ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr approved 28/12/2012 with holidays above 180 (70 unpaid)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maliksab
Newly Registered

ilr approved 28/12/2012 with holidays above 180 (70 unpaid)

Post by maliksab » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:40 pm

just to share my experience of ilr with the route of 2yrs WP + 3yrs Tier1 general.

I had appointment on 28th of dec/2012 at 9:00am and got there 30 mins b4.

After security check, Caseworker (female) called me at around 9:00am.

She asked for life in uk, then business bank statements coz I am working on a contract job for the last 27months. Then she calculated my salary slips and dividend vouchers and then she checked those transactions in my personal account. And then she asked for hmrc corporation tax and then that’s all. And she said your ilr is approved subjected to payment (£1377 Fees) and Biometrics results.

Just to let you know I had holidays taken more than 180 in 5 years. Total holidays 214 and out of those 70 were unpaid but I didn’t mention unpaid for those of them. I just said got married and wedding reception and also didn’t put total no of holidays as form only asks about reason for holidays.

I intentionally used old set o form as it was allowed until 3/01/2012. I think caseworker didn’t realise that I had more than 180 holidays.

Document were asked as below,

Life in uk
Business bank statements
Payslips
Dividend vouchers
Accountant letter
Hmrc tax dcouments for corporation tax
Ltd company registeration.

shiva321

Re: ilr approved 28/12/2012 with holidays above 180 (70 unpa

Post by shiva321 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:16 pm

maliksab wrote:just to share my experience of ilr with the route of 2yrs WP + 3yrs Tier1 general.

She asked for life in uk, then business bank statements coz I am working on a contract job for the last 27months. Then she calculated my salary slips and dividend vouchers and then she checked those transactions in my personal account. And then she asked for hmrc corporation tax and then that’s all. And she said your ilr is approved subjected to payment (£1377 Fees) and Biometrics results.

Just to let you know I had holidays taken more than 180 in 5 years. Total holidays 214 and out of those 70 were unpaid but I didn’t mention unpaid for those of them. I just said got married and wedding reception and also didn’t put total no of holidays as form only asks about reason for holidays.

I intentionally used old set o form as it was allowed until 3/01/2012. I think caseworker didn’t realise that I had more than 180 holidays.

Life in uk
Business bank statements
Payslips
Dividend vouchers
Accountant letter
Congratulations.

But why did you use the old form? whats wrong with new one (sorry I dont know much details except that 180 days annual stay out of country is allowed instead of 90).

And didn't she ask any old P60 documents/payslips/bankstatements for last 5 years?

Thanks

thatsy

Post by thatsy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am

Congratulations.

I hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions.

Were the 70 unpaid leaves continuous? What is the maximum number of days you were outside the UK and your reason for it?

Thanks.

psTier1

Re: ilr approved 28/12/2012 with holidays above 180 (70 unpa

Post by psTier1 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:05 am

maliksab wrote:just to share my experience of ilr with the route of 2yrs WP + 3yrs Tier1 general.

Life in uk
Business bank statements
Payslips
Dividend vouchers
Accountant letter
Congrats .... Couple of questions -
1. If you are getting salary and dividend from your ltd company then why she asked for business bank statements? Personal bank statements should be enough. right?
2. Why she asked for corp tax? P60 or self assessment tax receipt should be required. right?
3. Did you mention "self employed" or "employee" in your form?
please confirm.

xanadu808
Newly Registered

Post by xanadu808 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:02 am

Congratulations on your success!

Can someone clarify the 180 days rule for ILR evidence for calculating a continuous period in the UK?

I'm reading (or perhaps, misinterpreting) contradicting evidence on both the forum and official documentation re: the allowance. Is it 180 days total in the entire 5 year qualifying period, or 180 days per year?

I have 230 days racked up over the 5 year period (WP). Additionally, 18 of those days were for work related trips leaving me at 212 days. I am allowed 27 days paid annual leave per annum. If I'm likely to get rejected I should probably apply for Tier 2 instead!

Many thanks in advance once again guys.

Hottie
Newly Registered

Post by Hottie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:07 pm

The new rule that came into effect on the 13th of Dec allows 180 days in any 12 consecutive month. And it applies to all future apllication and all outstanding applications that have not been decided on or after the 13th of December.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:46 pm

xanadu808 wrote:Congratulations on your success!

Can someone clarify the 180 days rule for ILR evidence for calculating a continuous period in the UK?

I'm reading (or perhaps, misinterpreting) contradicting evidence on both the forum and official documentation re: the allowance. Is it 180 days total in the entire 5 year qualifying period, or 180 days per year?

I have 230 days racked up over the 5 year period (WP). Additionally, 18 of those days were for work related trips leaving me at 212 days. I am allowed 27 days paid annual leave per annum. If I'm likely to get rejected I should probably apply for Tier 2 instead!

Many thanks in advance once again guys.
The first step would be to read the latest immigration rules and guidance on continuous residence. URL links have been provided in many threads and also in the updated ILR FAQ sticky thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

Just calculating your total absences for the entire 5 years is no longer sufficient. What I have suggested in the following thread would also apply to you - I.e. how to calculate your absences: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=121983

Once you have done this calculation, you would be able to determine whether you meet the continuous residence requirement to qualify for ILR or not.

NT_2012
Newly Registered

Post by NT_2012 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi MalikSab,

Did you make a table for the number of absences (like everyone suggests)?

Thanks

N

clark24
Newly Registered

Post by clark24 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:30 am

congratulation on your success guyes.. Thanx for experience share with us...