ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO to OCI Transfer for Dual Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cheekoo
Newly Registered

PIO to OCI Transfer for Dual Citizen

Post by Cheekoo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 pm

This is the current situation of my family

Myself , Born in India , Living in UK now got British Citizenship, Surrendered Indian Passport, applying for OCI

Spouse, Born in India , Living in UK now got British Citizenship, Surrendered Indian Passport, applying for OCI

Son, Born in UK, had Indian passport initially, got british citizenship, surrendered Indian passport, applying for OCI

Daughter, Born in USA, American citizen by birth, never had Indian passport, she had a PIO card which we applied and received in USA. She moved to UK with us and now got British citizenship (Dual citizen now). We are applying for her OCI now.

The questions I have are -

1. When we apply for OCI for my daughter, do we need to send her PIO (original) as well and will that be cancelled, once she receives the OCI ?

2. Do I need to send the copy of her American and British both the passports or only British ?

3. The OCI sticker will be placed on British Passport only or on both British and American passports ?

4. As she never had Indian Passport, so do I need to submit any affidavit along with the application ? (Or is the proof that she already had a valid PIO sufficient for that)

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:35 am

regarding OCI/PIO please ask in this forum

asim72
BANNED

Re: PIO to OCI Transfer for Dual Citizen

Post by asim72 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:36 pm

Cheekoo wrote:This is the current situation of my family

Myself , Born in India , Living in UK now got British Citizenship, Surrendered Indian Passport, applying for OCI

Spouse, Born in India , Living in UK now got British Citizenship, Surrendered Indian Passport, applying for OCI

Son, Born in UK, had Indian passport initially, got british citizenship, surrendered Indian passport, applying for OCI

Daughter, Born in USA, American citizen by birth, never had Indian passport, she had a PIO card which we applied and received in USA. She moved to UK with us and now got British citizenship (Dual citizen now). We are applying for her OCI now.

The questions I have are -

1. When we apply for OCI for my daughter, do we need to send her PIO (original) as well and will that be cancelled, once she receives the OCI ?
Yes

2. Do I need to send the copy of her American and British both the passports or only British ?
Take both to HCI, and ask them what they want.

3. The OCI sticker will be placed on British Passport only or on both British and American passports ?
That's a silly question. It will be placed only on the passport on which you apply. Either British or American.

4. As she never had Indian Passport, so do I need to submit any affidavit along with the application ? (Or is the proof that she already had a valid PIO sufficient for that)
Why do you think an affidavit might be required? For what purpose?