ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for job in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chyneclicks
Newly Registered

applying for job in UK

Post by chyneclicks » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:10 pm

my friend has a contact in UK and hire for a job but I'm not sure about it so i need someone to educate me well on my security to apply on this agency to work in UK because they offer a student visa and work at the same time..is it possible to happened..please forum poster need your insight about this..

William Blake
Member of Standing

Re: applying for job in UK

Post by William Blake » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:12 pm

chyneclicks wrote:my friend has a contact in UK and hire for a job but I'm not sure about it so i need someone to educate me well on my security to apply on this agency to work in UK because they offer a student visa and work at the same time..is it possible to happened..please forum poster need your insight about this..

You should be very careful to check out the legitimacy of this agency and that it is not a people smuggling operation.

That said you do not actually need any agency to come to the UK to study. Generally speaking someone in the UK on a student visa is allowed to work part-time during term time and full time during holidays.

You do not need an agnecy for this. Well, atleast I can't see why. You can engage the UK immigration service directly. You can apply directly on your own. Since you have internet access why not research the rquirements yourself.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:25 am

If they are offering you a full-time job, then that is not legal, as you cannot work full-time on a student visa.

When you apply for a student visa, it is based on your study plans, not employment plans, and is dependent on you obtaining a place at a bona-fide educational establishment, who sponsors you for the visa. Any plans to seek employment should be incidental to your studying, so I don't think you should make any arrangements for employment before moving to the UK, since that seems to go against the whole point of coming to the UK as a student.

iamwhoever

Post by iamwhoever » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:39 am

I wouldn't use an agency. It would just cost you more money, and all the info you need can be found online.

As for work and study: The only way you can work full-time and study part-time is if you are training as a accountant. You would have to contact the ACCA or the Institute of Chartered Accounts in Scotland, Wales, . . . wherever you would be moving to. However, you must find an accountancy firm or practice to higher you first. They will usually pay your course and exemption fees. You would be working full-time and taking courses in the evening or on the weekends. Renewal of visa for a trainee accountant is based you continuing progress, meaning passing exams.

Basically, the only way you could work full-time is if it is required for your degree, certificate, or something like that, for instance residency for medical students. For an accountant, you must have 3 years experience and pass exams in order to become qualified. I have researched this in the UK briefly, so I know it's possible, but I am training in Ireland, so I don't know all the details for the UK.

If you are planning to just study full-time, then you may only work part-time, as people have previously mentioned.

Well, good luck!
Cheers!

thlmobile
Newly Registered

Post by thlmobile » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:12 am

u will get dependent visa. Both of u will get 2 yrs visa. Therefore ur status will be same as now and u both will apply together.

broken580
Newly Registered

Post by broken580 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:26 pm

his year. However anticipating this problem, I had decided to go in person to Croydon. The visa officer se