ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application - some urgent queries.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doc_S

Passport Application - some urgent queries.

Post by doc_S » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:06 am

In the process of applying for British passport for myself, wife and 2 kids. I would be grateful if someone can confirm the documents I am going to attach and some application details/ confusions? We have received citizenship via HSMP route and both children are born in UK before our ILR. We (adults) have certificate of naturalisation and kids have their registration certificates respectively.

1. Documents with adult application:
- Naturalisation Certificate
- Current and all old expired foreign passports (2 in my case inc one on which I entered)
- Two photographs (one countersigned)

2. Documents with child application:
- Registration Certificate.
- Current foreign passport
- Full birth certificate
- Two photographs (one countersigned)
-(NO need for parents passports/marriage certificates/ parents birth certificates etc??)

3. Regarding old passports for children..... one of my son was initially included on my wife's passport after he was born. However, now has a separate foreign passport which is currently valid. Do I just mention current passport in application and send it with application? Or do I also have to mention a passport where he was included in my wife passport as well? (he did not enter in UK on that passport as he was born here but has traveled on it in past) But in that case, how would I send the original passport because same passport will be sent with my wife's application as her old passport on which she entered UK? Do all family applications are sent together in one envelop by check & send? In that case it can be mentioned that check my wife's passport but if applications are treated individually then it can be a problem.

4. Grandparents details!!!! I know this has been asked so many times but still confused.... to provide or not to provide. Even if I provide I would be only able to give names and may be place of birth but not their date of births or marriage dates and places etc. Can I just give names and rest as "unknown" or not give any details at all?

Many thanks for your help.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:12 am

1. OK
2. OK
3. Current passport enough
4. See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Passport.

doc_S

Post by doc_S » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Thanks Jumbo. Much appreciated.

Few more questions...

5. Do you have to request in order to add title (such as Dr) to your passport? Or is it included by default? If needs to request then can we write in section 8?

6. If we use a separate paper for further details, then do we have to write in section 8 "see separate sheet"? (seems not enough space in section 8- limited boxes)

7. In section 10, the counter signatory has to write the name of the child or the parent (who signed section 9) as the person they have known for so many years?

8. Even if father signs section 9, we do not have to submit marriage certificate etc to prove parental responsibility?

9. Silly question but paranoid ... On naturalisation/ registration certificate there is a certificate no, reference no and another number starting with an alphabet at bottom right corner of the certificate. If I'm right, the no we need to write in passport application is the "certificate no" ( 7 digits) and not the one at the bottom right corner with an alphabet?

Many thanks.

doc_S

Post by doc_S » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:13 am

10. If we don't use check & send, then do I send all 4 applications and supporting documents together in one envelop with one payment slip to cover all applications? Or does it have to be separate applications for each member of the family?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:51 am

I suggest you read the passport guide which will answer most of your questions. You can also call IPS advice line on 0300 222 0000.