ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant From India ..Advise Please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

jeebu
Newly Registered

ILR Dependant From India ..Advise Please

Post by jeebu » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 pm

I was granted ILR on 18th December 2012,My previous category was Tier1 General.
I got married on 18th October 2012 and wish to bring my partner as a dependant to UK.

I am slightly confused on which category should i apply.
Should i apply her visa as a dependant of "settled person" or as a dependant of Tier1(G).

The "Can you apply" Page on UKBA website says this

This section is for those who applied for, or are applying for, leave to enter or leave to remain as a partner of a British citizen or a person who is settled here.

You cannot apply in a partner category if you:

are the spouse or partner of a person who is settled in the UK or has British citizenship if their most recent permission to stay was under tiers 1, 2, or 5 of the points-based system; and
you do not qualify for settlement yet.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/

Could you please advise if i have to apply her visa as a dependant of Tier 1 G or as a dependant of a settled person.
your reply will be very much appreciated,Thanks a Lot

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:13 pm

If it is for Entry Clearance then use this form VAF4A and read this
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

jeebu
Newly Registered

Post by jeebu » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:11 am

I agree , but look in the can you apply page of the link you have given me it says my partner has to apply as tier 1dependant.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:39 am

I presume thats for people applying from inside the UK.
Why not double check with the Enquiry Bureau ?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:43 am

Try 0870 606 7766 in UK
You can call VFS on the new helpline number: (022) 67866000. The former helpline number (040) 66305600 will be available until 19 February 2012. Applicants from Bhutan can also call this number or send an email to any of the email addresses provided on this page. Calls are charged at local or STD rates depending on your location. This service is available Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 17:00.
Contact in India
Skydrives, Templates

skittali
Newly Registered

ILR Dependent visa application for family living in India

Post by skittali » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Hello Guys... I have the same question on what is the application I need to use ?It should be done only online via visa4uk website.
In that link it doesn't say anything about family visa...

I have received my ILR last week and want to get my wife and daughter as my dependents (not settlement). What application do I need to use to apply from outside the UK. I am not able to find the exact application.

Also, what is the maintenance I need to maintain before applying their visa.

Note: My query is not related to my spouse/child settlement visa

Appreciate your suggestions and guidance.

Many Thanks,
Sanjay

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 pm

@skittali

You might need to read this before making multiple posts. Please continue in previous thread
Skydrives, Templates

skittali
Newly Registered

Sorry About That

Post by skittali » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Thanks