ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 months waiting and still NOTHING!!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Blackhole

14 months waiting and still NOTHING!!!

Post by Blackhole » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi Guys

I have applied for naturalization on November 2011 still no answer
their favorite reply always still under consideration
wrote to my MP, and Directly to them and nothing helps

any suggestion what else I might do?

Thanks

barnaby

Re: 14 months waiting and still NOTHING!!!

Post by barnaby » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Sorry to hear that, Blackhole. Waiting 8 months is bad enough but 14 months...

What did they tell you or your MP? Any clues?
Blackhole wrote:any suggestion what else I might do?
Move house and try a different MP?

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:46 pm

barnaby wrote:Sorry to hear that, Blackhole. Waiting 8 months is bad enough but 14 months...

Mp just wrote to them

their reply is the same template ' under consideration'

was thinking to write to H O secretary, and hire a solicitor

don't know if that might help?

any one else here have waited this long?

ana ali

Post by ana ali » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:57 am

my brother got his approval after one year in may 2012 uptill now he is waiting for oath letter for last 8 months no reply from home office. his lawyer wrote several letters to home office but still no response...............
its miserable............
Blackhole wrote:
barnaby wrote:Sorry to hear that, Blackhole. Waiting 8 months is bad enough but 14 months...

Mp just wrote to them

their reply is the same template ' under consideration'

was thinking to write to H O secretary, and hire a solicitor

don't know if that might help?

any one else here have waited this long?

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:07 am

[quote="ana ali"]my brother got his approval after one year in may 2012 uptill now he is waiting for oath letter for last 8 months no reply from home office. his lawyer wrote several letters to home office but still no response...............

which letter do you mean?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:16 pm

my brother got his approval after one year in may 2012 uptill now he is waiting for oath letter for last 8 months no reply from home office. his lawyer wrote several letters to home office but still no response...............
has your brother ever contacted his council?? Has your brother moved house or town?? Booking the ceremony is supposed to be done within 21 days of the approval letter.

ana ali

Post by ana ali » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:51 am

my brothers lawyer got letter from HO that they lost my application file thatwhy they didnt send oath letter to book ceremony after application approved in may 2012.home office said in letter to again submit citizenship application with all documents.its been almost 2 years we r waiting ...... dont u think its a blunder by them.....
CR001 wrote:
has your brother ever contacted his council?? Has your brother moved house or town?? Booking the ceremony is supposed to be done within 21 days of the approval letter.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:01 pm

that is absolutely disgusting

sending you approval and losing your file!!!

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:21 am

blackhole, I feel for you in your situation but I think you may have some issues that need clearing up - let me explain.

There are several scenarios in the caseworker guidance where the instructions are to defer the case and say nothing to the applicant eg.
the UKBA does not do simple criminal checks ( like those by disclosure Scotland ) but rather checks on the PNC. These can show an arrest warrant outside the jurisdiction you live or some alleged information against you. The guidance states the caseworker should take another look in a month and defer again if nothing has changed.

Before my naturalisation application, I witnessed an ongoing crime ( I could explain in a PM ) in another EU country. Because of my knowledge, the criminals ( a group of about 25 British citizens ) made nonsense allegations against me in that country ( that went nowhere, of course ). This summer they threatened to get me "thrown out of the EU". They felt they had some upper hand on me not being an EU citizen whilst they were.

Their threats were nonsense. However, I was concerned they would make allegations against me in the UK that would result in an entry on the PNC. I was fully expecting a delay in my application due to this nonsense - there was not - I was approved in 5 weeks.

When I read the guidance, it seemed that there was a chance that I would be in the same situation as you ( ongoing deferral with no information ). If it went beyond 6 months, I planned on going straight to the police station and offer to clear up any concerns about me that may have been highlighted on the PNC.

If you are unaware of the specific guidance notes, I can dig them up for you and post a link. However, I think you may want to approach it from the angle I mention. I'm not suggesting you've done anything wrong - hell, it could be somebody with exactly the same name and dob as you.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:25 pm

rod_p wrote:blackhole, I feel for you in your situation but I think you may have some issues that need clearing up - let me explain.

There are several scenarios in the caseworker guidance where the instructions are to defer the case and say nothing to the applicant eg.
the UKBA does not do simple criminal checks ( like those by disclosure Scotland ) but rather checks on the PNC. These can show an arrest warrant outside the jurisdiction you live or some alleged information against you. The guidance states the caseworker should take another look in a month and defer again if nothing has changed.

Before my naturalisation application, I witnessed an ongoing crime ( I could explain in a PM ) in another EU country. Because of my knowledge, the criminals ( a group of about 25 British citizens ) made nonsense allegations against me in that country ( that went nowhere, of course ). This summer they threatened to get me "thrown out of the EU". They felt they had some upper hand on me not being an EU citizen whilst they were.

Their threats were nonsense. However, I was concerned they would make allegations against me in the UK that would result in an entry on the PNC. I was fully expecting a delay in my application due to this nonsense - there was not - I was approved in 5 weeks.

When I read the guidance, it seemed that there was a chance that I would be in the same situation as you ( ongoing deferral with no information ). If it went beyond 6 months, I planned on going straight to the police station and offer to clear up any concerns about me that may have been highlighted on the PNC.

If you are unaware of the specific guidance notes, I can dig them up for you and post a link. However, I think you may want to approach it from the angle I mention. I'm not suggesting you've done anything wrong - hell, it could be somebody with exactly the same name and dob as you.
Thanks mate for this valuable information

as said I am not aware of anything but you are right could be anything
like similar name ....etc

could you please send me this PM on:
hidarling@gmail.com

also, can u explain more about the kind of checks HO are doing?

appreciated