ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Davis

URGENT

Post by Davis » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:38 pm

i have changed my institution from college to University and course from ACCA to BSc Accounting in 2007, but the HO did not acknowledge my letter. can i resend another. are these level suitable for change of course?..came here 3 years ago, i'll be extending for the first time in april 09'.

thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:22 am

Re-send the details by recorded delivery if you did not do so in the first place.

As long as your attendance and progress was ok at the college there will not be a problem. The general view is college is below university so it will appear that you are moving up the educational ladder. In fairness to those that are studying ACCA it is harder to pass that than a BSc Accounting course.

Davis

Post by Davis » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:48 am

thank you for your reply, greatly appreciated, the issue is my attendance was 100% at the former college but my progression was bad for the first year of study, i failed the ACCA Foundation stage twice and i figured out the course was not for me, so i changed from college to university and course as well to accounting, at the moment i have a first class result studying Bsc Accounting in year 2, would there be a problem concerning my past performance since ACCA was the basis my student entry clearance was initially granted .

thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:42 pm

Given the recent ruling about changing courses I would not be worried about what you have done. There could be a question as to your inability to progress in ACCA however you have moved on and by all accounts ( :lol: ) you are progressing well in the new course. I think you should be ok when you renew.

Davis

Post by Davis » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:55 pm

thanks a lot. im i allowed to change my sponsorship, or combine two new sponsors differently when i renew, i now have a full scholarship.

thanks.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:07 pm

You can do what you like as long as it meets the rules. Treat the renewal as a fresh visa application because that is what it is. The fact you are in country gives you a better chance of sucess as long as you still meet the requirements.

Johnson02
BANNED

Post by Johnson02 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:42 am

Going home and applying will not get you anywhere other than another refusal. If you want to stay on in the UK you are going to have to find another way. PSW will not resolve your problem.