ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contacting UKBA after 6mths

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tulmac
Newly Registered

Contacting UKBA after 6mths

Post by tulmac » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi,

Have not heard anything after applying via NCS. When I reached the 6mth point I sent an email to ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk as per their website. Been over two weeks without a response.

Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes the UKBA to respond to these emails?

Are their any other ways to enquire if I go unanswered?

Thanks!

barnaby

Re: Contacting UKBA after 6mths

Post by barnaby » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:04 pm

tulmac wrote:Hi,

Have not heard anything after applying via NCS. When I reached the 6mth point I sent an email to ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk as per their website. Been over two weeks without a response.

Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes the UKBA to respond to these emails?

Thanks!
Please see this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#743356

The reason I posted that was to help other people avoid wasting their time by emailing the HO in these case. My wife's email was also ignored. Her letter (sent recorded delivery) was eventually answered, but only after our MP's enquiry was answered. Therefore, I would recommend contacting your MP as soon as possible. Apparently the HO has an "MPs' helpline", which is quite effective. Don't forget to give your MP permission to act on your behalf, or it will add several more weeks to the process.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:10 am

Thanks!
If you send an email to the above id, you'll receive an automated response that clearly states the below:

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AS YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANOTHER RESPONSE

So don't expect any response. However the email also contains the contains the below information

17. Enquiry not Covered
If you are still unable to find the answer to your enquiry then please submit your query to the following email address: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk.
Please provide a telephone number where we can contact you regarding your enquiry.

Alternatively if you would prefer to write to the UK Border Agency the address you should send your enquiry to is:

UK Border Agency
North West Region Correspondence Team
Department 16
PO Box 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:22 am

ban.s wrote:If you are still unable to find the answer to your enquiry then please submit your query to the following email address: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk.
ban.s is right. However, my wife's email to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk was ignored.

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:58 am

try emailing to below emailid it worked for few of my friends and u should receive reply within 3 working days.

Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Roney
Newly Registered

Post by Roney » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:17 pm

I think I should start preparing myself to deal with similar situation as mine will be 6 months on 20th Feb.
Previously when they had the phone lines you could atleast ask them if anything been sent to the address but now with the email its absolutely hopeless!

tulmac
Newly Registered

Post by tulmac » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Many thanks for the info. I've emailed the alternate UKBA address, the HO address and my local MP. Hopefully one responds! Cheers

BigSam

Any news?

Post by BigSam » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi tulmac,

Any news on your application? Hope you received your approval :wink:

Please update us!
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

tulmac
Newly Registered

Post by tulmac » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:25 am

Hi,

So it turns out that a letter was sent to my old address while I was sending them a change of address notice after moving...

I received the following response from the Citizenship Support email address on 4th Jan:

Thank you for you email, a decision has been made on your application a letter was sent to your previous address it was despatched before you sent in your new address detail received on the 16th October 2012.

A letter will be sent to you current address ion the next 10-14 days.

-----
So... I have been patiently checking the post for the last three weeks and nothing has come through. Hoping that given I am due to receive a letter from the "Citizenship Support" people, part of the HO, that its a positive response. Figure a negative response would originate from the UKBA.

Still waiting for the letter though!

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:03 am

Thanks for the update tulmac!

Do you remember vaguely when you moved from your old address? I am trying to establich a timeline of how long it took since you applied if possible.

You are right, it is positive to have received that email, I hope get the good news soon :wink:
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

tulmac
Newly Registered

Post by tulmac » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:20 am

Hi,

I think there was 3-4 weeks between moving and thinking to change my address with the UKBA. Just unfortunate that this is when the letter came. Application was initially made via NCS in late July

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi,

It sounds like a decision was made on your application around September then.

Thanks for the update again and hope you get your letter room.

Please keep us posted and good luck

ana ali

Post by ana ali » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:45 pm

what information about ur application u wrote in email to ukba to track the status of application.....

I think there was 3-4 weeks between moving and thinking to change my address with the UKBA. Just unfortunate that this is when the letter came. Application was initially made via NCS in late July

tulmac
Newly Registered

Post by tulmac » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:24 pm

The reference number supplied when I submitted

boldy3
Newly Registered

Post by boldy3 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:38 am

Some interesting information here. Does anybody know how accountable the NCS are? I suspect my partner's application for naturalisation was delayed because we had to correct a minor error on the form (absence day count incorrectly included dates of transit so totals did not correlate with passport).

Admittedly it was my own fault for making the original mistake when completing the form, but they took a good chunk of her money to check stuff like this. Surely they should have some means of rectifying this?

Application was originally submitted in April 2012, error was rectified in September and form re-sent but haven't heard a peep since. I too emailed FurtherNationalityEn@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk several times with no response, so will follow the advice on this thread and try Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, along with a letter to the local MP

khushi3
Newly Registered

Post by khushi3 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:59 pm

So it turns out that a letter was sent to my old address while I was sending them a change of address notice after moving...

I received the following response from the Citizenship Support email address on 4th Jan:

Thank you for you email, a decision has been made on your application a letter was sent to your previous address it was despatched before you sent in your new address detail received on the 16th October 2012.

A letter will be sent to you current address ion the next 10-14 days.

-----
So... I have been patiently checking the post for the last three weeks and nothing has come through. Hoping that given I am due to receive a letter from the "Citizenship Support" people, part of the HO, that its a positive response. Figure a negative response would originate from the UKBA.

Still waiting for the letter though!

hey tulmac do you received your document which was sent to old address frm HO. i am also same condition, my son document also went to old address but i did't get it until now it's been 1 month plus receving feedback frm ho