ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved at Solihull 18.12.2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SONAKSHI

ILR Approved at Solihull 18.12.2012

Post by SONAKSHI » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Hello everyone I had applied for ILR at Solihull PEO on the 18th of December and my application was approved. I had prepared my application following the discussions and suggestions in the forum. I was very careful in my preparation as the revised version of the application form and new rules were applicable from the 13th of December; however the members were kind enough to share their experiences which were a great help.

Visa details as follows:
HSMP: 7.1.2008 to 7.1.2010 (entered UK 13.1.2008)
Tier 1 (General) : 26.1.2010 to 26.1.2013. Applied for renewal on 29.12.2009. Acknowledgement was dated 31.12.2009.

Following is the list of documents which I had prepared.
1) Set (O) form (12/2012): with a copy
2) Payslips from 1st November 2011 to 31 October 2012. These were online copies certified by the payroll department as being true copy of the original. (Stamped and signed): with a copy of each.
3) Bank statements for last 12 months. (From 22nd November 2011 to 21st November 2012): with a copy
4) Current and old Passport (which had my HSMP visa): with a copy of all pages which had any details/ stamps.
5) Degree certificate: I had completed my MBA after my Tier 1 (General) extension in 2010: with a copy
6) LIUK pass letter: with a copy
7) Two Photographs with name written on the back.
9) Current Employer letter detailing (with a copy)
a. Position, date of joining and that am based in the UK.
b. Annual salary with the allowances which are paid to my UK bank account.
c. taxes and NI are paid in the UK
d. Frequent travel is part of my job requirement.
e. List of absences of 190 days which included Annual leave – 62 days, Compassionate leave – 4 days (my father had passed away in 2008) and 124 days business travel.
f. Is in support of my ILR.
10) Personal letter to Case Worker, Solihull explaining my reason for compassionate leave, attaching my father’s death certificate with a translation in English: with a copy.
11) Two copies of HSMP approval letter. (I do not have the original). Tier 1 approval letter with a copy. Tier 1 application acknowledgement (with a copy) to cover the period from 7.1.2010 to 26.1.2010 while my extension was being processed by the Home Office and my passport was with them.
12) Additional copies of payment slips.
13) PEO appointment e-mail print out.

Supporting documents:
1.) P-60: 2007-2008
P-45: 2008-2009 (Changed Job)
P-60: 2008-2009 (Employers copy certified by the Employer): I have misplaced the original
P-60: 2009-2010
P-60: 2010-2011
P-60: 2011-2012
A copy of all the above
2.) HMRC employment history since 2008 and a separate letter for 2008-2009 for which P-60 was missing. A copy of both
3.) Disclosure Scotland basic checks and ARCO subject access check with a copy of each. Both had come out clean. A had received 3 points and paid £60 pounds for a FPN in September 2011. No conviction as did not have to go to court. Deposited the fine and the counterpart for endorsement within the required time.
4.) Driving licence and counterpart with a copy.
5.) Certified salary slip for November 2012 with a copy
6.) Temporary bank statement on Bank Letter head for the period from 22 November till the 14th of December. My statement is published on 22nd of each month and salary is credited in the account on the 26th of each month. (With a copy).

Other documents which I had prepared just in case:
1.) All documents submitted for my initial HSMP.
2.) All documents submitted for my Tier I extension.
3.) The remaining salary slips of the last five years certified by the employer.
4.) The remaining bank statement of the last five years.
5.) Property and Mortgage papers of the property in UK.
6.) A few council tax, utility and insurance papers spread over the five years.

The timeline is as follows:
My appointment was at 10:00.
09:35 reached the PEO after parking at the John Lewis car park.
09:45 called in. The gentleman at the front desk checked the version of the form and then checked my name against the appointment list. While I was undergoing the security check like at an airport he issued me a token and asked to wait in the waiting area after the checks.
10:00 Security check completed
10: 30 Called for the appointment. The caseworker was a very pleasant lady. After the usual courtesies she asked me under which category was I applying. Then she asked me for my passports (which are taped together) and the form. She saw my visa page entered something in her computer and told me the name of my employer and asked if I still worked for them. Then she went through all the pages of the passport looking at all my visas and remarked that I travel a lot.
Then she asked me for the Life in the UK test certificate, checked something on the computer and told me that I had answered all questions correctly.
Then she asked me for the salary slips and the bank statements. She counted all the salary slips and the bank statements and checked them carefully. She checked the salary entry in the bank statements and cross checked them with the salary slips. I had underlined the salary entry in the bank statement with a pencil and she was pleased with it. She then calculated the annual salary adding each of the monthly salary using a calculator and cross checked with the amount I had mentioned in the form and was satisfied.
She asked for my degree certificate, checked it and returned it to me. MBA degree from the UK.
Then she asked me for my employer letter. I know this is not required for Tier 1, however since I had already prepared it, I gave it to her. I advised her that the list of absences is attached to the employer letter. She saw the list of absences and remarked it is 190 days. I explained it included all the business trips, annual leave and the compassionate leave. She read the letter carefully and looked at the absences and said that all most all of it was within Europe and of very short duration. On many of these business trips I travelled in the morning and returned the next evening, which were listed in the absences but number of days out of UK was marked as nil. There were many where I had returned the day after, so absence from UK was 1 day. She took some time to go through these and after sometime looked satisfied. I took a sigh of relief.
She asked for the photographs and enquired when it was taken. (14th December).
She went through the rest of form and then said that she required sometime to do some checks and that I should wait patiently. I told her that I have the Disclosure Scotland and ARCO certificates which were clean, but she was not interested. She said the UKBA do their own checks.
After sometime she came back and asked me for a copy of the following:
1) Life in UK test
2) Salary Slips-12 months
3) Bank statement- 12 months
4) Employer letter with list of absences.
5) Copy of the first page of my passport which has the details and a copy of the initial HSMP stamp page.
Then she handed me back my passport, payment slips but kept the original of all the above and the application form and told me that my application would be approved if my Biometric checks came out fine. (I had mentioned in my form that my biometrics were done during my initial HSMP endorsement in India in December 2007 though I was not issued a biometric card- I do not know if there is any relevance). She explained the procedure from then on.
11:00- Payment slip presented at the payment counter. The gentleman checked with the card and said since I have signed pin in not required and to wait in the waiting area / get my biometrics done till the payment is confirmed.
11:20 Called for biometrics which took about 10 minutes, the lady advised to wait in the waiting area till she confirms that the Biometric information is properly saved
11:50 Advised by the staff in the waiting area that the payment has gone through and the biometric information is properly saved and that I should return at 1400 hours.
I went out, had lunch and roamed around in the touchstone mall nearby and came back at 1350.
1400: Went in and the gentleman at the front desk asked for my token. He returned my originals and photocopies. The only document which was kept was a copy of the employer letter, list of absences and the two pages of the passport and of course the form. I was also given the generic approval letter and advised that the BRP will reach me within 7 working days.

20.12.2012: Applied for Citizenship through the Nationality checking services as my spouse is a British Citizen, having received Citizenship earlier this month after 12 months of ILR.

21.12.2012: Received my BRP. All details noted to be correct.
Apologies for the rather long post, but I wanted to explain everything in details if it may benefit someone.

Thank you all the members of the forum for the guidance. Another journey towards Citizenship has just started.
Less is More

stokbrig

Re: ILR Approved at Solihull 18.12.2012

Post by stokbrig » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:08 pm

[quote="SONAKSHI"]Hello everyone I had applied for ILR at Solihull PEO on the 18th of December
3.) Disclosure Scotland basic checks and ARCO subject access check with a copy of each. Both had come out clean. A had received 3 points and paid £60 pounds for a FPN in September 2011. No conviction as did not have to go to court. Deposited the fine and the counterpart for endorsement within the required time.
Congratulation.
Please advise on FPN, did you declare it in the SET(O) form? and if you heard any thing from the case worker about it?
thanks

thatsy

Post by thatsy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Pls could you tell us what evidence you had to furnish as proof of your business travel?

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Congrats Sonakshi, and thanks for the informative post, it will defnitely help prospective applicants.

Surprised to see your council let you apply for british citizenship, just on the basis of the approval letter. When I took NCS appointment recently to apply for my daughters citizenship, the people at my council told me specifically that I would need to present BRP cards with ILR on it for me and wife on the day.

I would be following your Citizenship timelines with interest as I will be applying around the same time next year.

Please keep the forum posted on the same.
Challenges make life worth it!

SONAKSHI

Post by SONAKSHI » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:54 am

Thanks stokbrig, I was guided by the following note after the question 7.2 in form SET (O)
7.2. Please give details below for each criminal conviction, starting with the most recent one.
If you or any dependants who are applying with you have received more than two convictions, please photocopy this page and enclose it with this form.
Note: We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants and dependants. You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a
sentence of the court.
This includes all drink-driving offences.
So I was not required to declare the FPN.

thatsy thanks- I provided the employers letter which listed all my absenses annual leave, compassionate leave and also business trips.

Thanks InUkOnHsmp: I will keep my progress posted.
Less is More

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:58 pm

sonakshi,

Congrats on your ILR.

Just wanted to ask where did you get the translation for the death certificate?

Was it originally completely in another language or part english and part native language ?

Also, did you have any unpaid leaves ?

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:26 pm

[quote="SONAKSHI"]Thanks stokbrig, I was guided by the following note after the question 7.2 in form SET (O)
7.2. Please give details below for each criminal conviction, starting with the most recent one.
If you or any dependants who are applying with you have received more than two convictions, please photocopy this page and enclose it with this form.
Note: We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants and dependants. You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a
sentence of the court.
This includes all drink-driving offences.
So I was not required to declare the FPN.

Hi SONAKSHI,
I had received 3 points and paid £60 for a FPN {PC30}in September 2009.like you, no conviction as did not have to go to court. Deposited the fine and the counterpart for endorsement within the required time.
Do you think I need Disclosure scotland and ARCO before applying for ILR? Thanks

akash08

Post by akash08 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:14 pm

congratulation.. What a preparation !!!

SONAKSHI

Post by SONAKSHI » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:58 pm

thanks rshelar, I got the death certificate translated from a company which I found in google "www.reflectivesource.com". Though the particulars in the form were bilingual English and the local Indian language but the details filled up were in the local Indian language only. The English portion was kept blank, that is why I had to get the translation. Bear in mind that I could not present the personal letter and the death certificate to the case worker. No i did not have any paid leave and the company letter clearly stated that. The company letter also stated the 4 days od compassionate leave as per company policy.
Hi stokbrig, disclosure scotland and ARCO are just for your knowledge and peace of mind. It merely tells you if you have anything against you in the police records. This was relevant because before the Rules changed on 22nd November I read somewhere in the old rules that if you have something in the police records it should be mentioned. It was not as clear now that FPN are not required to be mentioned. I had applied for both Disclore and ARCO in early November. Many of the details i went through were because I intended to apply for BC just after my ILR.
thanks akash08. Just wanted to ensure nothing gets missed out and I was preparing for both the ILR and BC and the rules had just changed and was unsure about the new requirements. These became clearer only after the 13th when the new guidance was published.
Many thanks to the forum members once gain for the guidance.
Less is More

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:11 pm

Sonakshi,

Thanks for the details on the translation company.

Bear in mind that I could not present the personal letter and the death certificate to the case worker

What does this mean? Did you or did you not show the death certificate for compassionate leave ?

What did you write in the holiday section for this leave on the form ?

I take from your reply that you did not explain this on the cover letter.

SONAKSHI

Post by SONAKSHI » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:49 pm

rshelar, I could not show the personal letter and the death certificate to the case worker, though I had kept it ready. I was just presenting whatever she was asking. She asked for the company letter (though I know it is not a requirement for Tier 1) and I presented it. The company letter had a lot of details some of which have been listed as points a) to f) in my original post at the top. My company letter listed all my absences from UK as an attachment. The reasons for absences were only 3 as follows: Paid annual leave, Compassionate leave and Company business. I did not have a cover letter. Hope this helps.
Less is More

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Sonakshi, thanks