ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship and Traffic offence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SONAKSHI

Using Mobile phone while driving

Post by SONAKSHI » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:34 am

I have got 3 points on my licence in September 2011 for using mobile phone while driving. I paid the fine of £60 by credit card over the phone and surrendered my licence at a Police Station within 7 days. I received the licence back with a CU80 endorsement. I did not have to go to court. I will be applying for ILR this month at a PEO. Would it affect my ILR and BC.
Less is More

SONAKSHI

Post by SONAKSHI » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:09 pm

Senior members, your view please.Many thanks in advance.
Less is More

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Using Mobile phone while driving

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:13 pm

SONAKSHI wrote:I have got 3 points on my licence in September 2011 for using mobile phone while driving. I paid the fine of £60 by credit card over the phone and surrendered my licence at a Police Station within 7 days. I received the licence back with a CU80 endorsement. I did not have to go to court. I will be applying for ILR this month at a PEO. Would it affect my ILR and BC.
See above: the HO takes a hard stance on certain offences considered reckless: "Drink-driving offences, driving while uninsured or disqualified or driving whilst using a mobile phone are not minor offences" (Booklet AN; page 15). You will be entering the realm of caseworkers discretion - that cannot be reliably predicted. Since this seems to be an isolated FPN, chances are probably in your favour, but it is still a gamble.

P.S.: Please keep your questions in a single topic.

bluebird2011

Post by bluebird2011 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Sonakshi

Provided you paid the fine & surrendered the licence in time and did not challenge the FPN in court; you are all safe. There is no gamble involved and you'll get your ILR without any problem.

I was in a similar suituation as I had CU80 offence but paid my fine and surrendered my licence in time and got my ILR 6 months ago without any problem.

You won't even have any problem in your BC application. I have an email confirmation from UKBA that this offence will only be treated as FPN as long as not referred in court.

kasturi75

Post by kasturi75 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 pm

In this case, does Sonakshi need to declare the offence on ILR or/and BC application?

John50
Newly Registered

Citizenship and Traffic offence

Post by John50 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi Dear all,
I am planing to submit my application for British nationality after having ILR visa for more than 12-months.
I got 6 points on my provisional Licence for driving uninsured car against third party,due to lack of information, although I was driving under the supervision of a qualified driver. Police officer gave me conditional offer of Fixed Penalty Notice, for which I paid the relevant fine in due time.
Therefore, I am confused about it as some people say that one Fixed Penalty notice will not affect my application, while some people say it would affect my application as it is serious offence in spite of the fact that it is being issued by Police officer and I did not go to court in this regard.
So, can any one pls guide me in this regards.

Regards,