ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa national - COA to enter back into the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

keloid

Visa national - COA to enter back into the UK

Post by keloid » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi guys,

Here's my situation...

I'm a non-EEA national (married to an EU citizen) and I'm also a non-visa national.

Applied for an EEA2 residence card - COA has been issued but RC won't be issued for a while yet I suspect.

I'm currently still in the UK and I have had my passport returned to me (without RC of course).

I want to travel out of the UK for a couple of weeks.

Will I be able to re-enter the UK with my COA? (My EEA Family Permit has expired).

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Your title says "visa national". Your text says "non-visa". Which one is the correct one?

Non-visa national - not an issue. Use the CoA to enter. Keep your marriage certificate and a copy of your partner passport in the hand luggage as a backup.

Visa national - you will face difficulties getting on a flight.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:36 pm

BTW - have you recently lose your British citizenship?

sofia.d.c

Post by sofia.d.c » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:31 pm

Hey Keloid,

As long as you're married to an EEA national, you have automatic right of residence in the UK. However, you might get held up at the UK border because border agents don't like to recognize this. Bring your COA, marriage certificate, and your EEA partner's proof of exercising treaty rights, like payslips. You might get held up for a bit, but this is your legal right that isn't being recognized.

Also, it would be very appreciated if you could post your experience of requesting your passports back on this thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 714#743714

Many people have had many problems getting passports back, and we're trying to figure out what the best/fastest way of doing it! Thanks.