ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form for my son - please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

DayDream

MN1 form for my son - please help

Post by DayDream » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi All

Iam in the process of registering my son as British under section 3(1).

I have following questions from MN1 form, please help!!

Section 1.3 - Child has indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Date granted

My child was born in the UK and he was not included in our ILR application. In this case, what should be filled in for this question?

Section 1.9 - Present nationality

I hold an Indian passport, but since my child’s birth he was not registered with the high commission. I assume, he hasn’t got a nationality at the moment? So what should be filled in for this question?

Section 2.1 - Date and place of first arrival.

Given my child was born in the UK and he has never travelled outside of UK since his birth, what should be filled in for this question?

Thanks.

downlights

Post by downlights » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:16 pm

You'd be applying under 1(3) if he was born here, so section 2.1 is not required. Leave blank or n/a.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:38 pm

The search function of the forum is a great tool.

Searching for ״present nationality" and also here (and you get an answer to 1.3 as a bonus).

DayDream

Post by DayDream » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:52 am

Jambo wrote:The search function of the forum is a great tool.

Searching for ״present nationality" and also here (and you get an answer to 1.3 as a bonus).
Thanks jambo, but I'm not completely convinced that my childs present nationality will be based upon my current nationality. This is true if we registered his birth at the Indian high commission, but he's not registered yet.

So can I leave it blank where it asks for present nationality? ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:28 am

DayDream wrote:So can I leave it blank where it asks for present nationality? ?
You can do whatever you wish to do. I advise you to put Indian even if he has not registered with HCI.

DayDream

Post by DayDream » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:35 pm

Jambo wrote:
DayDream wrote:So can I leave it blank where it asks for present nationality? ?
You can do whatever you wish to do. I advise you to put Indian even if he has not registered with HCI.
Thanks jambo, after careful consideration I have decided to put him down as Indian ;)