ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHANGE OF VISA CLASS

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Davis

CHANGE OF VISA CLASS

Post by Davis » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:00 pm

im on a student visa expires april 09... i have a fiancee, she is british citizen what are the chances of getting a residence visa FLR(M) but we are not married yet.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:26 pm

If you are not married how can you expect to get a spouse visa???
The answer is therefore - not a hope.

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:21 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:If you are not married how can you expect to get a spouse visa???
Ooohh.. that's a bit harsh, don't you think? :? He didn't mention anything about getting a spouse visa. He asked about FLR.

I wouldn't say that there's no hope Davis, for starters, do you guys live together?

I'm in exactly the same position, student visa valid until 2010, but have lived with my English partner since January 2007, so applying for FLR in January 09. :) It's not strictly a residence visa, but it would be based on your unmarried partner status - BUT, big but, you have to prove that you have lived together for at least 2 years.

I hope that helps! :)

Davis

Post by Davis » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:52 pm

hi,

we have been living together since may 2006 took out a mortgage in my name weve got couple of other things we bought separately what sort of documents is required for unmarried couple visa

thanks a lot

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:33 pm

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresi ... pe/flr(m)/

:)

You just need at least 6 documents showing joint accounts or individual accounts going to the same address for a period of at least 2 years. A mortgage together will definitely help!

Good luck :)

Davis

Post by Davis » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:24 pm

hey guys,

thanks a lot for your advice i greatly appreciate and value them. the link posted was also helpful and fully explanantory thanks.

thanks
davis.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:57 pm

lkpone wrote:
Frontier Mole wrote:If you are not married how can you expect to get a spouse visa???
Ooohh.. that's a bit harsh, don't you think? :? He didn't mention anything about getting a spouse visa. He asked about FLR.
He asked about FLR(M) - read the post!

Obviously forms are not your strong point completing a SET(O) instead of a FLR(M) for instance......

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:22 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
lkpone wrote:
He asked about FLR(M) - read the post!

Obviously forms are not your strong point completing a SET(O) instead of a FLR(M) for instance......
Excuse me?? Who on earth are you? Can you quit with the personal attacks, please?

I can read, believe it or not, and I know that form FLR(M) was mentioned and I have no idea what you're on about. That form is - and I quote from UKBA website - 'form FLR(M) to extend your permission to stay (leave to remain) in the United Kingdom as the husband, wife, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner of a permanent resident'.

What are you on about with SET(O)? Where is that even mentioned? That is a form for permanent residence, which is not applicable here.

This board is to help people, not shout at them, so may I suggest that you take your attitude elsewhere?

Davis

Post by Davis » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:53 pm

hi guys,

we finally decide to get married sometimes nexy year summer anyway, only one problem, we are gonna be away on vacation to the united states and plan getting married while away, will the marriage be valid in UK?

thanks for your help

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:43 pm

Marriage will be legal in the UK.
To get a spouse visa BOTH of you have to be over 21 at the time of application.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:35 pm

Davis good luck and congrats! I think there are some people on here with stinking attitude!
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

Johnson02
BANNED

Post by Johnson02 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:57 am

I wouldn't say that there's no hope Davis, for starters, do you guys live together?