ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Third party funding in the UK?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

haroonahmad
Newly Registered

Third party funding in the UK?

Post by haroonahmad » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:48 pm

i am looking to apply for Tier 1 (E) visa next year (February) from PSW visa, and I am in the UK. I have a friend who has £50k in his bank account in UK, can he give me letter etc? I have heard third party in UK is not allowed? please kindly help, thanks

smehmood
BANNED

Re: Third party funding in the UK?

Post by smehmood » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:30 pm

haroonahmad wrote:i am looking to apply for Tier 1 (E) visa next year (February) from PSW visa, and I am in the UK. I have a friend who has £50k in his bank account in UK, can he give me letter etc? I have heard third party in UK is not allowed? please kindly help, thanks
Hi

3rd Party funding in UK is not allowed

Regards
Shaukat

omairsunny
Newly Registered

Re: Third party funding in the UK?

Post by omairsunny » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:22 am

smehmood wrote:
haroonahmad wrote:i am looking to apply for Tier 1 (E) visa next year (February) from PSW visa, and I am in the UK. I have a friend who has £50k in his bank account in UK, can he give me letter etc? I have heard third party in UK is not allowed? please kindly help, thanks
Hi

3rd Party funding in UK is not allowed

Regards
Hi,
A very informative piece of advice from Mr Shaukat. Just wanted to ask respectfully, if its stated in the policy guidelines of UKBA new addition that UK third party funding is not allowed?
Also just to confirm that third party funding is still allowed from outside UK? Many Thanks.

haroonahmad
Newly Registered

Post by haroonahmad » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:37 pm

I just ring HomeOffice on 0870 606 7766. And the lady on the phone went through me using the Guidance document for Tier 1 (E) and she said, it doesn't state if third party can only be outside the UK. And she said, its fine to show third party letters etc within the UK. I asked for her name and details but she refused.

Can we get any advice from the experts of this forum please? Even HomeOffice is not ready to help us, we have no proof if third party in UK is allowed or not.

Please help!

Thanks

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:18 pm

haroonahmad wrote:I just ring HomeOffice on 0870 606 7766. And the lady on the phone went through me using the Guidance document for Tier 1 (E) and she said, it doesn't state if third party can only be outside the UK. And she said, its fine to show third party letters etc within the UK. I asked for her name and details but she refused.

Can we get any advice from the experts of this forum please? Even HomeOffice is not ready to help us, we have no proof if third party in UK is allowed or not.

Please help!

Thanks

Hi

So if your visa is refuse (GOD FORBIDDEN) then what argument you have to challenge the decision. Anyhow i had provided link with proof before but i am doing this last time as it takes time to find somthing.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

Go to page 16 of above link.

100. • The account must be in your own name only (or both names for an entrepreneurial team)
only. Accounts in the name of a business or third party will not be accepted;

Please read it carefully and do,nt confuse yourself please. Thanks
Shaukat

haroonahmad
Newly Registered

Post by haroonahmad » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Dear Shaukat,

The point 100 is for money in personal accounts. Read this:

Point 56
You can include money made available by other people (known as ‘a third party or parties’) but you must also provide a declaration that the money is available to you or the business that you are running, from each contributor of funds, together with confirmation that the declarations are valid. If you are relying on money held by your husband, wife or partner, they will be regarded as a third party.
103. Third parties (other contributors of money) may include family members, as well as other investors or corporate bodies.

My family members are in the UK!, My wife is in the UK!

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:20 pm

haroonahmad wrote:Dear Shaukat,

Point 56
You can include money made available by other people (known as ‘a third party or parties’) but you must also provide a declaration that the money is available to you or the business that you are running, from each contributor of funds, together with confirmation that the declarations are valid. If you are relying on money held by your husband, wife or partner, they will be regarded as a third party.
103. Third parties (other contributors of money) may include family members, as well as other investors or corporate bodies.

Hi

I never said 3rd party is not allowed at all. its allowed if funds are held outside the UK.
Read 56 again.

After this no argument brother. I am sorry for wasting your time. if you do,nt agree then you can apply. Wish u good luck
Shaukat

haroonahmad
Newly Registered

Post by haroonahmad » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 pm

i dont know why the senior members are silent on this issue???? can sushmhta etc like members give some opinions on this issue please?

jibran
Newly Registered

see pag 17 ... .

Post by jibran » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:41 am

smehmood wrote:

Point 56

Hi

I never said 3rd party is not allowed at all. its allowed if funds are held outside the UK.
Read 56 again.

After this no argument brother. I am sorry for wasting your time. if you do,nt agree then you can apply. Wish u good luck
hi its jibran .. for all of you ppl who on psw see page 17 .. 3rd party .is allow in uk ..

smehmood
BANNED

Re: see pag 17 ... .

Post by smehmood » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:48 pm

jibran wrote:
smehmood wrote:

Point 56

Hi

Read 56 again.

hi its jibran .. for all of you ppl who on psw see page 17 .. 3rd party .is allow in uk ..

HI

3rd Party funding is allowed in uk if funds and 3rd party is outside the UK.

Please provide clear information. if still u think its allowed the way u said then You can apply for yourself but do,nt mislead others.

Thanks
Shaukat

cdyz5
Pakistan

Post by cdyz5 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:41 am

One of my friend applied Tier1 visa and he showed third party funds in UK. but UKBA refused his application with no appeal of right.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:43 pm

cdyz5 wrote:One of my friend applied Tier1 visa and he showed third party funds in UK. but UKBA refused his application with no appeal of right.
Pls elaborate it a bit...

Applied Tier 1 Visa. Which category? Exceptional talent, General, Entrepreneur, Investor, Graduate Entrepreneur. post Study Work etc.

Third party funds in support of investment or maintenance funds?
The question is... to be or not to be....

cdyz5
Pakistan

Post by cdyz5 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:48 am

Applied for Tier 1 visa. He was on PSW visa earlier actually he still have 5 moth remaining on his psw visa.

He had a letter of Third party funds in support of investment and maintenance funds together.

oh yeah forget to mention he applied as Entrepreneur visa but UKBA reject it.

asifbunny
Newly Registered

Post by asifbunny » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:14 am

does Third part only include husband wife or partner ??? or it can be Uncle friend and a company?????????????

smaa228
Newly Registered

Post by smaa228 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:16 pm

from above discussion , Please any senior member can clarify that , Is third party statement or third party funding is allow for psw to tier1 ent.

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:50 pm

smaa228 wrote:from above discussion , Please any senior member can clarify that , Is third party statement or third party funding is allow for psw to tier1 ent.
Hi

Under Current Rules 3RD party funding is allowed if Funds are held Abroad.
If funds are held in UK then the bank statement must be on candidate name.

Regards
Shaukat

usemobile

Post by usemobile » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:05 am

smehmood wrote:
smaa228 wrote:from above discussion , Please any senior member can clarify that , Is third party statement or third party funding is allow for psw to tier1 ent.
Hi

Regards
Hi Seniors

Is that possible to get a UK bank account without a person in UK. My cousin planing to apply from India I given Third party letter according to template.

I believe point 100 is for in country applications. For outside person how they get bank account?

Rj

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:40 am

usemobile wrote:
smehmood wrote:
Hi

Regards
Hi Seniors

Is that possible to get a UK bank account without a person in UK. My cousin planing to apply from India I given Third party letter according to template.

I believe point 100 is for in country applications. For outside person how they get bank account?

Rj
Hi

Let me get understand your question, correct me if i am wrong.

Your cousin is in India and he wants to apply from there. you have funds available in UK and wants to finance him for his business.

If this is the case then you should provide him a bank statement of £200K and a Declaration from yourself (that you are willing to give him this money )in front of solicitor and a letter from solicitor on his letter pad that this deceleration was made and he a solicitor.

then send Your declaration to india and ask your cousin to sign this declaration infront of a notary public in india also get letter from notary public on his letter pad that his authorized notary public in india.

Regards
Shaukat

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:41 am

usemobile wrote:
smehmood wrote:
Hi

Regards
Hi Seniors

Rj
Hi

Let me get understand your question, correct me if i am wrong.

Your cousin is in India and he wants to apply from there. you have funds available in UK and wants to finance him for his business.

If this is the case then you should provide him a bank statement of £200K and a Declaration from yourself (that you are willing to give him this money )in front of solicitor and a letter from solicitor on his letter pad that this deceleration was made and he a solicitor.

then send Your declaration to india and ask your cousin to sign this declaration infront of a notary public in india also get letter from notary public on his letter pad that his authorized notary public in india.

Regards
Shaukat

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:59 pm

haroonahmad wrote:i dont know why the senior members are silent on this issue???? can sushmhta etc like members give some opinions on this issue please?
I think its purely a 'contradiction' within Policy guidance. Hopefully UKBA will correct it soon. Its just not logical that third part funding is acceptable from overseas sponsor but not from British sponsor.

Previously there was an issue that if someone was claiming to be in business within the UK he/she had to register self-employment or director within 3 months however at the same time it was mentioned in the guidance that if someone has already invested in business within last 12 months he can also claim investment. This issue was extensively discussed on board but no conclusion was reached. But later on in new policy published on 13 Dec 12 this issue was clarified.

The third party issue under discussion in this thread is kind of same issue.

usemobile

Post by usemobile » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:31 pm

me get understand your question, correct me if i am wrong.

Regards[/quote]

Yes you got it right.

Why the applicants has to do notary on third party declaration letter, I think third party has to sign in front of legal rep

I believe entrepreneur applicant has to sign but why in front of notary

Rj

usemobile

Post by usemobile » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:31 pm

me get understand your question, correct me if i am wrong.

Regards[/quote]

Yes you got it right.

Why the applicants has to do notary on third party declaration letter, I think third party has to sign in front of legal rep

I believe entrepreneur applicant has to sign but why in front of notary

Rj