ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New version 12/12 - Previous address in the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sherkhan297

New version 12/12 - Previous address in the UK

Post by sherkhan297 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi ,

I am due to go in for a PEO appointment for tier 1 extension and noticed that in the new version of the Tier 1 - G form (12/12 version), the section B13 asks for the current address & then B14 asks for the date you started living at this address. This is clear and has been filled out and is about 2.5 years at this address

The next section requests for any previous ''address'' (note: does not state addresses) you have lived at in the last ''5 years'' and provides only one space to fill this in. This has also been filled and is 1.5 years at the previous address

Hence total = 4 years address history.

It does not state or request you to photocopy more pages - Although on the following page, B19 for addresses in Northern Ireland, it clearly requests you to photocopy that particular page if you have more than 1 previous ''addresses'' in N.I in the last 5 years to get all 5 year address history in N.I

The earlier version of the form version 10/12 was requesting ''addresses'' for the last 2 years in the UK and there was space for two previous addresses and it was clearly stated that you need to photocopy the page if you lived at more than 2 previous addresses in the last 2 years.

Anyone had any experience filling this previous address part in the new from v12/12? I suppose its quite clear that they only require one previous address in the last 5 years and no specific requirement for last 2 or 5 years now ? but thought I would check.

Any suggestions, experiences shared would be very helpful.

Thanks

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:29 pm

I have the same question.

sherkhan297

Post by sherkhan297 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:46 pm

I found this in the Tier 1 - E forum

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=121071

Though still not sure if we need to provide the 5 year address history !

sherkhan297

Post by sherkhan297 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:06 am

any suggestions please? couldnt find anything on the forum..

Thanks again

sherkhan297

Post by sherkhan297 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Found out myself at PEO Croydon today.. Had the tier 1G extension for myself & 1 dependent at 10:15am

I enquired at the time I gave the documents to the caseworker regarding the addresses for the previous 5 years .. And that there was no space for more than 1 address and no instruction to print more pages to cover the last 5 years.

She said not to worry about it.. But as I had printed 1 extra page p11 (I think) and had the 2nd previous address written (which covered my last 5 years).. she asked to leave it in.

Got the extension and approval letter.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Thank you for your comment. But the problem still exist. Should we mention all the previous addresses in the last 5 years or only the last previous one was sufficient. Actually, I think they made a mistake (like many other mistakes in their forms) as Tier 1 G has been in this country for three years (except for 2nd extension onward), and then how could s/he have addresses in the UK for 5 years? The previous 2 years period was much more rationale.

sherkhan297

Post by sherkhan297 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:49 pm

Yep, the problem will exist until they update the previous address section of form to make it clear...and as you rightly said it does not make much sense ..

The dependent application form clearly asks for all previous UK addresses in the last 5 years and requests you to print more pages if needed..

As the main applicants form does not specifically ask you to cover all addresses in the last 5 years.. you could only provide 1 previous address for the last 5 years as requested ... The case worker ..at least in my case today was not too bothered about it ..and only took the additional page since I had brought it anyway..

I also mentioned to her that as this is the new version 12/12 , we were not certain of what is expected.. We might hear more about this form soon as more people start using it .. this has only been released 2 weeks ago..

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Thank you for your email. To be honest, I myself forgot some of address details in the last five years and I think caseworkers do not take it very serious. It is not first time that something is asked on the forms that is not required by rules and therefore ignored by caseworkers.

bali1981
Newly Registered

Post by bali1981 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for Tier 1 General extension and also applying extension for my wife.

I have also got following questions on previous addresses:
1) do we need to submit any evidence for previous addresses you mention in the application.
2) During our current leave me and my wife stayed at different addresses since she got the job at Birmingham and I was in Leeds with previous company for around 3-4 months in 2011( you can say we were in temporary transitional arrangements where I was looking for job in Birmingham.). Once I got the job in Birmingham We moved together to new place.

Now when We need to mention previous addresses in our respective form, our address details would differ for some months.
1) will that have any impact on my visa extension.
Should I explain the circumstances in cover letter for this arrangements.

Senior please help as I am about to due to extension and your help is urgently required.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:27 am

1) No evidence is asked, hence I would supply none.
2) What's the question?

1) That should not have any impact on your application. I dont think it is part of the requirements. You can still mention it on your cover letter.