ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

traffic offenses

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abderrahim1302
Newly Registered

traffic offenses

Post by abderrahim1302 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Dear all,

I am applying for a British citizenship. I read in the AN guideline that we have to report any traffic offense. Actually, I received a letter from the police 8 months ago saying that I was over speed (37 miles instead of less than 36 miles). They offered me the possibility to attend "the speed awareness course", instead of getting a fixed penalty. I attended the course. Shall I mention this in the application form? If yes, shall I mention that I did the course?

Many thanks for all your help

Abderrahim

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:05 pm

The search function of the forum is a great tool.

Searching for "speed awareness" (one result of many).

abderrahim1302
Newly Registered

Post by abderrahim1302 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Thanks a lot Jambo. I understood from the link you mentioned that I won't need to mention it since I have done the course.

Another question please: I payed a penalty fee 15 months ago I think because by mistake I entered an area in the city center (oxford) which is reserved to bus and taxis. The problem is that I do not remember the date or what was the penalty called. What shall I do in this case?

Again many thanks

Abderrahim

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Driving in a bus lane in Oxford is considered PCN and as such doesn't need to be declared.