ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RONY.DARWESH
Newly Registered

Re: second application take same time 6 month or....?

Post by RONY.DARWESH » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:31 pm

diane wrote:Hi Rony

At what month during the first application they refused you?On the sixth month itself? It has been five months on the dot for me now and still haven't received news except for the coa with rights to work in October. I am so afraid after having to wait this long...my application gets rejected.

And yes if a fresh new application is sent, it will still take up to six month.

RONY.DARWESH wrote:hi guys,
i applied for eea2 application 6 month ago i have refused . 2 week ago i applied for a new EEA2 second application ,its mean second application take same time 6 month or....?
thanks,
i refused in october

amie1231

Post by amie1231 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:18 pm

I can't believe I hv still not got my RC after 6 and half months.i applied on 14th June 2012(18th UKBA received) COA 21st Sept 2012.
No RC after 6 and half months. I hv phone and solicitor sent letters several times they still tell me I shd wait and no reply to emails or letters. What is happening there???
Hi I am new to this site and I believe that your answers to my post will really help me out as i am in a state of confusion just now...

efimmike

Post by efimmike » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:03 pm

amie1231 wrote:I can't believe I hv still not got my RC after 6 and half months.i applied on 14th June 2012(18th UKBA received) COA 21st Sept 2012.
No RC after 6 and half months. I hv phone and solicitor sent letters several times they still tell me I shd wait and no reply to emails or letters. What is happening there???
i don't think HO is respecting the 6 months deadline, i don't know why it is taking them ages to make a decision on very straight foward applications like these. We re becoming helpless because even solicitors can't do anything but wait for HO to make the decisions at their convenience. i will suggest we keep calling. Good luck to all of us.

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:58 am

ok i heard from some one that home office counts the 6 months start date from the date your coa is issued so i am not sure what is true so if its like that good luck to every one and lets hope for the best.
and happy new year every one have a great time and hope for good news in 2013.
hmmmmm

i forgot my SIGNATURE :)

amie1231

Post by amie1231 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:26 am

I received my COA 3months after they received my application mate maybe u got ur's couple of days after that is why u're comfortably saying that; if so then 9months it's gonna be my waiting time after application. Who wanna wait for nearly one year for a straight forward application ??It is clearly stated on COA ''6months after application date, employer has to fu**ing ask for your residence card'' because decision shd be made by then.HO is breaking EU rules while telling employers to worry you while they haven't sent us fu**ing nothing.How bad is that!!
ahmad_785 wrote:ok i heard from some one that home office counts the 6 months start date from the date your coa is issued so i am not sure what is true so if its like that good luck to every one and lets hope for the best.
and happy new year every one have a great time and hope for good news in 2013.
Hi I am new to this site and I believe that your answers to my post will really help me out as i am in a state of confusion just now...

Kixmug

Post by Kixmug » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:16 pm

Am in the same spot like you Guys😁...!
I called them last week and one of the fool told me. you sir must wait😁!
I was like, Oi! Have been waiting for almost 31 weeks.
Yet the by law you must make a decision within 26 weeks timeline.
Then. His like am sorry I can help you and hanged up😁...!

My timelines is as follows:
EEA2 application sent: 29/05/2012
EEA2 Application received : 30/05/2012
COA received: 28/09/2012 (Dated 29/08/2012)
RC: ..?????

Mr. Ali

Post by Mr. Ali » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 am

I think we should do some sort of protest

Kixmug

Post by Kixmug » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:15 am

I really think we should!!!

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:16 am

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share a experience with you with travelling with my EEA2 for the very first time.

I was travelling with my wife to Germany for Christmas. I did not have time to apply for the German visa, so me and my wife tried to enter Germany on the account that I was a spouse of a EEA national, entering for a short stay in the country.

WHILE LEAVING THE UK
================
The airline told us that we are boarding the flight on our own risk, as they were not aware of any rule that a non-EEA could enter a EEA country without a visa. (Even though the embassy said we could) I told the lady, we would take our chances.
While entering Germany, my wife was quizzed a little bit, but no major hurdles and we entered Germany without a problem. We showed him our two passports and marriage certificate.

WHILE ENTERING BACK INTO UK
======================
While leaving Germany, the custom officer stopped us for a long time, trying to determine why I was in the country without a visa, and why was my passport not stamped when I entered the country. He also said he had never seen a EEA2 RC ever in his life, and then he went on to take the passport to his colleague, and they whispered a little bit, and he said he had never seen this type of UK RC before, but his colleague confirmed it was legit. He then asked my wife a few questions, etc.
When entering UK, ofcourse there were no problems.

Hope this helps.
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:20 am

Thanks for posting, it would be good if you shared your experiencehere

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:29 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Thanks for posting, it would be good if you shared your experiencehere
Oh ok, sorry about that, will keep it in mind for the next time.
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi people,
Please is there any other way I could confirm if the home office have actually Recieved my application besides tracking with Royalmail ? I just wanna double sure since one doesn't get acknowledgement of receipt from then quite early. The printed name on Royalmail"s proof of delivery says "NAT" is that the home office?

Am sorry for sounding really funny but this thing makes me go through anxiety

ElMa
Newly Registered

Document translation

Post by ElMa » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi everybody! I haven't found a special topic here re documents for RC (if it exists, please give me a link). Anyway may I ask you here :oops:, most of you have already sent the documents.
We have a french marriage certificate, and it must be surely translated before applying. Can I do it myself or it should be a certified translation? Please advise.

ravii

Post by ravii » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:25 pm

ELMA....it should be certified translated copy and you need to sent this certified copy with the original certificate along with your application.
Best regards

ElMa
Newly Registered

Post by ElMa » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:22 pm

ravii wrote:ELMA....it should be certified translated copy and you need to sent this certified copy with the original certificate along with your application.
Thank you Ravii! So I should find a person who has a right to translate and certify the accuracy of the translation?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:29 pm

ElMa wrote:
ravii wrote:ELMA....it should be certified translated copy and you need to sent this certified copy with the original certificate along with your application.
Thank you Ravii! So I should find a person who has a right to translate and certify the accuracy of the translation?
See also this advice by Stefan-TR.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:21 pm

craxy1102 wrote: Oh ok, sorry about that, will keep it in mind for the next time.
It's not a problem and thanks for posting your experience.

ElMa
Newly Registered

Post by ElMa » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Jambo wrote: See also this advice by Stefan-TR.
Jambo, thank you so much, I am happy!! I have such copy of certificate :D Now I am just trying to find out, if this paper has a duration period, cos it was issued in August 2012.

fahad346

Post by fahad346 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:02 am

biggybountz wrote:Hi people,
Please is there any other way I could confirm if the home office have actually Recieved my application besides tracking with Royalmail ? I just wanna double sure since one doesn't get acknowledgement of receipt from then quite early. The printed name on Royalmail"s proof of delivery says "NAT" is that the home office?

Am sorry for sounding really funny but this thing makes me go through anxiety
No need to worry abt because i also have a proof of receipt and its showing name ''NAT'' and sign. i think they are defntly HO.

I submitted on 11/12/12 and they received on 12/12/12 and still waiting for COA

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:07 am

@fahad346

Thanks so much for your response, atleast I am more relaxed with that now, :D ...Thanks alot

and also, everyone worrying like me will know now that if proof of delicery says "NAT" its certainly the HO

Have a nice day ahead....

diane

Great news!

Post by diane » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:53 am

Dear forum mates

I have great news to share with you. After an agonizing 5 months and 1 week of waiting, my RC has came through the post yesterday!!!!!!!!

I applied under the unmarried partner category.

First application submitted : 22 May 2012
PSW visa expire : 28 May 2012
Follow up letter asking for COA : 2 July
Application sent back from HO requesting more documents : 6 July
More documents as requested and new application form sent again : 28 July
COA received with rights to work : 14 October
Follow up letter 1 and email: 16 November
Follow up letter 2 and email: 10 December
RC arrived : 3 January 2013

The stamp date was 11 December 2012! I guess I was unfortunate that perhaps during that time, the whole despatch department went on holiday!

Supporting documents submitted:
1. EEA employment letter endorsed by HR and provided business cards both HR department and EEA with 3 months payslip
2. My employment contract with 3 months payslip
3. Holiday photos covering 2-3 years
4. Joint tenancy agreement 3 years
5. Joint bank statement 1.5 years
6. EEA bank statement 1.5 years
7. Flight tickets together covering 2 years
8. Testimonial from a family member as a witness to our relationship
9. My covering letter detailing the start of our relationship, where we traveled, our future intentions to get married and continue living in the UK signed by both parties and a family member as a witness.

I wish you guys all the best and I believe following up with HO after 4.5 weeks would help in ensuring they are still working on your application. Email and letter works best I think. Nobody ever answers the phone.

Happy new year to all :)

pilayo
Newly Registered

Post by pilayo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:09 am

Hi Diane

Congrats for the RC!!!!

I mine was received on 4-9-12
Coa received 16-10-12

Now four months after I'm asking for passports back on 3-1-13

Could you please tell me where did you sent this ( email and postal address)
"Follow up letter and 1 email "

Thanks a lot!!!!!

diane

Post by diane » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:54 am

Emails was sent to the liverpool passport return email address and letters was sent to the same address as the application in liverpool. Make sure you quote your case reference number in the letter.

Oh also, it could help if your eea sponsor sends the letter
pilayo wrote:Hi Diane

Congrats for the RC!!!!

I mine was received on 4-9-12
Coa received 16-10-12

Now four months after I'm asking for passports back on 3-1-13

Could you please tell me where did you sent this ( email and postal address)
"Follow up letter and 1 email "

Thanks a lot!!!!!

azdjani2012
Mood:

go on diane

Post by azdjani2012 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:23 pm

congrd,, diane, and wish u gud luck. i will wait this week next week ill send email and letters its almost 5 month n 1 week now i think am the only one july whoz waiting now 😔 plz guys prayer for me.

thanks

diane

Re: go on diane

Post by diane » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:40 pm

Have you sent follow up mails and emails before?You should be receiving this week I am sure.

I see a trend that most cases if you have CoA with rights to work, you stand a better chance...Good luck guys

azdjani2012 wrote:congrd,, diane, and wish u gud luck. i will wait this week next week ill send email and letters its almost 5 month n 1 week now i think am the only one july whoz waiting now 😔 plz guys prayer for me.

thanks