ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA citizen-Carer in UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

brownbonno
Netherlands

EEA citizen-Carer in UK

Post by brownbonno » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Please I need clarification on this case:
An EEA citizen is a Carer to her disabled child(EEA citizen)here in the UK for which Carer's allowance is received for the past 6 years.Also worked less 16 hours for few years in the last 6 years.The EEA1 residence card is due to expire in few weeks.
Can the EEA citizen qualify to apply for EEA3-Permanent residence?
Knowledge is Power

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:12 pm

I should think so. I cant see any obvious obstacle to obtaining PR if she is a worker, even if she receives top up benefits.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:23 pm

I assume you are asking the question on behalf of someone else. You might got some of the details wrong. Residence Certificate (EEA1) doesn't have an expiry date.

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:16 pm

Obie wrote:I should think so. I cant see any obvious obstacle to obtaining PR if she is a worker, even if she receives top up benefits.
Thanks for the inputs.But the EEA national did not worked throughout the period in question,but was a carer of disabled child for d whole period.
Knowledge is Power

boloney

Post by boloney » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:43 pm

Jambo wrote:I assume you are asking the question on behalf of someone else. You might got some of the details wrong. Residence Certificate (EEA1) doesn't have an expiry date.
my one had expiry date on and it was for 5 years.