ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

diane

Post by diane » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:48 pm

What are they on about now? EEA represents countries of the EU isn't it?
MarksGrace wrote:I'm really confused now.... So I thought that if I have a valid residence card I can travel to Ireland without a visa... I emailed the irish embassy in london today but was told that that rule only applies IF the stamp on my passport says FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EU CITIZEN and since my stamp says FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA CITIZEN it's different???

does anyone have any idea about this... I posted on the Ireland thread but got 2 confusing replies.... :(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:00 pm

MarksGrace wrote:I'm really confused now.... So I thought that if I have a valid residence card I can travel to Ireland without a visa... I emailed the irish embassy in london today but was told that that rule only applies IF the stamp on my passport says FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EU CITIZEN and since my stamp says FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA CITIZEN it's different???

does anyone have any idea about this... I posted on the Ireland thread but got 2 confusing replies.... :(
It's the same. You misunderstood them. They are saying visa free travel is only possible if you have a Residence Card issued under the EEA regulations (which you do) and not a visa issued under other rules (such as a spouse visa of British citizen).

jshash
Newly Registered

Post by jshash » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:41 pm

I have been a regular reader of this forum for some months now and I have found the information quite helpful in securing my residence card.

Below is my timeline:

Im a non eea applicant and my wife is Hungarian:

I put together the application myself without a lawyer

Documentation sent (2 Valid passports for my wife and I; 2passport photos of myself; 1 marriage certificate; 3 wageslips for my wife and utility bills in joint names and a self addressed envelope)

EEA2 Application sent special delivery 14/09/2012
Received by UKBA 15/09/2012

COA (with permission to work) received 20/09/2012

Letter sent to UKBA to speed things up 16/10/2012 (No response)

Change of Address letter sent to UKBA 21/11/2012

RC received Sat 24th November with all docs returned to my new address!

Wish every applicant good luck in their application process!

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:26 pm

jshash wrote:I have been a regular reader of this forum for some months now and I have found the information quite helpful in securing my residence card.

Below is my timeline:

Documentation sent (2 Valid passports for my wife and I; 2passport photos of myself; 1 marriage certificate; 3 wageslips for my wife and utility bills in joint names and a self addressed envelope)

wao he received his rc in like less than 3 months congrats...
hmmmmm

i forgot my SIGNATURE :)

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:29 pm

jshash wrote:I have been a regular reader of this forum for some months now and I have found the information quite helpful in securing my residence card.

Below is my timeline:

and can you please tell us how you send your letter and where and what you wright in it...
hmmmmm

MarksGrace
Newly Registered

Post by MarksGrace » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Jambo wrote:

It's the same. You misunderstood them. They are saying visa free travel is only possible if you have a Residence Card issued under the EEA regulations (which you do) and not a visa issued under other rules (such as a spouse visa of British citizen).
This is the email that was sent to me by the Irish embassy in london:

londonvisaoffice@dfa.ie
12:50 PM (10 hours ago)

to me
EU Regulations specify that certain family members should be issued with a document called "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen"
Please see Article 10 of the Directive 38/2004 http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 123:EN:PDF
. . . . .
Irish Immigration Regulations classify "non-nationals who are family members of a Union citizen and holders of a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen”, as referred to in Article 10 of the Directive of 2004" as not requiring a visa to enter Ireland.
Please see link to SI 345 of 2011 http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ir ... nformation
. . . . .
Your residence card is called "Residence card of a family member of an EEA National", (not the same as a Union citizen and that is a matter for the UK Authorities); however an Immigration Officer may accept that the residence card issued to you has been issued pursuant to Article 10 of the EU Directive of 2004.

You are also free to apply for a visa which will be processed free of charge once the original marriage certificate and spouse’s original EU passport are submitted in support of the application.

Please see our website for how to apply, processing times, etc: http://www.embassyofireland.co.uk/home/ ... x?id=33732

Regards,

Visa Office,
Embassy of Ireland,
London.

We're driving to Ireland... Nevertheless I want to know if I need to apply for a visa or is my RC enough (as I thought that it should)... Thanks for all your help and patience you see I filed all of these things on my own without a solicitor so I'm trying to understand it...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:56 pm

MarksGrace wrote:This is the email that was sent to me by the Irish embassy in london:

londonvisaoffice@dfa.ie
12:50 PM (10 hours ago)

to me
EU Regulations specify that certain family members should be issued with a document called "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen"
Please see Article 10 of the Directive 38/2004 http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 123:EN:PDF
. . . . .
Irish Immigration Regulations classify "non-nationals who are family members of a Union citizen and holders of a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen”, as referred to in Article 10 of the Directive of 2004" as not requiring a visa to enter Ireland.
Please see link to SI 345 of 2011 http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ir ... nformation
. . . . .
Your residence card is called "Residence card of a family member of an EEA National", (not the same as a Union citizen and that is a matter for the UK Authorities); however an Immigration Officer may accept that the residence card issued to you has been issued pursuant to Article 10 of the EU Directive of 2004.

You are also free to apply for a visa which will be processed free of charge once the original marriage certificate and spouse’s original EU passport are submitted in support of the application.

Please see our website for how to apply, processing times, etc: http://www.embassyofireland.co.uk/home/ ... x?id=33732

Regards,

Visa Office,
Embassy of Ireland,
London.

We're driving to Ireland... Nevertheless I want to know if I need to apply for a visa or is my RC enough (as I thought that it should)... Thanks for all your help and patience you see I filed all of these things on my own without a solicitor so I'm trying to understand it...
Funny. So the Irish authorities are not recognising the UK RC because of the wording. Well, that's funny.

Carry your marriage certificate as a backup. You would probably not meet an immigration officer anyway and if you do, your RC and/or marriage certificate would do the trick.

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Hey guys,

So last night I drafted a letter for the UKBA to speed things up with my RC, but before I could post it out, luckily the postman came and he handed over my passport to me, with an RC.
I would like to thank everyone on this forum, who has had kind words to say and share their experience, you guys are absolutely the best, as you gave me hope in times of great stress.

In my attempt to give sth back to all of you guys, I would like to share my experience in detail with you.

My wife is a German national, doing a PhD, on scholarship.

I got married to my wife in the UK in November 2011. In January 2012 we applied for her EEA1 and within 2 weeks we got her EEA1 RC back.
We supplied her ID card, medical insurance, some bank statements and scholarship and university letters.

Then my wife had to leave for China and Taiwan on field work, so we decided to delay my EEA2 application, as we did not want complications, as she wasn't technically in the UK for 3 months or so.
When she came back, we had to move, so my EEA2 application got delayed again...but finally on the 22nd of July 2012, I made my EEA2 application.

I got the same medical insurance cover as my wife, my passport valid till 2014, my employment letter, our marriage certificate and some bank statements, and my wife's ID, her EEA1 residence card, her bank statements, her medical insurance (with the new address) and her university scholarship letters.

I would have thought that the process would be very quick as my wife already had a EEA1 residence card, but that was not the case.
I received my COA on the 16th of October 2012 with right to work, nearly 3 months after my application, I called them once during this time and sent one letter for the COA.

End of November, i gave them a call asking about my RC, and they asked me to wait a bit more as a decision had not been reached.
As I said, this morning I was about to post a letter out to them asking them to speed things up. It wasn't a stern letter, very polite but showing concern. I never needed to post out that letter as I received my RC in the post.
It is dated 28th November 2012, so I don't know what the passport was doing with the dispatch team for two weeks.

I recieved it via Special Delivery, although, they did not use the self addressed envelope I gave them at the time of my application. So I wasted all that time going to the royal mail website to see where I passport was, as that envelope was never posted out.
With due credit to the UKBA, I recieved the letter in a special delivery envelope and I think all the documents are complete.

I would like to wish everyone of you all the best, and my personal experience tells me that the people at the call centre cannot really help us.
I think snail mail or email is the best way to get your point across, people who are nearing 5 months need to send a letter out and put their concern across.
People who are less that 5 months, should sit tight and hope and pray. This is a very lengthy process, but if your case is legitt and your documents are complete, you will get your RC in due course.

Once again, I would like to thank everybody on this forum. All of you have been most kind.
My final timeline is as follows:

EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)
===================

sofia.d.c

Post by sofia.d.c » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Congrats, Craxy!! I do have a question for you though - what was the excess attached to your wife's CSI? I'm a student as well and have found a super cheap insurance that has a "rolling" excess of £1500 and I just want to make sure that I won't get turned down for it not being "comprehensive" enough. Even though the UKBA lays out no guidance for this.

diane

Post by diane » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Omg congratulations Craxy!after all this time! Can I ask which special delivery courier service did they use??

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:23 pm

sofia.d.c wrote:Congrats, Craxy!! I do have a question for you though - what was the excess attached to your wife's CSI? I'm a student as well and have found a super cheap insurance that has a "rolling" excess of £1500 and I just want to make sure that I won't get turned down for it not being "comprehensive" enough. Even though the UKBA lays out no guidance for this.
Hiya, i think 1500 should be enough. I believe my wife got one in the same range. Their definition of "comprehensive" is very fuzzy imo.

Hiya Diane, I think they sent it out via royal mail special delivery.
===================

diane

Post by diane » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Excellent news for all who have received their RC and you Craxy..you have been so active and really helpful in this forum. I really hope mine will come tomorrow or sat..please pray for me

craxy1102 wrote:
sofia.d.c wrote:Congrats, Craxy!! I do have a question for you though - what was the excess attached to your wife's CSI? I'm a student as well and have found a super cheap insurance that has a "rolling" excess of £1500 and I just want to make sure that I won't get turned down for it not being "comprehensive" enough. Even though the UKBA lays out no guidance for this.
Hiya, i think 1500 should be enough. I believe my wife got one in the same range. Their definition of "comprehensive" is very fuzzy imo.

Hiya Diane, I think they sent it out via royal mail special delivery.

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Congratulations craxy!!! So glad it finally came through for you. I hope you and your wife can relax and enjoy Christmas!
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

Yasf

Re: Rc

Post by Yasf » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:37 pm

EEA2 application sent: 2/07/2012
EEA2 Application recieved : 3/07/2012
COA:15/10/2012 date 11/10/2012
RC :recieved 12/12/2012
Last edited by Yasf on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amo2012

Post by Amo2012 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:57 pm

craxy1102 wrote:Hey guys,

So last night I drafted a letter for the UKBA to speed things up with my RC, but before I could post it out, luckily the postman came and he handed over my passport to me, with an RC.
I would like to thank everyone on this forum, who has had kind words to say and share their experience, you guys are absolutely the best, as you gave me hope in times of great stress.

In my attempt to give sth back to all of you guys, I would like to share my experience in detail with you.

My wife is a German national, doing a PhD, on scholarship.

I got married to my wife in the UK in November 2011. In January 2012 we applied for her EEA1 and within 2 weeks we got her EEA1 RC back.
We supplied her ID card, medical insurance, some bank statements and scholarship and university letters.

Then my wife had to leave for China and Taiwan on field work, so we decided to delay my EEA2 application, as we did not want complications, as she wasn't technically in the UK for 3 months or so.
When she came back, we had to move, so my EEA2 application got delayed again...but finally on the 22nd of July 2012, I made my EEA2 application.

I got the same medical insurance cover as my wife, my passport valid till 2014, my employment letter, our marriage certificate and some bank statements, and my wife's ID, her EEA1 residence card, her bank statements, her medical insurance (with the new address) and her university scholarship letters.

I would have thought that the process would be very quick as my wife already had a EEA1 residence card, but that was not the case.
I received my COA on the 16th of October 2012 with right to work, nearly 3 months after my application, I called them once during this time and sent one letter for the COA.

End of November, i gave them a call asking about my RC, and they asked me to wait a bit more as a decision had not been reached.
As I said, this morning I was about to post a letter out to them asking them to speed things up. It wasn't a stern letter, very polite but showing concern. I never needed to post out that letter as I received my RC in the post.
It is dated 28th November 2012, so I don't know what the passport was doing with the dispatch team for two weeks.

I recieved it via Special Delivery, although, they did not use the self addressed envelope I gave them at the time of my application. So I wasted all that time going to the royal mail website to see where I passport was, as that envelope was never posted out.
With due credit to the UKBA, I recieved the letter in a special delivery envelope and I think all the documents are complete.

I would like to wish everyone of you all the best, and my personal experience tells me that the people at the call centre cannot really help us.
I think snail mail or email is the best way to get your point across, people who are nearing 5 months need to send a letter out and put their concern across.
People who are less that 5 months, should sit tight and hope and pray. This is a very lengthy process, but if your case is legitt and your documents are complete, you will get your RC in due course.

Once again, I would like to thank everybody on this forum. All of you have been most kind.
My final timeline is as follows:

A good news for today...congratulations Craxy...thanks for sharing your case as well...have a good time

Amo2012

Post by Amo2012 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Yasf wrote:
Yasf wrote:my timelines is over 5 month maybe good news this week or next week
RC:12/12/2012
have you received the RC or not yet?

Yasf

Post by Yasf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:01 am

RC:received 12/12/2012

have you received the RC or not yet?[/quote]
Yes I received rc 12/12/2012

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:19 am

congrats to every one who received rcs in Dec and i think now July people are receiving
lets see when are we going to receive ours but a really heart warming congrats to all who received their rcs....
hmmmmm

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:54 am

go on diane, give us the good news!
===================

fahad346

Post by fahad346 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Just applied recently for EEA2 RC, idk how long will it take to get COA. If anyone also applied in Dec 2012 get in touch

Cheers

----Married App------

Timeline

EEA2 application sent: 11/12/12
EEA2 Application received : 12/12/2012
COA: waiting
RC Recieved : waiting

efimmike

Post by efimmike » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:26 pm

craxy1102 wrote:go on diane, give us the good news!
Congrats to all RC recipients, I called HO to enquire about my case and the lady told me a decision ve not been made. Very frustrating.

This is my time line;
Application sent: 9/7/12
Application received by ho:10/7/12
COA: 4/10/12 dated 2/10/12
RC: still waiting.
God's time is the best.

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:53 pm

any new news guys?
Friday is the most expected day when they will send RC so any one received any thing today??
fingers crossed...
hmmmmm

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:55 pm

fahad346 wrote:Just applied recently for EEA2 RC, idk how long will it take to get COA. If anyone also applied in Dec 2012 get in touch

Cheers

----Married App------

Timeline

i am thinking you will receive it in couple of days because the process of issuing coa is now really fast but you never know its ukba :(
hmmmmm

Amo2012

Post by Amo2012 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:04 am

anybody who applied in August and received RC in December so far...thanks.

fahad346

Post by fahad346 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:17 pm

ahmad_785 wrote:
fahad346 wrote:Just applied recently for EEA2 RC, idk how long will it take to get COA. If anyone also applied in Dec 2012 get in touch

Cheers

----Married App------

Timeline

i am thinking you will receive it in couple of days because the process of issuing coa is now really fast but you never know its ukba :(

Ohh yeah they sometimes take few days to post COA and sometime a decade :?

U applied on married basis ?