ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rockstar2k4

Query on filling application for ILR dependent visa

Post by rockstar2k4 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:56 am

HI,

can you please advise what is the best answer to write for following question

this is for Spouse visa (dependent) for PR/ILR holder....?

2.8 Do you intend to work in the UK ?

What to do i need to produce for the below one [Ref :Supporting documents for Settlement]

Evidence of your current employment or studies
This could include:

􀂾 a letter from your employer on company headed paper – detailing your salary and the length of your employment, confirming that you have been given time off work, and stating whether this time off is paid or unpaid
􀂾 a letter from your education provider on headed paper – confirming your enrolment and leave of absence
􀂾 business registration documents confirming the business owner’s name and the date when the business started trading

stitaprajna

Need checklist for spouse visa

Post by stitaprajna » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:15 pm

I am into Software and will be marrying in mid of Jan. My fiancee is in UK and she holds a PR(Indefinitly Leave to remain). After the marriage, I would like to move to UK as early as possible and search for a Job in Software Development.

I had earlier obtained an HSMP but I did not go to UK.
So, I have few of the documents (Graduation in English Language - college/university letter, NARIC Certificate, HSMP) that may be used now for the dependent work permit.

I need help on the following:
1. What documents I need from my fiancee?
2. What documents of mine are required?
3. Checklist of all the documents
4. What are the job prospects in Java, JEE software development space in UK?

Thanks in advance,
Stitaprajna

abhinav123
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by abhinav123 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Dear Stitaprajna,

Most of the documents required are that of your partner .The essential ones are
1. letter of employment from employer.
2. salary slips
3. p60
4. land registry papers or tenancy agrement ( proper one )
5. Marriage certificate
6. copies of email conversations and phone records .
7. photos
8. ILR card photocopy
9. Your degree ( stating competency in english)

I got married with my girlfriend in court one month before our civil ceremony and applied for her visa ( after court wedding but before the civil wedding ). I am myself on ILR

My timeframe was as follows

Applied on - 18/09/12
Visa processed and sent by bluedart - 14/12/12
Approved application received in 15.12.12

Good luck

Sure12345
Newly Registered

Pls help

Post by Sure12345 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi am watching this forum for two months thanks for doing this. I have applied for uk fiancé settlement visa in 2 jul 2012 but still haven't got any reply yet. It's 120 working days over. As far I know it is not usual I was interview on oct 29. They didn't ask any critical ques just basic ques for 15 mins. Is there any one here who applied in jul waiting for result. Any idea why they still delaying. I believe since they delayed too much it could be rejected pls give your honest opinion pls thanks

stitaprajna

Re: ILR

Post by stitaprajna » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Thank you abhinav123.

I also came acorss this link which has too many documents. What is your thought on this?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 029#748029

One more question is: how old the each of the documents can be ? For eaxample the bank statements, employment letters etc.
Because, my fiancee will be here in India 2 weeks before wedding and she will be here for 4 weeks. So, even if she gets all the documents, by the time I could apply, they will be five weeks old !!
What is the suggestion in this case ?

Many Thanks.

aff_sha_1

Re: ILR

Post by aff_sha_1 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Hey a quick update from me.. i got an email today from bhc that my original decision have been changed.. i am soo happy.. :)

Sure12345
Newly Registered

Re: waiting for reply on Spouse visa after 7 months

Post by Sure12345 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:46 pm

[quote="abt2710"]Still showing under process status on my settlement visa application after 7 months . I am worried .[/quote

Hi am watching this forum for two months thanks for doing this. I have applied for uk fiancé settlement visa in 2 jul 2012 but still haven't got any reply yet. It's 120 working days over. As far I know it is not usual I was interview on oct 29. They didn't ask any critical ques just basic ques for 15 mins. Is there any one here who applied in jul waiting for result. Any idea why they still delaying. I believe since they delayed too much it could be rejected. Have u got any reply abt2710 pls reply

haneen
Newly Registered

2 jobs!!!!!!!!!

Post by haneen » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:18 pm

hi i will aplly for spouse visa soon.is it okey to apply with 2 jobs to meet the financial requierement?if yes under which category we should apply AorB?regards

sraz

Hiii

Post by sraz » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:56 am

Hi ALL,
With Almighty's grace , got my passport stamped with visa today ... No words to express my happiness. Thanks to all the members in this forum for such an excellent effort .

All the very best for all those who are waiting for visa.. :)

Reapplied : 19-09-'12 @ VFS Cochin
Tracking status changed : 21-12-'12
Visa granted : 22-12-'12

rsathish

Re: Hiii

Post by rsathish » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:03 pm

sraz wrote:Hi ALL,
With Almighty's grace , got my passport stamped with visa today ... No words to express my happiness. Thanks to all the members in this forum for such an excellent effort .

Congrats sraz, just in time for Christmas.

Could you tell me was it a spouse dependent visa? if so, for how many yrs was it granted?

Thanks.

sraz

Post by sraz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Thank U rsathish,
Ya , its a spouse visa granted for 2 years and 9 months
rsathish wrote:

Could you tell me was it a spouse dependent visa? if so, for how many yrs was it granted?

Thanks.

drabhishek82
Newly Registered

Post by drabhishek82 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:19 pm

sraz wrote:Thank U rsathish,
rsathish wrote:

Thanks.

Hi sraz

Did u apply from chennai ? anybody knows what's the settlement visa processing time in chennai is, thanks

drabhishek82
Newly Registered

Post by drabhishek82 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:45 pm

drabhishek82 wrote:
rsathish wrote:

Thanks.

Hi sraz

Did u apply from chennai ? anybody knows what's the settlement visa processing time in chennai is, thanks
Hi everyone,

My wife applied for the settlement dependant visa from Bangalore

Applied Blore vfs on : 4th October 2012
Application at Chennai BHC : 8th October 2012
Under process : 28th December 2012

56 working days today 28th Dec 2012

Is anyone in the same situation as us ? Can anyone tell me how many days UKBA might take to give a decision . We have been waiting so long and it's difficult being apart.

Thanks

sraz

Re

Post by sraz » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:09 pm

@ drabhishek82,

I applied at VFS Cochin, Kerala. However, the processing and decision were made in BHC Chennai . I know the waiting is realy frustrating. From the recent time frame we can guess u will be hearing soon from them . So be confident and get ready for the happy news .

drabhishek82
Newly Registered

Re: Re

Post by drabhishek82 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:35 pm

sraz wrote:@ drabhishek82,

I applied at VFS Cochin, Kerala. However, the processing and decision were made in BHC Chennai . I know the waiting is realy frustrating. From the recent time frame we can guess u will be hearing soon from them . So be confident and get ready for the happy news .
Thanks sraz we really hope we get the good news soon n congrats to u.

Sure12345
Newly Registered

Hi any one got lucy2011 contact email pls

Post by Sure12345 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:27 am

[quote="lucy_2011"]yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i told ya, bhc delhi can b quick at times... congrats dear...but i'll hold my wishes till the time u tell us, that u have the pp with visa granted....

im sooo relieved after hearing this :)[/quote

Hi anyone has lucy2011 contact mail pls

SAMISPOUSAL
India

english test

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:58 pm

hi
you are refering to englidh test..

i am sponsoring my wife, spousal from India..she has a LLB law degree from UNIV in english medium ...so will that be enough to avoid english test ?

some one said she should still do english test becuse her 12 th std schooling was in marathi and not in english ...have you had any experience about this ?

how was the experience at the airport when landing IF YOU DO NOT DO THE ENGLISH TEST IN INDIA AND if your english is a bit weak ???

should i ask my wife to go for ENG test even though she has LLB law degree in English medium. because her eng is weak and her 12th std schooling was not in english and we are in danger of PERHAPS the ECO may not see LLB law as of enough high level even though the cert does say bachelor of LAWs ?
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:19 pm

angie36 wrote:hi Just to give you all another update,

Hy husband went to the BHC with his passport at 8.30 this morning, they told him to wait until 3pm. At 3pm the passport was handed back with the visa inside.

Thanks to everyone for all your help and advise, this forum is so helpful..
angie36..

Congratulations..! Have a great time ahead.. :D

Best Wishes & Regards,

Neeraj
8 May 2012 - Applied @ VFS Jalandhar
9 May 2012- Forwarded to BHC New Delhi
18 July 2012- Sent back to VFS.
19 July 2012- Ready for collection & VISA GRANTED.. !!!

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:29 pm

sKAUR wrote:Hi al this is my last post on this forum.as I have found my husband soon to be ex husbandhax only married me to get a visa and never had no intention to support mu children or have any hand in bringing up.my kids from my previous marriage. I am so glad I woke up to this before he got here and it was to late. Furthermore I now thank the british high commission for refusing him it was a god send thanks everyone though god bye
heay sKAUR,

This is really shocking..! I could understand how eagerly you were waiting for your husband's visa. But as you say it is good if there is no intention to support you and your children. God always do right things, we realise it sooner or later.
I really wish you still get all the happiness in your life. Best wishes are always with you.

Take Care..

Warm Regards
8 May 2012 - Applied @ VFS Jalandhar
9 May 2012- Forwarded to BHC New Delhi
18 July 2012- Sent back to VFS.
19 July 2012- Ready for collection & VISA GRANTED.. !!!

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:07 pm

drabhishek82 wrote:
drabhishek82 wrote: Hi sraz
Hi everyone,

Is anyone in the same situation as us ? Can anyone tell me how many days UKBA might take to give a decision . We have been waiting so long and it's difficult being apart.

Thanks
Here it is

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

My wife had also applied on 4th Oct at VFS Chennai. Going by sraz's timelines i guess we should know something by 20 Jan. But, keep in mind theirs was a re-application in Sep.

The processing time states out of the 11 applications filed only 36% were processed in 60days. 45% in 90 days and 100% by 120 days.

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:54 pm

neerajverma wrote:
sKAUR wrote:Hi al this is my last post on this forum.as I have found my husband soon to be ex husbandhax only married me to get a visa and never had no intention to support mu children or have any hand in bringing up.my kids from my previous marriage. I am so glad I woke up to this before he got here and it was to late. Furthermore I now thank the british high commission for refusing him it was a god send thanks everyone though god bye
heay sKAUR,

This is really shocking..! I could understand how eagerly you were waiting for your husband's visa. But as you say it is good if there is no intention to support you and your children. God always do right things, we realise it sooner or later.
I really wish you still get all the happiness in your life. Best wishes are always with you.

Take Care..

Huhhh I have no idea when did I write this I had my laptop stolen bout a month ago literally got it back now.a few of my accounts were hacked but neway.

Congrats to afsha I hoping the same happsenz for Deepak. My deadline is up now dont know whether he should call them I have email ed them recently but o response

Warm Regards
applied:vfs new dehli 01/05/12
application under process at bhc dehli 01/02/12
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012
ecm to respond by the 09/01/2013
Visa refusal decision upheld by ecm
Appeal hearing 03/04/2013
Visa stamped on 20th may 2013

srik_1983

Post by srik_1983 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:55 pm

The UKBA Website says this
If we have taken more than 15 working days (for non-settlement visas) or 3 months (for settlement visas) to process your application, and we have not published a news story to explain the delay, you can email the VFS call centre, who will forward your email to us for reply. You can find their contact details on the VFS Global in India website.
Link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

The page which states visa processing times does not always load, so not sure what the latest processing times are.

drabhishek82 wrote:
rsathish wrote:

Thanks.

Hi sraz

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:55 pm

My mp had said to me a while ago if i need him to represent my case he would not side how he could help now.
applied:vfs new dehli 01/05/12
application under process at bhc dehli 01/02/12
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012
ecm to respond by the 09/01/2013
Visa refusal decision upheld by ecm
Appeal hearing 03/04/2013
Visa stamped on 20th may 2013

drabhishek82
Newly Registered

Post by drabhishek82 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:41 am

srik_1983 wrote:The UKBA Website says this
If we have taken more than 15 working days (for non-settlement visas) or 3 months (for settlement visas) to process your application, and we have not published a news story to explain the delay, you can email the VFS call centre, who will forward your email to us for reply. You can find their contact details on the VFS Global in India website.
Link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

The page which states visa processing times does not always load, so not sure what the latest processing times are.

drabhishek82 wrote:

rsathish wrote:

Thanks.

Hi sraz

Thanks guys,

it's 58th day today.. Hopefully hear by Friday 4th Jan, else will ask my wife to email BHC, may be due to the holiday season there's some delay.

drabhishek82
Newly Registered

Post by drabhishek82 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 am

rsathish wrote:
drabhishek82 wrote:
drabhishek82 wrote: Hi sraz
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Here it is

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

My wife had also applied on 4th Oct at VFS Chennai. Going by sraz's timelines i guess we should know something by 20 Jan. But, keep in mind theirs was a re-application in Sep.

The processing time states out of the 11 applications filed only 36% were processed in 60days. 45% in 90 days and 100% by 120 days.
Hey rsatish,

We applied in Bangalore VFS which was fwded to Chennai BHC, the stats for Bangalore says different, anyways I hope we hear from them soon and our wifes can come over.... it's getting hard by the day to live apart.