ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mirna

Post by mirna » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:51 am

hi all! Congrats rukia. We r waiting for more gd news. Gd luck all

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:40 am

Congratulations .. good luck for the rest ..

khus9201
Newly Registered

Post by khus9201 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Hello everyone, I would like to give you the good news that by the grace of Allah (s.w.t) [God], I and my family have been granted ILR. Today we have received our biometric cards with 'ILR' written on it.

For me it exactly took 6 months, I applied on 6 June 2012 and received the biometric dated 6 Dec 2012. I must say that it has been very difficult time for me and my family, but you have to be patient and pray to Allah (s.w.t), and everything will be fine.

Finally, I would thank all of you (especially Festronaut), that you provided me with a lot of support and advice through out this journey. I pray that all of you receive your ILR biometric card very soon, but remember you have to be patient. Next year in Dec 2013, I will be inshAllah (God willing) applying for British citizenship, hopefully might do another thread here next year, possibly with the same members. :D.

For now take care and goodbye:).

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:50 pm

Cangratulation khus9201
and thank`s for updated its very helpfull for rest of other`s who`s
already are waiting for decision from the home office.

Best wishies
Baby khyber

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:24 pm

congratulations ... all the best.

I think you are entitled to apply for citizenship in July-2013. As your ILR on paper starts from the time when the limited leave to remain runs out. This is what someone told me and this is something to look into. Please let us know if this is true.

Newly Registered

Congratulations

Post by 0818688 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Congrats on getting your ILR. one question: i was granted a limited leave to remain (5 years) in Dec 2007 and i applied for ILR in Nov 2012: if i get my ILR soon inshallah do i need to wait another year to apply for naturalization? as it states in its conditions that applicants must have a prior 5 years residency in the UK to qualify for naturalization! Do my 5 years count or do i have to have a year on ILR?

Regards

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:09 am

It clearly states you have to have one year on settlement (ILR) then you can apply, I looked into it on the ho website and found it written somewhere. I know the general rule says 5years but that is only if you were granted ILR from the start whether you were received the ILR through refugee application or any other route.

But I think the one year on ILR is counted from the time where the limited runs out, I.e in your case you will be eligible to apply in Dec 2013 no matter when it comes your ILR ( I hope it comes very soon though).

Newly Registered

Post by 0818688 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:13 am

Thanks a million, that was really helpful. We were on the hope that we could apply straight after receiving ILR.

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:18 am

Well, I don't think that is good thing to say. You possibly wanted me to say yes you can apply straight away after you get ilr, but that is not what I found out unfortunately otherwise I would love to hear that too.

All the best and good luck for you and for all of us.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

ILR Waiting

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:20 pm

hello doodoo2012 I hope you are well Could you tell me the pic about ilr status is granted is count from the date of your llr expiry or on the date of granted decision I am very confeused because from next year october
13 the home office changing citizenship law in movement if you have just
ESOL With citizenship course certificate is fine for citizenship but from
october 13 you need to have both Life in the uk test and ESOL B2 Level
then you qualifiy for natrulasaition as British citizen. This is very big problem for thouse who`s already waiting for ilr ex: if you are refuggee since september 2007 your llr expire in sep 2012 you ad applied for ilr on time but the decision is taking long and granted in dec 2012 what can you think the waiting time is count or not please don`t mind if my question is too long any repliy will be appreciated
than and best wishes :?:
babe khyber

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:56 pm

khus9201 wrote:Hello everyone, I would like to give you the good news that by the grace of Allah (s.w.t) [God], I and my family have been granted ILR. Today we have received our biometric cards with 'ILR' written on it.

For me it exactly took 6 months, I applied on 6 June 2012 and received the biometric dated 6 Dec 2012. I must say that it has been very difficult time for me and my family, but you have to be patient and pray to Allah (s.w.t), and everything will be fine.

Finally, I would thank all of you (especially Festronaut), that you provided me with a lot of support and advice through out this journey. I pray that all of you receive your ILR biometric card very soon, but remember you have to be patient. Next year in Dec 2013, I will be inshAllah (God willing) applying for British citizenship, hopefully might do another thread here next year, possibly with the same members. :D.

For now take care and goodbye:).
Good to see that you got it. I will count the days for me now :)

festronaut

Re: Congratulations

Post by festronaut » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:07 pm

0818688 wrote:Congrats on getting your ILR. one question: i was granted a limited leave to remain (5 years) in Dec 2007 and i applied for ILR in Nov 2012: if i get my ILR soon inshallah do i need to wait another year to apply for naturalization? as it states in its conditions that applicants must have a prior 5 years residency in the UK to qualify for naturalization! Do my 5 years count or do i have to have a year on ILR?

Regards
You MAY apply. If you have waited for the initial decision from HO or through courts for longer i.e., 15 months and you were later recognised as a Refugee. They call it as "Discretion to disregard immigration time restriction". You mar argue that you are qualified under this section. You should consult a solicitor to know whether your specific case would qualify.

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:27 pm

I am counting the days for me too :-)

[quote="festronaut"][quote="khus9201"]Hello everyone, I would like to give you the good news that by the grace of Allah (s.w.t) [God], I and my family have been granted ILR. Today we have received our biometric cards with 'ILR' written on it.

For now take care and goodbye:).[/quote]

Good to see that you got it. I will count the days for me now :)[/quote]

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Hi babe_khyber,

all good, cheers. hope you are well too.

I am not a legal expert but what I mentioned is what I heard from people. Ask around or for better consult a solicitor.

But logically, the ILR should start from the expiry of the limited no matter when the ILR issued.

I hope this helps and if you have info drop them here to share.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

ILR Waiting

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:17 pm

thanks for quick repliy doodoo2012
now i am satasfied hopefully we will be appliying before october 2013 if i we were lucky anyway again thanks and good luck
babe khyber

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:16 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:Hi babe_khyber,

I am not a legal expert but what I mentioned is what I heard from people. Ask around or for better consult a solicitor.

But logically, the ILR should start from the expiry of the limited no matter when the ILR issued.

I don't think that the ILR would start on the same day or the next day of the expiry of previous leave to remain. I think, it will start from the date of decision. If you guys want to apply for naturalisation before 1 year, consult an OISC advisor, whether your case qualifies for discretion to waive the one year residency requirement.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: set protection route prpssecing time

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:50 pm

festronaut wrote:

I don't think that the ILR would start on the same day or the next day of the expiry of previous leave to remain. I think, it will start from the date of decision. If you guys want to apply for naturalisation before 1 year, consult an OISC advisor, whether your case qualifies for discretion to waive the one year residency requirement.
thanks festronaut
I was searching since august 2012 to any immigration boards in the uk but didn`t hear about the ilr is start from the expiry that is why i am egree with you it start after the decision is made from the home office anyway again thanks for reply how abou you did you received it or still waiting
best wishes
babe khyber

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 pm

what is the waiting times called ? I mean from the time of LLR to ILR issue date? illegal resident? it has to be under something. For example my residency expired over 4 months ago, so what I am living under?

Also why did they back date my LLR when I received it? and not the ILR?

Obviously we need to seek legal help with this.

festronaut

Re: set protection route prpssecing time

Post by festronaut » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 am

babe_khyber wrote:
festronaut wrote:

thanks festronaut
I was searching since august 2012 to any immigration boards in the uk but didn`t hear about the ilr is start from the expiry that is why i am egree with you it start after the decision is made from the home office anyway again thanks for reply how abou you did you received it or still waiting
best wishes
babe khyber
Not yet.

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:50 am

doodoo2012 wrote:what is the waiting times called ? I mean from the time of LLR to ILR issue date? illegal resident? it has to be under something. For example my residency expired over 4 months ago, so what I am living under?

Also why did they back date my LLR when I received it? and not the ILR?

Obviously we need to seek legal help with this.
If someone has applied before his/her leave expires, e.g., say a student applies for ILR after 10 years of residency, he/she will be classified as a student until the decision is made. Similarly for refugees and other categories. This waiting period is classified as a 'qualifying period of legal residence' but will not be classified as 'Qualifying period without immigration restriction'.

I don't know how it was backdated. We need to know, how far it was backdated to know whether it was backdated at all. May be a typo error from UKBA.

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Typo error gave me LLR with 6 months backdated from the time the decision was made!! I am not sure how they work but that was a typo error I believe.

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:05 pm

I meant was not typo error I believe

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:03 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:I meant was not typo error I believe
May be it was specific to your case. Anyhow, I should say that this is the first time I know about backdating visa.

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:09 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:I meant was not typo error I believe
it seems that UKBA has backdated ILR in the past due to their mistake in the past (i.e., judgement against their decision to issue ILR for HSMP visa holders in 2011 etc). Your case may have fallen on similar judgemental issues that we are not aware of. I will be happy if we get the ilr backdated. But pretty sure that it is not going to happen.

rukia888

Post by rukia888 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi guys, congratulation on everyone who recieved their ILR
I know this is really stupid but Just one quick question please. Does anyone know which travel document should I apply for ? Because I wanna booked holiday but got abit confused on which one to apply for.

And if possible can I have the link to that please. Thank you very mucho -)