ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved in Solihull 13th Dec 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

InUkOnHsmp

ILR approved in Solihull 13th Dec 2012

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi Forum,

I was scheduled for my ILR application with one dependant in Solihull today at 10:45 am. My details and the documentation I had prepared have been shared here. The documents I was actually asked for will be listed below.

I had a concern about reaching there on time so was planning to leave at 730 a.m., anyways I got late and left around 8. As expected ran into some congestion on M6 and after parking at Marks & Spencers (my tomtom failed to get us to John Lewis), reached the PEO at 10:35 a.m., phew!

So after there heres the timelines:

10:35 am - Security checkin
11:00 am - Interview with case worker
11:15 am - Sent for payment
11:25 am - Back from payment
11:50 am- Called for biometrics
12:10 am - Told to come back for documents and approval letter in 2 hours time 1:50 pm)
1:50 pm - Back from lunch
2:45 pm - Got documents and receipt of payment, NO approval letter.

Now lets talk about each of these in detail:

11:00 am - Interview with case worker

a) She asked for the completed SET(O) form. Told us that the form has changed and now we have to also mention spent convictions in addition to unspent convictions. However, they will expect this form for the grace period of 28 days, but will ask people verbally if they have any spent convictions. I did not have any so that was all OK.

b) She asked for passports for me and partner, which I provided along with photocopies and a schedule of absences for me. She then requested us to give her sometime to check some details from our passports. This took around 5 mins.

c) She then asked for our LIUK certificates, which I provided with copies. My partner was duly complemented on scoring 100%, and I was ordered to pay for lunch today, which I do anyways I remarked ;).

d) She then asked for payslips and bank statements to prove earnings, which I provided with copies and a payslip to bank statement index. To which remarked "all spick and span" in the end :).

e) Then she asked for some documents to prove me and partner live together. I opened my file of cohab documents, but she suggested if I have council tax bills for the last 3 years, and they are in both our names that should be enough. I provided that with copies.

f) She almost sent us for the payment before realizing she hadnt taken our photos, which I then provided. Photos taken last week.

She then asked us if wanted the biometric cards on a different address, we said NO. Then she told us our ILR will be approved today and directed us to the payment counter to make the payment before being called for the biometrics.

11:15 am - sent for payment

Went there and waited for 5 mins, then realised there was a button to be pressed to be serviced, that counter is not manned all the time. So pressed it and someone came to take our payment details in 5 mins. So people going to Solihull, do remember to press that button when you reach the payment counter.

I had a concern about my bank blocking my debit card, the payment person mentioned he will come out to me in the waiting area if there is a problem, and I will have the option to either call my bank to unblock or use another card.

So payment done went out and waited for the biometrics.

12:15 am - Called back for documents and approval letter letter

Went out to Jimmys spices right in front of the PEO. Its a buffet and I would recommend it to all people going to Solihull. Starters, mains and deserts to die for, highly recommended from a foodie :).

01:50 pm - Back from lunch

When we came back from lunch, we were told that there was some problem getting decision from the "UK wide system" and we might either be sent documents later, or be given documents now but sent the approval later in the post. Not much was explained about this process and why there was a problem, which is my only gripe with Solihull today.

2:45 pm - Got documents and receipt of payment

Our token number was called out and we were explained that they cannot issue approval letters today, but it should be sent in the post in a couple of days. When I dug deeper the worker mentioned the decision should come in by either tonight or sometime tomorrow, and then will be put in the post to me. The biometrics will follow 7-10 working days after that.

This is quite annoying as we applied in person to get that same-day advantage and avoid sleepless nights. In particular I worked really hard to get a Solihull appointment as I thought applying there was quite safe. Allthough admittedly this may not have been there fault. Anyways so thats that, now waiting for approval letters.

Apart from this glitch, the overall experience with Solihull has been great. The waits were a bit more, but then it was really busy today. The staff was quite friendly and cool. Would highly recommend Solihull to prospective applicants.

Lastly I would really like to thank all the forum members, specially moderators who answered my persistent queries and not gave up on me in the process, you guys rock!

Sorry for the long post, but the intent was to put in as much info as I could recollect to help prospective applicants.

Thanks.
Last edited by InUkOnHsmp on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Challenges make life worth it!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Don't worry. But I understand your concerns. Just technical glitch, annoying but just relax. I am glad you had a pleasant experience at Solihull.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks wpilr_nov12. Looking forward to getting the approval letter soon with no surpises in it :).

SONAKSHI

payslips

Post by SONAKSHI » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:31 am

Hi InUkOnHsmp, I am not an expert on these issues but I feel you will get the good news soon.
One query were your payslips on headed paper, if not did you get a letter from your employer to state that the payslips are authentic. My original payslips are not on company headed paper. When I requested the payroll for a letter veryfing the authenticity of the payslips. They sent me copies of the online payslip certyfing that these were copies of the original with signature and stamp. Hope this suffice. Do I still need a letter from the employer stating that the payslips are authentic. I have a letter from the employer stating my annual salary.
Less is More

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi sonakshi

Thanks for the wishes.

Sorry for the late response did not come onlinee muchh today.

My payslips were proper payslips not online prints so not sure if i can help you there.

Regards

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Quick update:

Got approval letter in the post today.

Applied in Solihull PEO - 13th Dec 2012
Documents returned on the same day
Approval received in the post - 17th Dec 2012

Thanks for all the forum members for helping me cope with the anxiety.

Quick question

It was mentioned somewhere on the forum that apart from the approval letter and a letter about the impending BRP cards, another document is sent detailing the benefits we are now eligible for with ILR, I don't seem to have been sent that document. Should I be concerned?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:01 pm

Congratulations.
No.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Thanks wpilr_nov12, appreciate all your help in this process.

Regards

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 am

Congrats on the ilr.

I am completing the new form(12/2012).
I have a question regarding section 11L:

---
Employment not requiring a work permit If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5years’ continuous stay in the UK in one of the employment not requiring a work permit categories listed below,
in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following:
11C

Recent document(s) from your current authorised employer confirming that you are still needed for the same work and that your employment with them is continuing.

Document(s) from your authorised employer(s) over the past 5 years confirming that you have been employed continuously in this work throughout that period.
---

What documents do I need to submit here. Or this req is only for the categories mentioned.
I am about of quit my current role. Would that create a problem.
I am on Tier 1 G. Previously on a WP.

patt

Post by patt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:20 am

Hi t0mmy,

I think we are the same boat. I got same questions as your.

I think i will provide employee letter mentioned about my lenght of service.

but anyway, not too sure.

Could anyone advise please? thank you
--------------------------------------------------------------------
my status ,HSMP + Teir1 (general):

= appointment on 14th jan
= my last day at current company will be 18th jan
= start new job on 21th jan

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Any updates on your case Sonakshi?

jeebu
Newly Registered

Thanks Loads

Post by jeebu » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Firstly Thanks Loads to people here who shared their experiences and gave tips.I followed them and was successfully granted ILR today at PEO office Solihull.
It was pretty much similar to the case above but it was at 2:00 pm and things took slightly longer.

I was given the approval letter and was told the BRP would be sent in 7 - 10 working days,Can anyone tell me realistically how long is it taking.

Can i assume my ILR is granted or would there be anymore surprises?

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi Jeebu,

I got a "missed-you" card from the DX people today, so they tried to deliver the BRP cards at my home address today. I have rescheduled the delivery to the 20th now.

As you know, I applied on the 13th, wasnt given the approval letter on the day. It arrived in the post yesterday, it was dated the 13th, and the date stamp on it is also from the 13th.

So the BRP delivery was attempted on the 3rd working day from when my application was approved, I would say you can expect something on Friday/Saturday :).

And no, dont worry, dont think there is scope for any surprises now :).

Good luck!

Regards

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi Jeebu,

I received my BRP cards this morning. All details fine on the cards.

Hope you receive yours soon as well.

Regards

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:41 pm

congrats
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013