ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Disclosure Scotland or CRB

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssidd

Disclosure Scotland or CRB

Post by ssidd » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Hello Guys,
Any body suggest me that which check I need to do for Traffic offence which ended in Magistrate court with FINE?

Friend of mine told me that Disclosure scotland mention all traffic offences...Is that true?

Regards
Sidd
Random life is difficult but systematic is much easier!!
SIDD

BOSAAL
Newly Registered

Post by BOSAAL » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Thats true. I recently received my Disclosure Scotland and it has got the points and court fine mentioned on it for over speeding.

Pqek

Re: Disclosure Scotland or CRB

Post by Pqek » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:44 pm

ssidd wrote:Hello Guys,
Any body suggest me that which check I need to do for Traffic offence which ended in Magistrate court with FINE?

Friend of mine told me that Disclosure scotland mention all traffic offences...Is that true?

Regards
Sidd
Get a SAR of the PNC from the police station of the area you live. I had a speed fine thru court shown in disclosure Scotland but clear SAR of PNC and my ILR sailed thru with no Problems.

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Pqek, did you mention this fine on ILR application form? Did you tick the box that you have criminal conviction? Did you send your SAR report together with ILR application? Thank you.
I have exactly the same situation, going to apply for ILR soon, would be grateful for your advice. Thanks a lot!

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:40 am

Pqek, could you please reply.

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:54 pm

JohnM wrote:Pqek, did you mention this fine on ILR application form? Did you tick the box that you have criminal conviction? Did you send your SAR report together with ILR application? Thank you.
I have exactly the same situation, going to apply for ILR soon, would be grateful for your advice. Thanks a lot!
I did mention my fine on the application and handover my SAR report with it. The caseworker also asked me for the counterpart of my driving license to verify I did not have any other offense.

Everything went well at the end.

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Thank you very much. Did you attend the court in person or it was decided in your absence? The reason I ask, I got offence in Scotland and it may be just FPN, so I try to figure out if I should declare it in the form or not.

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:27 pm

I found some info about Disclosure Scoland already on this forum. Basically, in answers a lot of questions and worries. DS stores all data which happened in Scotland, not only PNC / CRB record. So if it's not on ACRO / PNC but only on Disclosure Scotland, it means you simply had it recorded in Scottish law which has nothing to do with British ILR. Woooof, that's a relief.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ic+offense

But still everybody advices to declare it, which means saying that you got conviction. Well there is some logic in it. You have little conviction which is not recordable, therefore it can not be ground for refusal for ILR. Yea, I finally understood everything I suppose. It is conviction in Scotland, you know you did it and you declare it. But it is not recorded on your criminal history in Britain, therefore UKBA can't refuse ILR based on this. I think it is also good idea to attach SAR / CRB to the application to help UKBA not to make any silly mistake.

P.S. Mine happened in Scotland. I'm not sure if DS shows non-Scottish offences so often too. But anyway, if it's in DS only, it's not criminal record.

Cheers.

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:54 pm

John

Mine happened in Scotland as well and to answer to your question above, I did went to court and declared myself guilty but that does not make a difference. When you don't go and just send the paperwork you are admitting guilt already on paper. However, it's clear that this is treated as FPN.

If you are requesting a SAR, ensure you only tick the option of information in PCN. If you chose the option of information in the Scottish database you will get the same information you got in the disclosure Scotland.

Good luck!