ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

guri_78

PEO appointment

Post by guri_78 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:19 am

Hi,

What is best way/time to book PEO appointment. I am unsuccessfully trying to book it from last 3-4 days. I tried between 12 midnight - 1AM, around 4:30AM and lots of times during day but always found no appointment available.

UKBA website appeared crashing always around midnight.

I nee to book anything date from 5th Feb and would prefer Solihull.

Please advice.

Regards

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:41 am

You can only book an appointment 42 days in advance via HO website. So if you are checking now, it will only show you all the appts available till 13th feb.I booked Solihull 2 weeks ago around 1.30am so recommend try around that time

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:15 am

So, If I try to book it tomorrow 3rd jan at around 12:30/1:00AM, will 14th Feb be the 42nd day????

I think I should try to book for 42nd day instead of any other day....isnt it?
Gagan1986 wrote:You can only book an appointment 42 days in advance via HO website. So if you are checking now, it will only show you all the appts available till 13th feb.I booked Solihull 2 weeks ago around 1.30am so recommend try around that time

xanadu808
Newly Registered

Post by xanadu808 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:37 am

Dear All,

I have fortunately just found this website- however unfortunately after reading the threads on the stress of applying for ILR Set(O) by post I am now nclined to apply at a PEO (initially I wanted to save the extra money).

HOWEVER my leave expires on 4 Feb and I am unable to find any appointments via UKBA online until after that date. This is a stupid question but I'm guessing this leaves me no choice but to apply by post, right? Can anyone confirm that there are no other alternatives in this case, or alternative means of acquiring a PEO appt?

Many many thanks in advance!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 am

xanadu808 wrote:HOWEVER my leave expires on 4 Feb and I am unable to find any appointments via UKBA online until after that date. This is a stupid question but I'm guessing this leaves me no choice but to apply by post, right? Can anyone confirm that there are no other alternatives in this case, or alternative means of acquiring a PEO appt?
The only options available are:

1) Apply by post
2) Apply in person at a PEO using the premium service
3) Apply using the Super Premium Service - Very costly. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... r-premium/

There are those who manage to find PEO appointments at short notice via a solicitor, but you would have to pay for the service.

Note that there are cancellations which appear at various times during the day, so you may be able to find a suitable appointment if you search at random times during the day yourself.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:35 am

Try booking for your type/dependents at ANY PEO at any suitable date. Once you have one booked, you can always 'reschedule' to suit your date/location (depending on availability), which is a quicker process than creating a new appointment.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

guri_78

Re: PEO appointment

Post by guri_78 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:43 am

What is the info required to fill after you see any date available.....I asking so that I keep that info ready and fill it once I see the date....
guri_78 wrote:Hi,

What is best way/time to book PEO appointment. I am unsuccessfully trying to book it from last 3-4 days. I tried between 12 midnight - 1AM, around 4:30AM and lots of times during day but always found no appointment available.

Please advice.

Regards

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:58 am

You can also check through the day for cancelled appointments between now and 42 days from now. Some people seem lucky, but the majority get their appointments at midnight.

Information needed after getting an appointment is Main Applicant First Name, Main Applicant Surname, Main Applicant Date of Birth (using the same calendar control as on the initial form) and then the same information for each dependent.

It seems stupid that you only give this information afterwards as I'm sure they have my name and date of birth.

EDIT: Oh and a stupid reCaptcha that kept tripping me up - it was the main reason I didn't get the first few times I attempted to get an appointment.

xanadu808
Newly Registered

Post by xanadu808 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Ok cheers guys- wow Super Premium is very costly!!

Also just to make sure I'd actually be eligible for Premium in Person/PEO as I'm a little unclear- I'm applying for Set(O) from the now closed Work Permit category. The info page for Premium Service at a PEO does not include 'Work permit' anywhere on the permitted categories allowed to utilize this service.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... oservices/

I've had friends in the past apply for ILR Set (O) (work permit) in person at a PEO in the past but it isn't specifically listed. ??

Thanks again

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:18 pm

The only SET(O) applications that can't be made in-person at a PEO are listed on the form and SET(O) guidance as follows:

The premium service is not available for applications as a businessperson, innovator, investor, selfemployed lawyer, Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant or Tier 1 (Investor) migrant or on the grounds of long residence.

Therefore you should be fine applying in-person as a old Work Permit Holder.

ilpind
Newly Registered

PEO Appointment

Post by ilpind » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:31 pm

xanadu808 wrote:Have you tried tonight already? Anyway, there are no easier ways, but to keep trying. Login at about 5 or 10 minutes before midnight, and keep refreshing using F5 key on your keyboard if using a desktop or laptop. I don't believe you will get anything after 1am. The portal is busiest at those times. Hence the error messages you will get. Ignore and keep refreshing. The key is to keep trying.

It is very hard to find new appointment and takes lots of effort, because many people attempts to book on website at same time midnight,
but if you want to allow me to catch any cancellations for you during daytime, please contact me: expresult@inbox c0m

Please help me with this. For the last 2 weeks I am trying to book a PEO appointment for Feb or March but system shows no slots left. I have tried this in the mid night and during the normal hours but every time I am getting the same message. I can understand that there might not be any slots left for January but surely I can book for Feb or March.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

PEO Appointment

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:51 pm

ilpind wrote:I am trying to book a PEO appointment for Feb or March but system shows no slots left.
[url=http://londonseye.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/how-to-book-peo-appointment-comments.html#more]How to book PEO appointment[/url] wrote:Its better use Google chrome to use for booking. why? i dunno !I felt its better than Firefox for this purpose.

STEP 1 - Only for those who trying at midnight. Others can skip to STEP 2.
Time: 11.55 - 11.58
open chrome and open three tabs. do the following steps on two tabs:

1) Log in to UKBA booking page
2) Which service are you applying for?* Select the form you need [set (O) or m or FLR or whatever] from the drop down menu click next.

3) Are you applying using the premium service?* Select "Yes" for the premium service
4)How many dependents did you include on your application?* Select "1 or 2 or ..." from drop down for dependent and click next.

5) I am available from --leave it blank . Then it will show even if they have date for next day. but if you really need to add a date, you can try with any date.
6)I am available until -- Leave it blank. But if you really need to add a date try the date put a date after 44 days or 45 but not before 43 days. Try this link to Calculate days
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html
7) I am available on the following days of the week : All
8) I am available at the following time: Anytime
9) Select up to three convenient locations* pick three you want and *****DON'T CLICK NEXT******

Do the same on another tab or in another browser (could be better. because they may change it again) before 11.58. Open another tab and just go to UKBA website. this tab is just for the purpose of checking website availability. You don't have to log in . If you log in doesn't make any difference.
NOW wait ... don't do any thing till 12.00. When the clock chimes at 12.00, start refresh UKBA website.Yea , that's the third tab. I am pretty sure you will get a message saying website is temporarily unavailable. for some reason, they always down at 12.00.
Keep refreshing, and refreshing, and refreshing........12.02....keep refreshing.....wait! is that the website loading? If the answer is YES go to first OR second tab you made it ready from STEP 1 AND CLICK NEXT.
you are pressing NEXT button the moment after the website is up . So most probably you are going to see a lot of slots. Click anyone of them you need and CLICK NEXT. if you see next page asking for personal details then you are through..not fully though..

STEP 2
But Relax.....you have time for the next step.
In this page you are going to type main applicant's first name, Surname, Date Of Birth . Type the same if you have any dependent. and WAIT................and refresh the third Tab again to see whether the website is still up. If it is still up, Click next.

What happens if you click next straightway?
A) if you are really lucky will go through and the site will display a message that you have booked your appointment. i suggest this only to people with no dependent visa applicants. NO offence mate, you wont have enough time to type all these and click next and the website process it and get back to you with a slot allocation. But if you do, get a euro million straightaway, you might win it.
B) the website will down and whatever you type will lost. You cant go back with <<Back<< Button since October 1st. [may be you can. but it didn't work for me].

So we typed everything about applicants and waiting .Go to third tab we were checking website connection and refresh to see if there is connection. Wait until there is connection again . The moment you see the site loading, click next on first tab [one that you filled with your details] to book a slot. IF there is no connection. wait and keep refresh....it might take a minute or five but please wait until you get that site up.

If you see the site coming back up , go to first tab and click on next to get the slot. If there is some one already does the same, then one who click first gets the slot.
THEN GO TO second tab and click on next. IF you don't get first tab on time, you probably going to see some slots in second tab and do the process in STEP 2.

NB:
1) you most probably get first tab done. But now you know how many of you going to do the same trick after reading this :). If you don't get any slot , please don't type any swearing words here...

2) Some time you will get a mail confirming your slot. but you cant see it in your account. In that case you better book another one or call UKBA to confirm booking. So once you get your slot, please log in to the website and confirm it is in your account. if you cant find your appointment in your account mail to : applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to confirm your appointment.

3) If you have a friend with second pc/Laptop just to refresh UKBA site, YOu dont have to change tabs all the time and it will help to get a slot faster...Just a sugestion!

4) I am just like you with not much knowledge about immigration but may be with a bit Web programming knowledge. So please don't ask me any immigration doubts. If you have any, please try:
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

antouk

some more suggestions

Post by antouk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:15 pm

I managed to book couple of appointments last week.

few more pointers:
1. Try to use chrome, its faster.
2. Use back refresh button followed by back button to reload the page - This saves your time.
3. Open two types of browsers(i prefer one of them to be chrome).
4. Keep one of the tab open just to check the availability of the website.

Some bits on filling the forms after you get the appointment date:

It is a good to try any time of the day and fill the entire form data once and let the browser cache the data. Do not restrict yourself with the date, coz you can cancel it if you book an appointment by mistake.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: some more suggestions

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:33 pm

antouk wrote:I managed to book couple of appointments last week.
How did it allow you to book more than one appointment?

guri_78

Re: PEO Appointment

Post by guri_78 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Thanks guys.....Lets see if it works for me tonight....fingers crossed!!
Damanisshallo wrote:
ilpind wrote:I am trying to book a PEO appointment for Feb or March but system shows no slots left.
[url=http://londonseye.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/how-to-book-peo-appointment-comments.html#more]How to book PEO appointment[/url] wrote:Its better use Google chrome to use for booking. why? i dunno !I felt its better than Firefox for this purpose.

STEP 1 - Only for those who trying at midnight. Others can skip to STEP 2.
Time: 11.55 - 11.58
open chrome and open three tabs. do the following steps on two tabs:

1) Log in to UKBA booking page
2) Which service are you applying for?* Select the form you need [set (O) or m or FLR or whatever] from the drop down menu click next.

3) Are you applying using the premium service?* Select "Yes" for the premium service
4)How many dependents did you include on your application?* Select "1 or 2 or ..." from drop down for dependent and click next.

5) I am available from --leave it blank . Then it will show even if they have date for next day. but if you really need to add a date, you can try with any date.
6)I am available until -- Leave it blank. But if you really need to add a date try the date put a date after 44 days or 45 but not before 43 days. Try this link to Calculate days
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html
7) I am available on the following days of the week : All
8) I am available at the following time: Anytime
9) Select up to three convenient locations* pick three you want and *****DON'T CLICK NEXT******

Do the same on another tab or in another browser (could be better. because they may change it again) before 11.58. Open another tab and just go to UKBA website. this tab is just for the purpose of checking website availability. You don't have to log in . If you log in doesn't make any difference.
NOW wait ... don't do any thing till 12.00. When the clock chimes at 12.00, start refresh UKBA website.Yea , that's the third tab. I am pretty sure you will get a message saying website is temporarily unavailable. for some reason, they always down at 12.00.
Keep refreshing, and refreshing, and refreshing........12.02....keep refreshing.....wait! is that the website loading? If the answer is YES go to first OR second tab you made it ready from STEP 1 AND CLICK NEXT.
you are pressing NEXT button the moment after the website is up . So most probably you are going to see a lot of slots. Click anyone of them you need and CLICK NEXT. if you see next page asking for personal details then you are through..not fully though..

STEP 2
But Relax.....you have time for the next step.
In this page you are going to type main applicant's first name, Surname, Date Of Birth . Type the same if you have any dependent. and WAIT................and refresh the third Tab again to see whether the website is still up. If it is still up, Click next.

What happens if you click next straightway?
A) if you are really lucky will go through and the site will display a message that you have booked your appointment. i suggest this only to people with no dependent visa applicants. NO offence mate, you wont have enough time to type all these and click next and the website process it and get back to you with a slot allocation. But if you do, get a euro million straightaway, you might win it.
B) the website will down and whatever you type will lost. You cant go back with <<Back<< Button since October 1st. [may be you can. but it didn't work for me].

So we typed everything about applicants and waiting .Go to third tab we were checking website connection and refresh to see if there is connection. Wait until there is connection again . The moment you see the site loading, click next on first tab [one that you filled with your details] to book a slot. IF there is no connection. wait and keep refresh....it might take a minute or five but please wait until you get that site up.

If you see the site coming back up , go to first tab and click on next to get the slot. If there is some one already does the same, then one who click first gets the slot.
THEN GO TO second tab and click on next. IF you don't get first tab on time, you probably going to see some slots in second tab and do the process in STEP 2.

NB:
1) you most probably get first tab done. But now you know how many of you going to do the same trick after reading this :). If you don't get any slot , please don't type any swearing words here...

2) Some time you will get a mail confirming your slot. but you cant see it in your account. In that case you better book another one or call UKBA to confirm booking. So once you get your slot, please log in to the website and confirm it is in your account. if you cant find your appointment in your account mail to : applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to confirm your appointment.

3) If you have a friend with second pc/Laptop just to refresh UKBA site, YOu dont have to change tabs all the time and it will help to get a slot faster...Just a sugestion!

4) I am just like you with not much knowledge about immigration but may be with a bit Web programming knowledge. So please don't ask me any immigration doubts. If you have any, please try:

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:03 pm

Guri - just keep trying. I tried several nights just to "get the feel for it". Ultimately I didn't take appointments at first, because I wanted to get an appointment within 28 days of the expiry of my current visa, but in hindsight, I should have just taken it when I saw them. It took a few nights of "trying for real" before I managed to get it.

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks mulderpf......I am trying continuously for any date and will then change it to keep it within 28 days....
mulderpf wrote:Guri - just keep trying. I tried several nights just to "get the feel for it". Ultimately I didn't take appointments at first, because I wanted to get an appointment within 28 days of the expiry of my current visa, but in hindsight, I should have just taken it when I saw them. It took a few nights of "trying for real" before I managed to get it.

antouk

Post by antouk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:34 pm

@mulderpf : You can have two login ids. I am applying for my family, so i have an id in my name and another id in my wife's name.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

bhossan100

Post by bhossan100 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi Xanadu808,
Please check your private message. I have left some information for you.[/quote]

xanadu808
Newly Registered

Post by xanadu808 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:34 am

I was able to book an appointment and it seems what they say is true- the cancelled appointments become free around 1-2am. I was also getting a lot of technical problems for a while and not able to even view the available bookings but I kept trying and it eventually came up.

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Finally I got one for Solihull for 11th Jan....but I need from 5th Feb...as seniors said that book whatever is there and its easy to change it after that.......So my query is.....when you reschedule the PEO appointment, will the current appointment got cancelled automatically once I got the new one ONLY....right?

I hope current will be got cancelled before I choose the new date???

I got this mesaage when i click on reschdule...

About rescheduling your appointment
If you choose to reschedule:
we will ask you to choose a new date, time and location;
we will automatically cancel your current appointment; and
you will not need to pay another fee.

Thanks

Please advice.

Regards

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:44 pm

guri_78 wrote:Finally I got one for Solihull for 11th Jan....but I need from 5th Feb...as seniors said that book whatever is there and its easy to change it after that.......So my query is.....when you reschedule the PEO appointment, will the current appointment got cancelled automatically once I got the new one ONLY....right?
Your first appointment will be cancelled ONLY IF the reschedule is successful.

If your reschedule is successful, you will get new confirmation email for your new appointment, and other email to confirm cancellation of the first one.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks mate....
wpilr_nov12 wrote:
guri_78 wrote:Finally I got one for Solihull for 11th Jan....but I need from 5th Feb...as seniors said that book whatever is there and its easy to change it after that.......So my query is.....when you reschedule the PEO appointment, will the current appointment got cancelled automatically once I got the new one ONLY....right?
Your first appointment will be cancelled ONLY IF the reschedule is successful.

If your reschedule is successful, you will get new confirmation email for your new appointment, and other email to confirm cancellation of the first one.

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Is it possible to book an appointment without dependants (0 dependent) and once the appointment is booked then add the dependants???

I have 2 deponents but there were few appointment available without dependent?? I thought to book it and then add the dependent but I dont know if it is possible?

Please advice.

Regards

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:42 pm

guri_78 wrote:Is it possible to book an appointment without dependants (0 dependent) and once the appointment is booked then add the dependants???

I have 2 deponents but there were few appointment available without dependent?? I thought to book it and then add the dependent but I dont know if it is possible?
Unfortunately, this isn't possible. You need to enter the number of dependants beforehand as they can't be added to an existing appointment later.