ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Drama.... Post Study Work, Interim Student Visa And Appeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

godschild85
Newly Registered

Drama.... Post Study Work, Interim Student Visa And Appeal

Post by godschild85 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:05 am

Hi,

While waiting for my results from university I applied to extend my student visa because my current visa was due to expire and I did not want to overstay.

While I was waiting to hear back on the student I submitted a new application for the post study work visa on March because I had now received my results and no longer needed the student visa. On the form there is a section which dealt with previous applications and appeals, stating that I wanted this new application to be considered instead of the old.

PSW application was submitted on March 30th stating I no longer wanted to pursue the student route and was rejected on the grounds that I had and appeal lodged with home office even though I stated that I no longer wanted to pursue this route.

My student Student visa was rejected on April 11th, a few days after PSW category was closed, on the grounds that I was 6 pounds short of the mainenance for a day, even though I had said that I wanted to now apply for the PSW visa. I was given the right of appeal. I was advised by my lawyer that I needed to go through the appeal process, despite saying in the application form that I now wanted to apply for the PSW visa. The appeal was dismissed in September.

Additionally, the PSW application was returned on December 11th the basis that I had an appeal lodged with Home Office considering the student visa.

I really don't know what I can do. Any advice would be helpful.