ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success @ Croydon (Today) an Intresting episode :)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

ijaz.ahmed

ILR success @ Croydon (Today) an Intresting episode :)

Post by ijaz.ahmed » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:29 pm

I'll skip all the standard details to ILR CW(case work) interaction - 1st Impression of CW: mid-forties ,Indian guy (btw almost 90% staff there was Indian ) very seriously looking and not a single smile during whole process(I got really upset I don’t know why)

Conversation with case worker (CW):
CW: Pass me your Form
Me: Sir I have a summary letter of my case which leads everything available in different folders
CW: Pass me your Form (ignoring me repeated in same tone – I freaked out now) passed the Form
CW: What else have you got?
Me: Sir I have a summary letter … (He quickly jumped on and cut me off before I could complete)
CW: Pass me that
I slid in summary letter he received and put aside at his table (without looking at it) and repeated same questions
CW: What else have you got?
Me: In the folders I have … ( I was cut off again)
CW:Get everything out of the folders (I wasn’t happy as spend almost half night arranging folders but worse was still to come)
I reluctantly emptied them and now big stack of paper was in front of me
CW: where are your photo copies
Me: Sir I have clipped them with original as a single unit (I tried to impress and gave him a light smile)
CW: just separate them out (he completely ignored what I said)
Me: Sorry.. (before I started to say anything further ,he rushed on)
CW: Just make two groups 1st all the originals and 2nd all the copies (I started doing unclipped with heavy heart as all my hard work was unnoticed and being undone)
I passed both groups to him one after another
I could see him going through different papers of mine and randomly typing and looking at his computer screen meanwhile I regret to myself for having a difficult CW in my luck
After good 10-15 minutes he goes
CW: It’s all aright I need to feed your details into my computer come back after hour or hour and half
Me: No problem sir I didn’t take breakfast this morning so I’ll take my breakfast in this time (for a last time I tried to convince him how friendly I am)
CW: Ok come back in two hours then (He ignored me again...)
I left the desk with heavy feet and he quickly put curtain on his window that was unique thing as well because all the rest of people were doing (whatever they were) just without any curtains
I walked out of the building and been though wandering around town just thinking about him all the time and about best way & wording of launching a complain against this CW, as I got my mind to certainty that he was up to something against me
I came back after 1 hour and could easily find my window as it was the only one in big hall blanked out by a curtain
I sat at front of that, asked a couple sitting next to me whether my window of luck was opened in my absence they nodded in negative as they were concern about their own case and at least they could see like crystal clear whatever their case work was doing in front of them
Almost after 5 minutes my window got opened CW signalled by his head to come closer
I did same but I was fully prepared for a bad news now
CW: all looks aright to me can you confirm your details and signed please (I really couldn’t dare to ask about the outcome)
He handed me a document and to be honest with you I did signed that but didn’t pay any attention what was written at it my because I was ready for a worse experience –Not sure why exactly I got that much confused
I passed document back
CW: Your biometric card will be on his way within 5 days, as he passed me an approval letter
With magic of these words all the negative feelings quickly flourished ,long essay I made up to complain quickly flew off my brain, I really wanted to raise at my chair and bow him for his professionalism but I just said thanks and rushed out of the building in case he changes his mind about my case. :)
During my way back to train station I paused for a moment pulled approval letter out of my bag ,just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming .. :)
I was relieved for good now :)

End of conversation with case worker

Case summary: HSMP + T1 G)
Used Form (12/12) version
128 holidays Family visit 128 days
Left 6.3 section left blank
Documents supplied
1-Summary letter
2-ILR Form (12/12)
3-12 Bank statements & copies
4-12 Payslips & copies
5-Life In UK & Copy
6-Passport latest & Copy
7-Passport previous & copy
8-Employer letter & copy
9-HSMP letter & copy
10-T1G letter & copy
11-HMRC 5 years report & copy

TimeLine- 09:30 AM - Appointment time (Original booked time)
08:15 AM - Got at home office Croydon)-Massive queue 100s of people were waiting to get in
08:45 AM - Appointment verified and token issues
09:00 AM Payment done
09:05 AM Initial application inspection at 1st floor
09:45 AM Biometric done at 2nd floor
09:55 AM ILR CW interaction at 2nd floor
10:10 AM was asked to disappear to let him work peacefully :)
11:05 AM came back from a purposeless trip around town (I just can't sit and wait thats not me )
11:11 AM much awaited moment came :)
11:15 AM in train heading back with bright future in mind :)

Sorry for length and best of luck all of you,thanks to the great people who run and contribute to this wonderful forum :)

(A question for adventurous minds: During me conversation with CW I have highlighted one line above as red ,did he actually meant my case was approved at that stage?)
-ijaz
Last edited by ijaz.ahmed on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Congratulations.

Learning points: Keep it simple.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:19 pm

congrats and wow, great story, enjoyed reading, CW probably had not had a breakfast too. :)

sam2012

Post by sam2012 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:58 pm

can you please paste the summary letter.

thanks
This forum has helped me since last 5 years to get my HSMP , Tier 1 extn and ILR. I really appreciate all the forum members for keeping it Live!

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:08 pm

Summary letter or Template will be great. Congrats. Very interesting read indeed

ramanvirk

Post by ramanvirk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:00 pm

hi there

congrats and very nicely written

do i have to photocopy the form Set (O) as well?

ramanvirk

Post by ramanvirk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:06 pm

[quote="wpilr_nov12"]

hi there

I am applying for ILR in Jan 2013 ( I was on HSMP+tier 1) and would like to get some clarity if my husband can apply for ILR at the same time as me

he has been my dependent since 13th septmeber 2012(applied for entry clearance in Jan 2012 from india, but was refused filed appeal, won and was issued visa on 13th sept 2012) However we have both have lived together in UK for 2 yrs. He was on student visa in UK before i applied for his spouse visa.

my query is becoz we have lived together for 2 yrs,Is he eligible for ILR? OR he still has to apply for another extension and then ILR.
Also if he has to apply for extension do we have to make a separate appointment for him or he can go with me on the same day?

In addition to this one last query regarding my ILR- i have calculated my absences below according to the calender months. please have a look and advise i will be OK for ILR
I was granted hsmp-25/01/2008 and my ILR PEO appointment is 24/01/2013.

Year 1 24 Jan 2013-23 January 2012 24 days Annual leave(AL)
Year 2 24 Jan 2012-23 January 2011 43 days AL
Year 3 24 Jan 2011- 23 January 2010 62 days
Year 4 24 Jan 2010-23 January 2009 69 days
Year 5 24 Jan 2009- 23 January 2008 47 days

I would appreciate if you could provide some clarity.
Regards
raman

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:14 pm

I will say this again as I have repeated over and over again in the past. Do not take anything that is not required. You do not need a summary letter / cover letter. It's simply a waste of time, paper and effort. A summary letter is not required and will not assist in your case unless there is something serious that is not covered in the application form. To a case worker, it means nothing - everything that they require to make a decision is contained in the application forms.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:16 pm

ramanvirk wrote: hi there

I am applying for ILR in Jan 2013 ( I was on HSMP+tier 1) and would like to get some clarity if my husband can apply for ILR at the same time as me

he has been my dependent since 13th septmeber 2012(applied for entry clearance in Jan 2012 from india, but was refused filed appeal, won and was issued visa on 13th sept 2012) However we have both have lived together in UK for 2 yrs. He was on student visa in UK before i applied for his spouse visa.

my query is becoz we have lived together for 2 yrs,Is he eligible for ILR? OR he still has to apply for another extension and then ILR.
Also if he has to apply for extension do we have to make a separate appointment for him or he can go with me on the same day?

In addition to this one last query regarding my ILR- i have calculated my absences below according to the calender months. please have a look and advise i will be OK for ILR
I was granted hsmp-25/01/2008 and my ILR PEO appointment is 24/01/2013.

Year 1 24 Jan 2013-23 January 2012 24 days Annual leave(AL)
Year 2 24 Jan 2012-23 January 2011 43 days AL
Year 3 24 Jan 2011- 23 January 2010 62 days
Year 4 24 Jan 2010-23 January 2009 69 days
Year 5 24 Jan 2009- 23 January 2008 47 days

I would appreciate if you could provide some clarity.
Regards
raman
Please create a seperate topic for this question. It clearly does not fit as a response to the OP's success story.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:22 pm

mulderpf wrote:I will say this again as I have repeated over and over again in the past. Do not take anything that is not required. You do not need a summary letter / cover letter. It's simply a waste of time, paper and effort. A summary letter is not required and will not assist in your case unless there is something serious that is not covered in the application form. To a case worker, it means nothing - everything that they require to make a decision is contained in the application forms.
Totally agree with you.

I am applying for ILR end of this month under 5yr old work permit, Do I need to submit last 5 year's P60? It does not say anywhere on UKBA to provide this document?

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:35 pm

Congrats ijaz.ahmed.
I think I had the same cw on 31st dec at PEO croydon. mid forties or a bit old indian/african. was very rude. But atleast he got through our case very quickly :-)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 3&start=20

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:49 am

Suddenly remembered (just after midnight) the name Narayanan. OP's narration read like one of KR? Narayanan's stories I read as a kid. Sorry, but had to admire it.

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Congrats and thanks for the detailed post ..Yes the Red marked one says it all

my best pick is below

and rushed out of the building in case he changes his mind about my case.

:D :D :D :D

ijaz.ahmed

Post by ijaz.ahmed » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Thanks all who liked or found this post useful,My summary letter was roughly like below (some details omitted)
Disclaimer:
-sorry for layout its beyond my control here
-If you search round you might find a better summary letter somewhere ,I just made up this one while preparing my own documents
-it consists of two pages + 3 tables: Page1-Basic info only Page 2-Focuses only on earnings ,(colour coded as orange for clarity)
-use this template at your own risk
-best advise would be use this just as an idea and make up your own

[Page 1:]

Summary of Application for ILR SET (O) – Continuous 5 years (HSMP + Tier1 General)
• Single applicant – No dependents
• Key Dates

o HSMP Entry clearance: 29th January 2008 (Islamabad Pakistan)
o First entry into UK: 16th March 2008 (London)
o Tier 1 General Issued: 26th January 2010 (Sheffield)
o Tier 1 General expiring: 29th January 2013

Number of days absent from UK past 5 years :128

[Table:1]
| Exit from UK | Entry to UK | Absent days | Country | Reason |
| XXXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX | XX | XXXXXXXX | Family visit |
Total 128
[End of Table:1]

• TIER 1 POINTS SCORING ASSESSMENT
o Total Points claiming XXXXXX

[Table:2]
| Category | Details | Points | Evidence |
| Age | Under 28 years of age at first grant of leave | 20 | XXXXXXXX |
| Education | Bachelor’s degree | 30 | XXXXXXXX |
| Previous earnings claim | XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX | XX | XXXXXXXX |
| UK Experience Assessment | XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX | XX | XXXXXXXX |
Total points claimed XX
[End of Table:2]

SET(O) form filled (Latest 12/12 version)
• Life in the UK test - Passed certificate (original and copy)
• Photos
• One new and an old passport (original and copy)
• Other documents (available if required)

o Letter from current employer
o HMRC five years economic activity report
o HSMP approval letter
o Tier 1 General approval letter

[End of Page 1:]

[Page 2:]

Earnings table (2012)

o Total Gross income for this period: £XX,XXX.XX
o Points claimed: XXXXX
o Country of earnings: UK (GBP)
o Band: £XX,XXX - £XX,XXX
[Table:3]
| Sr. | Date | Employer | Gross(GBP) | Net(GBP) | Evidence Reference |
| 1 | Jan 2012 | XXXXXXXX | £X,XXX.XX | £X,167.84 | Payslip: Jan 2012 Bank statement page no: 114 |
| 2 | Feb 2012 | XXXXXXXX | £X,XXX.XX | £X,180.83 | Payslip: Feb 2012 Bank statement page no: 116 |
| 3 | Mar 2012 | XXXXXXXX | £X,000.00 | £X,340.77 | Payslip: Mar 2012 Bank statement page no: 120 |
| 4 | Apr 2012 | XXXXXXXX | £X,000.00 | £X,251.04 | Payslip: Apr 2012 Bank statement page no: 121 |
| 5 | May 2012 | XXXXXXXX | £X,000.00 | £X,246.54 | Payslip: May 2012 Bank statement page no: 126 |
| 6 | June 2012 | XXXXXXXX | £X,000.00 | £X,XXX.54 | Payslip: June 2012 Bank statement page no: 128 |
| 7 | July 2012 | XXXXXXXX | £X,X0X.09 | £X,XXX.2X | Payslip: July 2012 Bank statement page no: 128 |
| 8 | Aug 2012 | XXXXXXXX | £X,000.00 | £X,248.10 | Payslip: Aug 2012 Bank statement page no: 134 |
| 9 | Sep 2012 | XXXXXXXX | £X,000.00 | £X,239.84 | Payslip: Sep 2012 Bank statement page no: 135 |
| 10 | Oct 2012 | XXXXXXXX | £X,XXX.X0 | £X,851.10 | Payslip: Oct 2012 Bank statement page no: 137 |
| 11 | Nov 2012 | XXXXXXXX | £X,000.00 | £X,236.84 | Payslip: Nov 2012 Bank statement page no: 140 |
| 12 | Dec 2012 | XXXXXXXX | £X,000.00 | £X,238.44 | Payslip: Dec 2012 Bank statement page no: 142 |
Total £XX,XXX.XX | £XX,XXX.XX
[End of Table:3]

Contact Details:

1) Andrew Chambers - Finance Department
Email:
Tel:
Address:
Suites

2) Caroline Blackmore - Payroll Administrator
Email:
Tel:
Address:
[End of Page 2:]

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Bijuk wrote:Congrats and thanks for the detailed post ..Yes the Red marked one says it all

my best pick is below

first of all congrats to u on getting ur ILR approved.. and i pick the same thing... some times these innocent thoughts come to out mind... lol...

atleast he is honest in sharing that... :)

MrBrilliant
BANNED

Post by MrBrilliant » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Haha, brilliant story, thanks for telling it.

For future reference, keep in mind that you don't need to be friendly and chatty with everyone. Most of them are working boring jobs and don't feel like having a friendly conversation all day every day with every person they meet, so when you try too hard to be chatty it just annoys them.

ijaz.ahmed

Post by ijaz.ahmed » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks Good advice "MrBrilliant" :wink:

vhathiramani
Newly Registered

Post by vhathiramani » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:47 am

Congrats..silly question but handing in photo copies is important?? also do we copy all pages of our passports or just the relevant ones.. its quite a task to do so..
vimal

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:00 pm

vhathiramani wrote:Congrats..silly question but handing in photo copies is important?? also do we copy all pages of our passports or just the relevant ones.. its quite a task to do so..
Handing in photocopies of all supporting evidence is stated as a requirement in the application form guidance. Only photocopy passport pages which contain personal details, visas, stamps etc... Blank unused pages are not required.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Re photocopies - bank statements need only the first page showing your name/address detail, and the page showing your salary/pay-in.

Tanya2013
Newly Registered

Post by Tanya2013 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:59 pm

pure desire wrote:
Bijuk wrote:Congrats and thanks for the detailed post ..Yes the Red marked one says it all

my best pick is below

first of all congrats to u on getting ur ILR approved.. and i pick the same thing... some times these innocent thoughts come to out mind... lol...

atleast he is honest in sharing that... :)
Congratulations.. what end well is all well and i agree that you neednt be chatty/friendly with everyone!
I am awaiting my appointment which is on 14th in Sheffield! Fingers Xed!

ijaz.ahmed

Post by ijaz.ahmed » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:27 am

Thanks "Tanya2013"

Update about BRP Card,I received yesterday.
I was told It gonna take almost 5 days to get my card,
But quite surprising it was dispatched within just 1 day by DX service
But unfortunately you have to receive by yourself AND at your home address only
As I tried to change delivery address to my office(by DX) but they said they aren't allowed to do so (Even they can't give you any idea what time of day should I expect delivery)

So I have to take day off and been waiting for delivery whole day until it arrived around 3PM.

Hope it helps you,best of luck to you.;)

asiantiger
Newly Registered

5 years employment history

Post by asiantiger » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:51 am

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience . I want to ask weather case worker specifically ask for 5 years employment history or yourself provided those to support the application ??

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:55 am

read from past....2590

ijaz.ahmed

Re: ILR success @ Croydon (Today) an Intresting episode :)

Post by ijaz.ahmed » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:53 am

I don't know why but I just wanted to come back this my old(1.5 years) post to encourage you all on this stage yet.

Don't give up keep going I've got my passport today and you will get yours as well... there are just few more hurdles.

best of luck all of you :)