ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed Penalty

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

herewego
Newly Registered

Fixed Penalty

Post by herewego » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:59 am

Hi all., was wondering if i can get some advice from you guys. I've had 2 notice of behavior fixed penalties in the last 12 months. Can i still apply? i think i read somewhere on the application its best to wait 12 months before you apply if you have more than 1 fixed penalties. i don't know if the penalty i got is the same one as the one they talk about. what do u guys think should i apply??
Also Can someone tell me how long you have 2 wait if the application is unsuccessful to apply again?
One last thing, i dont know if i have 2 do the life in the UK test . I got my ILR when i was 17 and my father applied for it for me and i dont really remember doing any tests so do i need 2 do it know??

Thanks advance for all the help .

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:43 pm

You have asked a wrong question. You can apply when you want. The question should be whether it is likely that your application will be granted?

First thing first, you have got to pass Life in the UK test.

If you have 2 fixed penalties in 12 months preceding you application, then it will be refused, simple.

Only apply when in the 12 months immediately preceding your application, you have no more than 1 fixed penalty.

Also keep in mind that repetitive anti social behaviour could result in refusal of naturalisation even if its only fixed penalties.

herewego
Newly Registered

Post by herewego » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:35 pm

if i apply and get refused , how long do i need to wait to reapply??

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:59 pm

You did not get the message. You will be refused. If you have money to throw away , please give it to me. I need it desperately.

herewego
Newly Registered

Post by herewego » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:03 pm

could someone follow up and tell me how long you have to wait before you can reply??
thanks

herewego
Newly Registered

Post by herewego » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:04 pm

reapply i meant sorry

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:19 pm

You can reapply whenever you want. No waiting period as such.

But if you do not disclose something which you should, then UKBA will refuse your application and also bar you from naturalisation for 10 years.

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi herewego,

asim is right, you can apply any time you want and you should declare both inctances. That said, it is likely that your application will be refused and the immediate consiquence is the loss of your fees.

Not sure what "behaviour fixed penalties" are, but assuming they are fixed penalty fines and you have not been convicted in a court of law, then it is advisable to wait until you have no more than one fixed penalty within 12 month of your application. i.e. if your fines were on April and August 2012 and your 1 year of ILR completes in February 2013, you are advised to wait until May 2013.

See below extract from the guidance notes:

"Fixed penalty notices will not normally be taken in to account, unless you have had more than one fixed penalty notice in the last 12 months. In that case you may wish to wait to make your application until you have no more than one fixed penalty notice in the 12 month period before applying."
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

herewego
Newly Registered

Post by herewego » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:17 pm

there is nothing i need to disclose becuase its a fixed penalty and it says you dont need to disclose those.. i have 2 or 3 fixed penalties and i wanted to take the chance and apply but i dont really want 2 wait 5 years to reapply incase it gets refused. thats why i want to know when you can reapply?

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Putting whether you need to declare them or not to one side. Your application is likely to be refused if you apply and you have had more than one fixed penalty within 12 months of the application.

If fees are not an issue to you, you can apply and try your luck
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

herewego
Newly Registered

Post by herewego » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 pm

how long do i need to wait to re apply ?

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:53 am

Another extract from the notes

"If your application is refused , and there is clear evidence of the deception, any future application made within 10 years is unlikely to be successful."

Otherwise, like asim said, there is no waiting period