ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife's student visa status to depedant of PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bibas
Newly Registered

wife's student visa status to depedant of PSW

Post by Bibas » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:13 am

Hi Sushdmehta,

Thanks for reminding me that there no provision for IGS anymore but need to transfer status to PSW as transition for IGS. I have gone through website to PSW and I will be eligible to transfer for PSW but the whole issue is still the same. When I went through, Dependant application form for Tier 1 (Dependant) Section 2 D1 in page 13 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... tsform.pdf , it has mentioned that(is this the dependant application form that we are supposed to use to change her visa status)

In order to qualify for further leave to remain in the UK as dependant of a person under the point based system, the individual must have either travelled to UK with entry clearance as the dependant of the main applicant

or

have been last granted leave to remain as a dependant of the main applicant in a qualifying category.

If the dependant does not meet either of these criteria it is likely that his/her application will be refused.

As I have mentioned in my earlier post that my wife is in student status at the moment, but we are married couple and have marriage certificate issued by the governement body back home, on top of that we have got wedding photos as well.

Now, my query is, is there any provision that we could change her student status to my PSW depedant here in the UK or we need to go back home and apply again as my dependant ???

Has anyone come across this problem after June 08.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:35 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:16 am

Op,

She can change her status within UK.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:17 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:Op,

She can change her status within UK.
It will be of great help if you could provide link to the immigration rule(s) that substantiate(s) your claim - that one can change from student to dependent (IGS / Tier 1) status from within the UK.

regards

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:30 am

sushdmehta,

I have swithed in-country from student to dependent of a student (my wife) few yrs ago. Therefore I thought it should be ok.

I might be not be right since nothing mentioned about it under Tier 1 dependent. I will email HO and clarify about it.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:38 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:I have swithed in-country from student to dependent of a student (my wife) few yrs ago.
Because it's possible to switch to students' dependants, but not necessarily true for every category.
RAJ2007 wrote:Therefore I thought it should be ok.
No offence, but then you should have made that clear - that you *think* it can be done, rather than making it seem like a definite possibility. After all, we all want to offer the right suggestions / advice to people asking for one. :wink:

Reading this will help understand switching rules for Tier 1 / IGS dependents.

FYI - The idea of marking a post as a *Duplicate post* is to inform members that an active discussion on the same issue (posted by the same user) is currently underway in another place and reponses should be posted there.

regards

Johnson02
BANNED

Post by Johnson02 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:23 am

I would suggest provide a covering letter and explain to them why you are unable to submit the certificate.