On this forum I have checked that either return of documents and interview letter arrive together and in majority of cases interview letter is sent before the documents are returned. Even if documents are returned earlier, interview letter follows next day.
Has any valued member experienced such a scenario and is their any possibility to get passport without interview. After all they only do identity check and in case of a family it is generally proven identity when applications are submitted together. Your help and feedback will be appreciated
Hi Khalid,

interesting....my time lines are same as yours....applied for my first british PP on 30/11/2012 (a day after yours) through PO Check and send and i am yet to get any sort of correspondence from them. Stupidity led me to tick the secure return of documents option and paid £3 extra....that might be causing the delay in my case.

could you please update this thread with your pp status....much appreciated....thanks

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: Possibility of British Passport without interview

Post by khalidmirza » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:49 pm

baldude wrote:
khalidmirza wrote:We applied for first British passport (husband/wife/ and two children) on 29 Nov 2012. Documents of wife returned on 6th Dec but no interview letter. Children documents along with their British passport also returned same date. However husband documents returned on 7th Dec but no interview letter again.
Hi Khalid

interesting....my time lines are same as yours....applied for my first british PP on 30/11/2012 (a day after yours) through PO Check and send and i am yet to get any sort of correspondence from them. Stupidity led me to tick the secure return of documents option and paid £3 extra....that might be causing the delay in my case.

could you please update this thread with your pp status....much appreciated....thanks
Our case was check and send with secure option. If you check passport processing timeline topic, you will find experiences of many members. One member who applied on 30th Nov has got his interview date on 10th Dec and one case of 1st Dec also got 11th Dec interview. Looks like it is random and no sequence. Although here it could be in sequence as there are no checks required but probably IPS in different areas could be more busy. Relax and just wait. Good luck to you

baldude

Post by baldude » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Khalid,

i just contacted IPS on their help line (just gave my barcode no from PO form) and was told to prepare for interview and a letter was dispatched yesterday. Thanks for your updates and wish you good luck.

I just wanted to have the PP before christmas to enable a travel to Belgium. here i am hoping...