ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation query !! please help!!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UKMASTER
Newly Registered

Cohabitation query !! please help!!!!

Post by UKMASTER » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi Guys!!
Can we use the advertisement letters from banks , or letters which are not bills as proof of cohabitation???
Thanks in advance.

uiqbal

Post by uiqbal » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:46 pm

Yes, i am putting these three as my main evidence for cohab.

1. council tax for 3 years.
2. tenancy agreement for 3 years
3. bills.

It doesn't have to be both names on the letter, any billls with your name and any with your partner name will be sufficient but as mentioned the above three are the main ones.

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:52 pm

I sent my application two weeks ago. I included the following - and listed them on yellow paper, as Yellow Notes, for the convenience of the caseworker. Let's see.

Evidence of COHABITATION
Address: xxxxx

1. Letter of confirmation of cohabitation since 2009* from xxxxx Accommodation Services for Mr xxxxx (main applicant) and Mrs xxxxx (wife)
2. Letter of confirmation of cohabitation since 2009* from xxxxx ELECTORAL REGISTER for the couple
3. Letter of confirmation of cohabitation from xxxxx SCHOOL, for the couple
4. Letter from NHS addressed to the parents for daughter xxxxx's appointment for 24 Nov 2010
5. xxxxx BANK letter dated 4 Jan 2011, addressed to the main applicant
6. Letter from NHS dated 05 Jan 2011, bearing reference to wife having attended an appointment for daughter [in the previous month]
7. xxxxx BANK Statement for the main applicant for Apr 2011
8. Letter from xxxxx CITY COUNCIL SEN ASSESSMENT SERVICES addressed to the couple, dated 17 Jun 2011
9. Letter from NHS addressed to wife, dated 09 Nov 2011
10. Letter from xxxxx SCHOOL dated 12 Jan 2012, addressed to the couple
11. xxxxx COUNCIL TAX BILLS for the year 2010/11 AND 2011/12 addressed to the main applicant
12. xxxxx COUNCIL TAX BILLS for the year 2012/13 addressed to the couple
13. Statement of Account** from xxxxx REVENUES addressed to wife for the period of tenancy at the above address from May 2009 – Sep 2012
14. xxxxx CARD letter dated Oct 2012, addressed to wife
15. Please also refer to xxxxx BANK Statements for 2011-12 addressed to the main applicant, presented in the “Evidence of Previous Earnings“ section of this application

* My wife joined me in the UK on xxxxx 2009. The tenancy contract with the xxxxx is in my name only, and is inclusive of all utility bills. As such, only a letter from my landlord can be presented. xxxxx confirm the start date of our cohabitation, which includes confirmation of cohabitation for the UKBA required period of the two years prior to this application being made.
Please also see the attached email correspondence with xxxxx.

** Please see reverse of the xxxxx REVENUES Statement of Account cover page to confirm wife’s address during the 2010-2012 Council Tax periods.

xxxxxx
SIGNED

All these because as explained in the footnotes above. They can choose whichever they want. If even these are deemed insufficient or inappropriate, I can only invite the CW to come and live with us to see for themselves :-P or I pack up and go elsewhere...

Anyway, while I hope the above helps, I cannot give assurance about the success of the same as I am now in the Long Wait & See Queue...

crazyvish

Post by crazyvish » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Why 3 years? I thought a maximum of 2 years would suffice? I am going next week with 2yr documents only - for cohab.

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Because my accommodation contract and kids' school joining dates date back to three years... so how can I have them write for two years. It just feels ridiculous to me.

I had the school executive head (# 3 on the list above) write:

...We've been in correspondence with Mr xxxxx and Mrs xxxxx, xxxxx's parents, at the above address since at least November 2010...

So if they like it, and the other ones, fine. If not, can't do any better under my circumstances...

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:40 am

1400 Years wrote:I sent my application two weeks ago. I included the following - and listed them on yellow paper, as Yellow Notes, for the convenience of the caseworker. Let's see.

Evidence of COHABITATION
Address: xxxxx

1. Letter of confirmation of cohabitation since 2009* from xxxxx Accommodation Services for Mr xxxxx (main applicant) and Mrs xxxxx (wife)
2. Letter of confirmation of cohabitation since 2009* from xxxxx ELECTORAL REGISTER for the couple
3. Letter of confirmation of cohabitation from xxxxx SCHOOL, for the couple
4. Letter from NHS addressed to the parents for daughter xxxxx's appointment for 24 Nov 2010
5. xxxxx BANK letter dated 4 Jan 2011, addressed to the main applicant
6. Letter from NHS dated 05 Jan 2011, bearing reference to wife having attended an appointment for daughter [in the previous month]
7. xxxxx BANK Statement for the main applicant for Apr 2011
8. Letter from xxxxx CITY COUNCIL SEN ASSESSMENT SERVICES addressed to the couple, dated 17 Jun 2011
9. Letter from NHS addressed to wife, dated 09 Nov 2011
10. Letter from xxxxx SCHOOL dated 12 Jan 2012, addressed to the couple
11. xxxxx COUNCIL TAX BILLS for the year 2010/11 AND 2011/12 addressed to the main applicant
12. xxxxx COUNCIL TAX BILLS for the year 2012/13 addressed to the couple
13. Statement of Account** from xxxxx REVENUES addressed to wife for the period of tenancy at the above address from May 2009 – Sep 2012
14. xxxxx CARD letter dated Oct 2012, addressed to wife
15. Please also refer to xxxxx BANK Statements for 2011-12 addressed to the main applicant, presented in the “Evidence of Previous Earnings“ section of this application

* My wife joined me in the UK on xxxxx 2009. The tenancy contract with the xxxxx is in my name only, and is inclusive of all utility bills. As such, only a letter from my landlord can be presented. xxxxx confirm the start date of our cohabitation, which includes confirmation of cohabitation for the UKBA required period of the two years prior to this application being made.
Please also see the attached email correspondence with xxxxx.

** Please see reverse of the xxxxx REVENUES Statement of Account cover page to confirm wife’s address during the 2010-2012 Council Tax periods.

xxxxxx
SIGNED

All these because as explained in the footnotes above. They can choose whichever they want. If even these are deemed insufficient or inappropriate, I can only invite the CW to come and live with us to see for themselves :-P or I pack up and go elsewhere...

Anyway, while I hope the above helps, I cannot give assurance about the success of the same as I am now in the Long Wait & See Queue...
Did you really send 15 documents to prove your cohabitation :o

Nothing wrong, but I can see CW getting annoyed with overkill of evidence...
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*

akash08

Post by akash08 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi all,

First thing is council tax bill. If you have that in joint name - that is it. Most CW will not ask anything beyond and in my case, they asked for one more proof and I gave an water bill in joint name.

Now I have to meet my friend who told me they need 2 proofs for each querter for the last 2 years and wasted my time!!

Ilrdueinjan
Newly Registered

khk

Post by Ilrdueinjan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:58 am

Thanks
Last edited by Ilrdueinjan on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Council bill

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Ilrdueinjan wrote:What if we dnt have concil tax bill apart from this we have got everything, Gas, electric,water, tenancy agreement ,virgin media, nhs letter other bankstmnts. Will this b a problem

Thanks
In that case be prepared to answer why you don't have council tax bills, if asked. Rest is ok.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.